Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

So I saw some email from Tidal in Argentinian and translated it and it says something about updating payment method...

Im not due to pay for a few days yet but decided to get it over and done with and update the card.

Downloaded TunnelBear set location to Argentina...Opened an incognito window in Google Chrome...logged into Tidal and added a disposable virtual mastercard Revolut which was accepted but Its a disposable card so guess will have to create a new disposable card every month unless Revolut offer a Virtual Card thats Mastercard

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭ooter

Just updated my payment details to my virtual revolut Mastercard, didn't use a VPN and it was accepted.

Payment due on Feb 6th, hopefully it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Just signed up there. Used Hola VPN connected to Argentina. I used https://whatismyipaddress.com/ just to validate that I was connected to Argentina.

I opened an Incognito tab in chrome to go to the Tidal website, and signed up using my Virtual Revolut Mastercard, and it all worked no issues. Now, Im on a 30 day free trial first, and then it will start charging, so hopefully that will work ok. I did get a notification from Revolut about a new subscription service being added.

One thing I wanted to do was to buy some Argentinian Peso on Revolut in advance, but can't see it listed as one of their currencies. So I take it that wnt cause an issue will it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My payment went through, virtual Mastercard.

In one year, 99 ARG has gone from 85c to 50c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,930 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yes! Mine went through there via virtual Mastercard. I am nervous they are starting to cop on to what's going on. Idiots posting on the Tidal reddit which has employees responding to queries about paent being rejected and they are in the UK or US isn't going to help the cause.

As a backup have we any country we could move to if it does come to an end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Same issue here, Revolut card payment rejected, but the single use virtual mastercard worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Debub

Tried to sign up to Tidal (Argentina via Nord VPN) today. but once I complete the registration (creating the log in and password) - it says that "this is not available in your country yet"

anyone has any ideas why this is please?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

My payment went through yesterday with physical MasterCard (N26), had been paying with Visa Revolut up until then, so seems MC is the way to go for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭crushproof

Is there any tricks to Tidal? I switched from Spotify at Christmas and for instance the playlist selection seems to be really poor compared to Spotify. Eveb with the price difference I'm considering going back because it was so easy to find great playlists on Spotify. Any hints or tips would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

I don't know if this is even a trick. I only really use tidal in the gym. I couldn't find any decent playlists but when I put on a song I want, it automatically plays a similar type of songs straight after. Works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

find a song that you like then click on the dots in the corner and choose track radio. It will generate a playlist that is generally pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Apologies if this has been asked already, but has anyone tried to add anyone to the family plan after creating their account via Argentina ?

Tried to add wife to it yesterday, but when she tried to complete the registration from the email she got, she gets an error about her account not being from the same country as the main account. Does she need to be connected to the VPN to Argentina when accepting the invite ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

Has your wife already used that email address with tidal before?

I moved from Turkey to Argentina and the family members (as well as me) had to have fresh email addresses.

No VPN was needed for the family members...just myself.

Post edited by muloc on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I had both for a while but dropped tidal for much the same thing, it's fine but I love spotify.

It's hard to improve on spotify imo so happy enough to pay 30 a year for that or whatever it's gonna cost next time.

I added my brother to it recently, he set up a new tidal account with an email he hadn't used before and used an arg vpn and I was able to then add him to my plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Hi had this set up originally as argentina now not taking payment from revolut.

I suppose i will need to switch to turkey.

not accepting revolut physical or virtual card and BOI physical card.

pain in the ring!

Have you tried your virtual revolut Mastercard?

I switched to that and 73c was taken on Monday.

Tried to sign up to Tidal (Argentina via Nord VPN) today. but once I complete the registration (creating the log in and password) - it says that "this is not available in your country yet"

anyone has any ideas why this is please?

Thanks

That message is prob due to VPN leak.

Re Turkey, that shut down 2 years ago, we all moved to Arg. (And TIDAL made it very obvious that we had to setup a new account in a new country....)

• Advertisement

I have NordVPN and checked for leaks - not showing any leaks as such 😥

try tunnelbear free trial, always worked for me.

I find Nord and surfshark poor lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I use Proton, works well. Good for BBC iplayer, Hulu etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

My sub was due today , change to virtual revolut Sunday when I got the email but it failed today, updated payment again with new virtual card and sub date changed to 11th now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm getting messages about payment failed despite using the single use virtual Mastercard option on Revolut. My payment date was 9th, but now put back to the 12th. Funny thing is they verified my card was valid on 4th Feb. I suppose I'll wait and see what happens on the 12th.

Same thing happened to me, failed mine on the 8th with virtual revolut, changed again and it moved out untill tomorrow 11th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

tried all three revolut cards real, virtual and disposable through tunnel bear,no joy

Update:Mine just went through there on the second attempt with virtual revolut, nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Updated to a virtual revolut Mastercard and it worked

Advertisement