Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see Siouxsie Sioux has returned to performing after a decade of inactivity, she's headlining Latitude festival. More than likely that ATN might make a bid for her as her music would fit into the festivals demographic. I've a feeling that Jamie XX will be a Something Kind Of Wonderful headliner rather than main stage and possibly Caribou too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Jamie xx and Caribou headlining main stages.

siouxsie would be heading to EP as Melvin benn got her out of retirement for latitude

Standon Calling announced their line up a month ago, weekend before ATN, wouldn't mind seeing Bloc Party and Human League from that list at ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Cool list, we share v similar tastes.

Would comfortably add Frankie and the Witch Fingers, Chris Forsyth, La Femme, Elder, Cave, Endless Boogie, King Buffalo, WH Lung, Causa Sui. There does not appear to be a market for this kind of mid-tier garage/psych band here at all - this runs opposite to every other country in Europe. Elsewhere people are building entire festival line up around this kinda thing. In Dublin, we get a smattering. Loyal heads like Dwyer play here regularly, but he is a one off. King Gizzard stood out like a sore thumb on the ATN line up last year - and the reports from people who were there overwhelmingly positive! Why the lack of interest from promoters for this music???

Amidst the dozen or so banker type bookings you suggest above it is truly berzerk that Slift havent played here yet. Genuinely baffled by that. Its not like theyre from the West Coast of the US. Theyre from Toulouse ffs. Karkara another fab band from that city.

/fin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abbaesque

I know, I know I shouldn’t be asking, however if anyone has a campervan ticket they no longer need could you message me? They were sold out on presale in no time.. and gone as quick on the general… sorry for asking..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭nomoedoe

Keep an eye on toutless and any of the facebook campervan groups i seen a good few for sale on them last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

This is solidly the best lineup in the country this year unless the Picnic sorts its **** out big time with the undercard.

That's partly down to Irish acts being in such a good place right now, but still.

Beyond the Pale v good too in fairness, but otherwise the festival circuit this year is a bit diluted by the number of different ones on the go.

Throw in Forest Fest too with quite a nice varied alternative line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Does anyone know when the next payment of the installment plan is due to come out? Paid through revolut and just want to make sure the account is topped up so it doesn't get declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Start of next month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Can't decide on whether to buy a new (fresh and black) tent or go boutique this year.

Did Tangerine fields the first 2 years of ATN, but braved main campsite last year. Was grand the Friday night but then had some all night long head bangers move in not far from us on the Saturday.

I realise the walk from the carpark to boutique was a pain, but fingers crossed they can sort that issue this year. For those that did full on boutique last year (not just the sham that was TF), is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I did Boutique with Podpads in 2019 and it was a major letdown, the reasons are well documented at this stage. I thought they really upped their game last year, still not at EP levels but not that far off tbh:

1. The new location, a bit of a hike, I didn't bring my trolley and had my backpack and a cooler with 30 beers in it. It was painful, but this year I'll have the trolley again. But once I got to tent it was perfect, access directly to main arena, so it was 5 mins to tent during day to pick up cool beers.
    2. The toilet and shower facilities were better, toilets regularly cleaned, and the q for showers wasn't so bad (all about the timing)
    3. Food options in boutique were not great, but it was 5 mins into the arena so no big deal.
    4. There was access to the VIP bar area for podpads, didn't use it, but friends used it to chill (and use toilets)
    5. Most importantly, it was quiet at night, but woken up early with main stage soundchecks.

Thanks Blackie_IRL, sounds like it's worth the extra alright. If I want to keep herself coming to festivals, I need to up the luxury a bit! Only downside is all our mates are doing general camping again. We'll just have to go on tour with a few beers to visit them....or convince them to come in to the main arena a bit earlier (we'd be divils for tent cans).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Valley Fest is the same weekend as ATN in the UK and Arcadia are a key piece for it , i think they were the week after last year. Was much of the reason id say they downgraded to the Bug last year.

Do Arcadia run different installations over the same weekend i dunno. Just warning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

We only found out when we got home that we could have had access to the VIP bar for staying with podpads so that was a bit of a headmelt. Shall deffo be taking advantage this year as we booked again, it is worth the money IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

How early is early being woken by the sound checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

When will the next announcement of bands added to the line up be?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They said on twitter yesterday it will be announced very soon.

I'm bringing my wife this year for first time, she came to a few EP's with me, can be a bit of a struggle for her as she has MS, so a bit apprehensive about it as the site is a bit hillier albeit much more compact. There's definitely a quick(er) route to the general campsite from boutique that doesn't involve crossing through arena, maybe 10 mins walk.

Fairly sure they were around the 9/10 am time, I don't mind it, but woken up to dark and long by underworld last year, then not to hear it on the setlist that night was a bummer though

I think they do, they've 3 main rigs, the Spider which is the one we see at Glastonbury, the Afterburner which used to be at EP and was there for first 2 years of ATN, and then there's the bug. I thought the bug was very good last year, the layout was great and it was rammed at night. Wasn't overly keen on the music though, then again, maybe I'm getting a bit too old for it :)

Post edited by Blackie_IRL on

Should be fine on the main paths/tracks and the whole place is more compact as you say. Distance between Boutique/Main stage/Something Kind of Wonderful/Road to Nowhere is but a stones throw.

Another quick question. This is the first year we know people with campervan tickets. Can regular punters rock in there for a visit, or do you have a special wristband?

Not 100% sure about the campervans, fairly confident you need a wristband

I'm just hoping that before second announcement, we get one of these cryptic Aphex Twin visual ads for Ireland, seeing as he's cropping up all over the place in June and July around Europe, Dour Festival being the nearest to ATN's dates and ATN being a Aiken and POD festival hence Forbidden Fruit of old. Probably not but one can dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭xropeps

Advertisement