Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

I think that the convicts have to wear special colored wrist / arm bands to denote which / what infection / illness they are suffering from. Imagine the effect that will have on the other soldiers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

These morally impoverished "pseudo-sympaths" are all the same.

No imagination, so no sense of humour, so no ability to understand anything abstract.

That's why their sole recourse is to pretend they're the only ones displaying the appropriate gravitas.

Their use of language is always so strained, I guess they're just carrying out their assignments without being remotely curious enough to recognise a crock of sh!t.

Why do they even try in Ireland?

They would be far more productive in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Foreign fighters who travel to Ukraine would have trained in NATO countries so they are NATO soldiers who volunteered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, in principle is fine, debate is good. Except for that if they are THAT kind of trolls then we help them tune their message for wider audiences and earn their rubles.

Absolutely !!

Monitoring public posts on Boards is an ideal way for Orwell Rd. to gauge public opinion in Ireland.

Obviously they're also trying to sway opinion but their efforts are actually amusingly pathetic.

What a devolved race of Neanderthals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is why you want me banned, i am running rings around the pro war posters, too easy, all of you afraid of fact and to counter my posts, so cry for a ban😂🤣

Here's a fact for you. Russia doesn't even have an operational equivalent 5th generation fighter. They have a handful of near prototypes, you can even see exposed riveting on them for feck's sake. India, Russia's "friends" once a partner willing to buy 100's of them have backed out of that deal, because they could see it was a uncooked turkey. The Yanks at least have fully operational 5th generation fighters and a couple of different types, and as your linked article points out were designed to go head to head with Russian forces in a European theatre.

What has Russia got? Capable enough 4th gen kit, but no real match for Western kit. They'd be targetted before their opponents even showed up on their now out of date radar. They do have the Mig 31. Based on the old Mig 25 that was once feared by the West, until one was nicked by a Russian seeking asylum in the West. It was found to be not nearly the threat they thought. That said and ironically the Mig 31 is a very nice bit of kit indeed. Very fast, very high flying and has very long range missile capabilities on top. If there were ever open warfare with NATO the irony would be the once feared Foxbat update would likely be the platform that could cause the most headaches.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ah, so NATO troops are on the ground in the form of "not NATO troops".

Textbook doublespeak.

You bore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No, they are individuals who have volunteered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So the last hurdle has already begun. Expect F-16's or some variant of it to be given to Ukraine in about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd say they've been training on these yokes for last few months, but the policy of slow escalation means it cannot be acknowledged or publicly stated until another threshold is crossed.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Russian losses already mounting hugely before their new offensive even begins officially.

All commentators I've seen have poured cold water over their ability to use their 500,000 newly mobilised troops be make a decisive impact on the war. They may well capture some territory, but to think they can do something that they weren't able to do last year doesn't make sense, given that most of their experienced soldiers have been killed or wounded and they are suffering shortages in supplies in ammo, shells and other gear.

The last thrown of the dice from Putin and his regime, because what else can he do if and when this new offensive fails? Call up another 500,000 men and give it another go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah now Russia is breaking out the soviet rreserves to bomb apartments blocks including anti carrier weapons. Russian missiles are severely depleted.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Opinions and indeed propaganda of any stripe are only effective in echo chambers. If they're talking nonsense the echo chamber will agree with it. It has to or it'll be removed. It's only when they're exposed to wider debate does their position become challenged and some sort of reality established, which in turn informs the wider debate. It's precisely why I consider current Russia a busted flush. It allows little or no debate that goes off script and prefers, even insists on official fanstasies to bolster its worldview.

Sadly even the interwebs has gone this way and why IMHO platforms like forums where you can't avoid "other opinions" have died off, to be replaced by platforms that allow upvotes, ignores or blocks to stop challenges to the narrative, personal or societal. But I digress...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The Gardai should be looking at some of the activity in places here and the likes of Mick/Daly and all the others who are promoting orc propaganda.

Who are these people who is funding them. These are all reasonable questions that need answering.

Possibly.

I always think that in relation to ATACMS that the US should 'deny' them the missile but secretly give some to Ukraine, where they are used to target key ammo dumps and command centres behind the lines, in one fell swoop.

Can you imagine the damage they can do to Russian morale and logistics if they can be unleashed in such force in a 24-48 hour period.

These f16's will be a total game changer for Ukraine. Imagine having strike capability anywhere over orc occupied territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

1. New poster arrives with the same gish-gallop of claims, anti-Western rants, whataboutery, pro-Putin disinfo
    2. Everyone takes a drink
    3. Poster immediately starts acting the victim
    4. They can't back up those claims
    5. They make vapid replies to distract from the fact they haven't supported any of their claims
    6. Poster waits to be "martyred" by a mod - the claims never get supported
    7. Next new account comes along, rinse, repeat

Noticed it happens more when Russian forces make gains e.g. previously in LNR/DNR and now that they are creeping forward in Bahkmut. Must make a bingo card for this.

How do you sleep at night supporting murdering rapists?

Very silly of you to play that game.

I'd rather be a "safe women and children bot" than a "murdering Russian bot"

Your comment is very revealing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No that's not what you claimed

"I'll explain so you can understand, NATO troops are on the ground,

• Advertisement

They sleep very well because the "intelligent/empathic" area of their brain never evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Have they mentioned what aircraft?

Royal airforce only fly F35's and Eurofighters.

Tornados were retired.

Forget being woke

Lack of empathy is tantamount to stupidity, denseness, dullness, impeded cognitive agility, etc.

These people never managed to drag their carcasses off the baseline of awareness

These grunts should have their IQ's tattooed on their foreheads

Russia has stunned NATO with the amount of missiles it has used in the war, many years of westers MIC manufacturing capacity launched month after month with no let up.

NATO has been far more "stunned" by the amount of artillery shells involved. Though it has long been known Russia as part of her military doctrine held huge stockpiles of same. They still operate the quantity has a quality of its own doctrine.

Hypersonic missiles are more of a "wunderwaffe" and like those in WW2 were either too small in number or not nearly so effective in reality that their effectiveness is far more as a propaganda tool and I have found Russians and their supporters do talk a lot about such weaopns. The latest I've heard directly is Russia has only used their outdated kit and just you wait and see. Plus talk of "secret cities" in Russia developing and storing all these wonder weapons.

Put it another way; how many has Russia used in this war? What they have used were air launched glide types and only a tiny handful and even here confirmation is dubious. There were videos of these in action, but the fact there were proves the vids were of non hypersonic missiles. You're not getting an iphone vid of anything motoring at Mach 10. Their hypersonic cruise types are not close to being in service. They've had to go to Iran for missile supply which doesn't sound like a nation of advanced missiles.

What does NATO, or more specifically America have? Hard to say. They were open about hypersonic systems both manned and unmanned, but went quiet about it, nigh on overnight. Though one project got nearly a billlion dollars allocated a few years ago.

They've done this sort of thing before. Stealth being the obvious one. Much scuttlebutt about it in the 70's, then silencio, until F-117's and B-2's got wheeled out. Ironically much of the stealth theory was Russian, but they didn't or couldn't develop it, or just didn't see the utility/cost benefit. The US generally has so much spare cash down the back of the sofa and an extensive and well dug in "black project" setup to allow for more oddball stuff.

Put it another way; when The Beatles were breaking America in black and white on the Ed Sullivan show the yanks put this in the air on the quiet. They even had a drone of the type.

It's actually Russia's "dumb" old style artillery that's the bigger headache by far. This war is an old style and horrific slugfest on the ground. Beyond propaganda wunderwaffe are generally only of any use when they're no longer a wunder and it's often the case other platforms take over. EG the SR71 above was later essentially sidestepped by spy satellites and its role became much narrower. Stealth is kinda similar. The stealthiest stealth platforms are not as popular these days, instead pretty stealthy, or stealthy enough is the way of things.

Oh and BTW ICBM's are hypersonic. It's how they work and America and others have plenty of them. If Russia were hitting western European/NATO cities we're in full on WW3 and all bets are off and game over for the northern hemisphere, but one thing is sure Russia would also be a cratered graveyard of radioactive corpses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The wagner bot farm (troll farm) in St.Petersberg has seemingly come online in a big way recently with intelligence and equipment from China.

Edit: Of course it shuts down concourse from any genuine ordinary joe soap russian when you've computers in a factory in St.Petersberg flooding social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I didn't know Australia was in Nato....oh, it's not. Well so much for that angle, I guess you'll have to try another. How about Nazis, we haven't had that one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement