Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I have a few friends here that said that, I don’t see it myself, I do think he will probably make an instant impact but maybe only for a few games then maybe fizzle out, he really hasn’t done much the past few years but cause drama, I see the Mavs Logic, Doncic needs help if they want to win but Iam no where near convinced Kyrie is the answer

LeBron breaks the record but they lose to home to OKC, priorities I guess, game wasn’t as close as the score suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Once thought an impossible record to break and the King does it while still one of the best players in the league, doing ridiculous things at 38. Years ago, if you had told me he was going to break the record, I would have assumed he’d do it as a 42 year old bit part player hanging on in the league somewhere for no other reason than to chase the record. Doing it this way is clean and triumphant.

As LeBron has proven, someone better will always come along. It is the fundamental reality of humanity and progress. I hope to be alive to see the next goat, because what a career it will be.

Top 10 scorers (assist rank in parenthesis):

1. LeBron (4)
    2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (48)
    3. Karl Malone (61)
    4. Kobe Bryant (33)
    5. Michael Jordan (50)
    6. Dirk Nowitzki (159)
    7. Wilt Chamberlain (84)
    8. Julius Erving (65)
    9. Moses Malone (>250)
    10. Shaquille O’Neal (231)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's amazing that if Jordan had played as many games and minutes as James that he'd have over 42k points.

How many NBA titles would he have had if he played that long?

So far ahead of the rest. The GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Really enjoyed the spectacle of him breaking the record but jesus the Lakers defending was a sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bill Russell doc out on Netflix today.

It’s almost like being this good for this long is a skill. :)

It's more like a dogged determination with a chip on your shoulder because you just can't handle the truth that Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Perk has a book coming out next week. It’s called - and I’m not making this up - The Education of Kendrick Perkins.

Congrats to LeBron on breaking the scoring record.

That doesn’t make him the greatest player of all time though.

• Advertisement

On a side note, Westbrook didn’t seem to care too much that LeBron was breaking the record, he kind of went out of his way to show his indifference. I guess I’d be upset also if my team was trying to off load me

Yeah, I'd be like '**** him' too if I was Russ. Fair play Lebron, great accomplishment and really liked how they did the big presentation and had his family there. Special moment.

Interesting moves here, all the best to Russ and good luck to Pippen JR now teammates with his ma's ex...

Reports: Lakers deal Westbrook, acquire Russell in 3-team deal

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached a deal to trade guard Russell Westbrook to the Utah Jazz and acquire guard D’Angelo Russell from Minnesota in a three-team, eight-player deal that also includes Utah sending guard Mike Conley to the Timberwolves, according to multiple reports.

The Lakers will also get Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt from Utah in the eight-player swap.

Los Angeles receives:

• D’Angelo Russell
    • Malik Beasley
    • Jarred Vanderbilt

Minnesota receives:

• Mike Conley
    • Nickeil Alexander-Walker

Utah receives:

• Russell Westbrook
    • Juan Toscano-Anderson
    • Damian Jones

All players involved have been notified about the trade, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Jazz are expected to buy out Westbrook once the trade is completed, per TNT’s Chris Haynes, who adds that the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers could be interested in signing the nine-time All-Star.

Celtics had a good win over the sixers tonight. Tatum had an off night but Brogdon yet again makes up for it and Blake Griffin who had 15 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Durant has gone to Phoenix, that surely makes them favourites to win the whole thing now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

He has his injury problems, and Chris Paul is pushing on now too. Not exactly tearing it up this year. I'd be a lot more worried if Durant had gone back to golden state !!

At least we can agree the Kyrie , Harden and Durant superteam did not quite work out !

Yes

They moved from ~19/1 to ~4/1 off the back of the news

I think that’s the biggest in season trade in NBA history.

Nets are now drawing dead but have nice pieces that can help contenders so my expectation is they sell like crazy through the close.

Edit: though that seems a bad initial thought. They don’t have their own picks so tanking doesn’t make sense. Also 10 games above .500. Maybe they just roll with a lineup and play it out.

Report: Suns acquiring Kevin Durant from Nets in blockbuster trade

The Nets reportedly will receive Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, 4 first-round draft picks and a pick swap for Durant and TJ Warren.

From NBA media reports

February 9, 2023 6:30 AM

The Nets reportedly agreed to trade Kevin Durant to Suns in a blockbuster deal that could reshape the power structure in the NBA.

The Phoenix Suns are on the verge of finalizing a trade with the Brooklyn Nets that would send 13-time All-Star Kevin Durant to Phoenix, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski reports the Suns are sending Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round picks and a 2028 pick swap for Durant and T.J. Warren.

Durant wanted to move and new Suns owner Mat Ishbia pushed to get the deal done on the eve of the NBA trade deadline.

Suns receive:

• Kevin Durant
    • T.J. Warren

Nets receive:

• Mikal Bridges
    • Cam Johnson
    • Jae Crowder
    • 4 1st-round picks
    • 2028 pick swap

TNT’s Chris Haynes adds that the trade was a collaborative effort from Durant and the Nets, and the two sides part ways on good terms.

There is optimism that Durant can return from his MCL injury following the All-Star break.

• Advertisement

it’s an all in move from the Suns but they’ve given up a huge part of their defence (particularly on the wings) to do this. They'll have a tough path through the West considering their seeding will be low and they won’t have homecourt. Contenders yes, favourites? I don’t think so. We’ll have to see how they play (and gel) first.

Harden, Kyrie, Durant... Man, at least they still have Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feels like the Nets have just done the PP/KG trade mess all over again, once again they've come out of this with no success and now they're a bad team with none of their own draft picks for the next 5 years.

Huge for the Suns in the short term. Excellent for the Nets in the long term.

Mikael Bridges is one that could flourish in a leading role. I'm not gone on Cam Johnson but he has improved season by season and like Bridges is still a young player at 26. Crowder is a solid player and a very good man in the locker room.

I think the Nets will be okay and that locker room will be a whole lot better now.

I'm very interested to see how the Nets perform now. Four first round picks will help a lot.

I don't think this move guarantees Phoenix the West. The Nuggets are a very serious team this year and the Grizzlies are not to be underestimated. If Kyrie can be managed in Dallas then they are serious contenders as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mam that was a busy night!

Weirdest deal that will inevitably be overshadowed by Durant has to be the Raptors getting Pöetl in exchange for *checks story*...(that cant be right)......*checks story again* Khem Birch!??

The Nets are apparently shopping Crowder immediately but cant see them getting a blockbuster for him. What a weird time to blow up their roster.

Crowder has value, particularly to a contender. Can see a number of teams showing interest there.

What choice did they have when Kyrie decided he was off?

We know Durant can’t win on his own, his contract is massive and he’s 34

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yup.

The Raptors are worth keeping an eye on, they've been open to dealing Trent Jr. the whole time, FVV has admirers and most interesting of all Anunoby has just lost his starting spot in the Poetl trade. That could set things off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Advertisement

I think the Nets have handled a difficult situation well.

Advertisement