Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intermittent misfire 1.4 TSI Octavia

• 08-02-2023 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Picked up a little run around used octavia with long nct 2008 running well but observered slightly rough idle when cold not bad enough to put a warning on the dash but noticeable. Connected obd cable identified intermittent misfire on cylinder 3.

Common problem with these apparently usually related to sparks/coils so swapped them out for new ones (bosch) and noticed an improvement straight away that was about 6 months ago now have noticed a slight judder again when engine is cold connected obd and seems to be back again but in cylinder 1 but not as often as before. I read R8 coils can help/mask the problem so picked up 4 then when they arrived I realised that to make them fit I need to rewire the harness and install an adaptor (they bigger). Like the one in the pic I am confident enough doing this but my questions are

do you think this is overkill should I live with the occasional misfire?

Will there by problems with NCT etc if I make this mod as I am aware the engine cover won't fit after I install this (if I proceed)

Comments

Advertisement