Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've bought a few new Samsung phones from shop sellers on adverts in the past. Before handing over any money I always checked the IMEI to ensure it's an EU model and not on any blacklists. The seller will usually claim you can avail of the 2 year warranty but I've never had make a warranty claim though so hard to know how it would go. The source of these phones and how they can sell them below RRP is always unclear which makes it a tricky prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

Can I ask what site you use to check IMEI? Looking to buy a Fold 4 from one of these sellers and a bit nervous, especially with so much potential for things to go wrong with a foldable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not only that.

But if you try trade in future on samsung. The can and do ban IMEIs that are out of region for trades. So it makes the device less valuable for trade .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

iPhone 14 Pro is 20% faster than the new S23 Ultra... That's at least one year's development time if not two assuming Apple stands still.

Samsung's flagship phone will take years to reach parity.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I don't think that 99% of people will notice the speed increase between the different phones. Camera/screen/form/function differences: yes; but 10% CPU speed difference or UFS 4.0/3.0 or whatever other stuff is happening under the hood: no. Of course, we're talking about the differences between the phones of the same price bracket/range, not the 14 pro max vs Alcatel 1068.

However, one good thing iPhone has over Samsung is compatibility. And it's understandable that it's easier to develop something for iPhone than for 50000 android phones.

For instance, DJI Osmo (OM) stabilizers and whatnots: compatibility with Samsung is absolutely abysmal.

Another good thing is that iPhone holds resale value...something that we can throw out of the window with Samsung :D

...and that's why I was again a victim of Samsung's marketing and upgraded to s23u :D

#firstworldproblems

• Advertisement

Mac rumours...

Speed tests by apps...

I mean what's even the point. One is it even real. Two does it even matter..

Samsung seem to really be cannibalising apples iPhone market at the moment that and other Chinese brands force apple to rethink and have cheaper models.

Competition is great. Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

It depends on the test as well - for example this review of Galaxy S23: https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S23-review_id5625 (you can add S23 Ultra and iPhone 14 Pro Max to the graphs there by typing their names in Add device field)

For Geekbench 5 iPhone 14 Pro Max is approx 12% faster for single core and 11% in multi-core operations (compared to S23 Ultra, not S23 or S23+).

On the other hand, in 3DMark tests S23 takes lead and is approx 10-15% faster than iPhone (losing only at low settings for some reason).

One thing that is clear is that iPhone 14 Pro Max has a killer battery life. Samsung with S23 Ultra comes close, but is not there yet, especially when it comes to video streaming.

In real life however I don't think anyone will be able to notice difference between these 2 phones. They're both blazing fast, with iPhone being slightly quicker when you render a movie on your phone or something like that - but still, the difference would be very little. So, instead of looking at who's got a bigger dick phone, just enjoy whatever you're into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Overall, Samsung rules over Apple 🍏 bites down the apple from different angles 🍏 😎😉

Does anyone know if we can add Galaxy Buds2 Pro after pre-ordering S23U?

I am considering to buy Buds 2 Pro after good reviews. But not sure if I can still get it on discounted price.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just checked my old links and most of the sites are dead now, there is still this one though

EDIT: IMEI24 is still working too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

iPhone pro max holds its value better than S ultra. Its probably very hard to compare exactly the difference as there is a 7 month between release. gen Feb for Samsung and Sep for iPhone. The difference is Samsung store nearly always has an offer while you never get one on Apple store. S23 ultra 512GB is €1459 today on Samsung store without any further discounts which you can find while the iPhone 14 pro max 512gb is €1879 on the apple store. If you had an iPhone 13 pro max 256gb to trade in. You would pay €639 for the S23 Ultra 512gb V €1399 for the iPhone 14 pro max 512gb. So sell on value is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I was in the same boat. I didn't order them when i ordered the phone. I ordered from Amazon Germany worked out at €165 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 donncha

I replied to my invoice email asking about progress of my order and received this in reply.

Your order has been accepted.

The release date for the S23 is the 17th of February.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Out of curiosity I checked the Vodafone website, and their order form says it will be dispatched on the 16th too. A bit of a wait to get our new phones.

I ordered my phone with buds 2 pro graphite that ill be moving to donedeal as soon as I get them because I don't need them.

P.s. You can ping exertis, cancel the order and reorder again

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marcobon

Ordered S23 Ultra in green from Vodafone. Replacing a Note 20 Ultra, but didn't feel like buying directly on Samsung or trading in the Note 20 Ultra.

No news from Vodafone other than dispatch on the 16h.. but annoyed that other places seem to have it? Hope there are some positive news on the next few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How much are you planning to profit? I considered doing similar but couldn't really find any buds being sold that were worth the effort. Maybe €20 profit.. I only had a very quick look to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I see plenty of S23 and ultras up on adverts and available to buy now. Wonder why Samsung haven’t dispatched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Cause they're c%#ts testing Ireland like it's 3rd world...

I'm really getting annoyed at this - don't get me wrong, when i was placing order i didn't expect to get it before 17th, but now it seems Ireland is the only country in Europe where people are not getting their phones yet. I have friends in Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain, lots of them got S23 already (or know people who got it already). Based on Reddit posts, like like even Canada and UK are getting it, with the only exception being US, where apparently it can't be delivered before 13th of February...

I guess i should just stop looking at Reddit and YouTube and stuff, and Ireland my Note 10+ for the switch over...

It just feels not right that we don't get that phone yet only because we live in Ireland and not other country in Europe...

I suppose to keep the momentum and suspense of our new phones 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Worse then 3rd world. You get offer like same day free delivery, free pick up in case of warranty, free extended warranty. 3rd world has its problems - technology and supply chain is their strength.

Market size is so tiny here, samsung sells phones like ultra series in thousands. What choice they have with high cost of supply chain and infrastructure with a tiny market size? I'm surprised they are offering preorder discounts in a small market. Last year I Got 25% and this year about about 15%.

• Advertisement

Jaysus relax lad.

We got the s22 way before the release last year. Other countries didn't.

Big oul Dollap of calm. Try a walk or a meditave podcast. It's not personal.

Maybe Exertis (Samsung here) is buying stuff from the UK so they're waiting for the stuff to go on sale there to ship it here, repack it and forward it to us while keeping a few bob for themselves :D

Do you need to include box/charger when trading into Samsung?

Exertis is only a distributor. They get paid to store and then ship the order. The order is placed via Samsung. They may have not received the phones yet.

People here need to remember we are a small island country and an after thought. Look at Apple. European headquarters here but not one Apple Store.

No. Just phone. They like if you have the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

No I never have. Just the phone itself and I usually use the original box it came in too.

One thing to note, depending on how much money your trade in phone is, it is probably better for you financially to sell the phone to CEX and use broken earphones as a trade-in with Samsung.

@Fwarder Cheers - Have bought a Fold, it’s actually earphones I’m trading!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

This is great advice. Unfortunately I've thrown out all my broken buds over the years but I still have a fitbit sense with a destroyed screen that I could get €175 for!

That plus a CEX tradein of my S22+ would give me €685 off vs the €550 samsung are offering just for the S22+

VERY TEMPTED

Advertisement