Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€69.99 on Smyths site right now with a preorder price promise that's the highest you will pay now but if you don't preorder then price on the day will be potentially higher.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/nintendo-switch-pre-order-games/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-nintendo-switch/p/216603

I myself still buy my boxed games exclusively in shops, It's 4 and a week months away and I don't think there will be an availability shortage of it but it depends what Smyths and GameStops situations are come May.

Argos will still potentially be open in some areas but who knows how many if any they'll have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given the total pap that sells on the Xbox and Playstation consoles at €70 on release, I don't think the same price for a game that will, let us face it, be the game of 2023 and a seminal title for years to come is too much.

We’ll be back to N64 era prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Furukawa was talking after Nintendo's latest financial results and said:

"The Kyoto-based company does not plan to raise software or game console prices, but would consider doing so if circumstances demanded it, Furukawa said. He declined to comment when asked whether the company was considering a successor to the six-year old Switch."

Maybe the US is coming in line with our prices with Europe. The price hike was on the Canadian eShop as well, which makes it seem less like an error. And I've read that Amazon, Gamestop and Best Buy have paused pre-orders since, having previously been available for $60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe the price posted was for the Switch 2 version which will launch around the same time as the Switch version. 😃

GameStop and Smyths show a preorder up for €69.99. Same as BOTW.

If I divide BOTW’s price by the number of hours I played it, then it’s one of the cheapest game per hour I’ve ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same. That an Ocarina. And Horace, which cost me 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Played it twice. I never play a game twice. Played the DLC. Kids have played it, still playing it ... I still stop to watch them play it. It's like an interactive wall painting with beautiful relaxing music.

By comparison, that new Pokémon game is like a crappy circus gone AWOL in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭jj880

Only a lunatic would complain about the price of BOTW.

As for TOTK. Depends how much new gameplay/content we get.

Looking at the trailer there looks to be at least some overlap between the 2 games. Hopefully not too much.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I was thinking the exact same. At a rough tot, I’ve sunk over 400 hours into BOTW. That’s 15 cents an hour for some of the most rewarding entertainment I’ve ever experienced. Where else would you get value like that. Even if TOTK is half the game of it’s predecessor, I’d happily pay 70 quid for. And Nintendo know it, the cruel mistress that they are 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Anyone else secretly hoping that the reason we haven't seen any footage recently is that Nintendo are gonna do a bait and switch... TOTK is now going to be in Links Awakening style?

If the price really is going up extortionately we better get a guest announcement from that now mid forties rascal Tingle explaining he needs those Rupees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

They've doubled the number of Korak seeds to justify the price increase.

Let the games begin

Running out of time now... 36 mins in and no Zelda!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It has a hovercraft. GOTY already.

Legend of Zelda: Nuts and Bolts

Replaced the slate with the glove/arm as if the slate was the game's version of the Wii U controller.

• Advertisement

USD$69.99 is a go. But seems the price isn’t increasing for Europe so it’ll be €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭jj880

The collectors edition seems lacklustre for $130... A few pins, poster, art book and steel case...

Can be sure even that picture of the collection will be analysed down to the smallest detail.

I'll leave that for @sligeach 😉

I love how we saw so much but know so little about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Is there anywhere we can pre-book the Link amiibo yet? I've checked Smyths, Amazon and GameStop this morning but no joy.

I see it's included in the vouchers if you want the digital version. So can save money that way if you plan on getting another game as well at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I ordered the TOTK collectors edition from Smyths (100€), just need to get a console by then!

What are the chances of a Zelda-themed OLED Switch? Would it have been announced by now if there was one or have previous Switch consoles been announced closer to the release of a game?

Advertisement