Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with aerial

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Would you have been better to go with a sat dish for your FTA channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

A badly made connection or connections somewhere on the cable most likely

A screw-on F-connector is regarded a superior connector over the old Belling-Lee co-ax plug, when properly made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I do have a dish and tv with a satellite tuner but as mentioned earlier there's enough on Freeview and Saorview for us. Apart from that I have a Freeview recording box which is ideal for the limited amount of stuff that would be recorded. Call me old school but I'm happy with the current setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It's possible that the connections were faulty but this guy is very meticulous in his work so I would think he checked all those things. Of course it's also possible that it was the splitter but my old one was working fine beforehand and then wasn't after the new aerial and cable was fitted. It could be a fault in the splitter he used or as you say the connections but we will never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Sat installer shoud have a meter for checking feeds for aerial as i had an attic one and at times would lose rte2 and turned out was a bad cable ,so i got him to stick up an outside aerial to fix the issue and never looked back with new cable also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement