Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

20 mins to go 😁

Waiting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

30 seconds.... Ohhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ghost Trick awesome

• Advertisement

Pikmin 4, XC3, dead cells all look good.

Splatoon wave 1 expansion... Looks like a dead squib

Oh no way NO WAY ETRIAN ODYSSEY

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is pretty dreadful so far. The last 13 minutes need to be fantastic to make up for it.

Gameboy! Finally.

Wtf GBA is online expansion!

• Advertisement

Oh fantastic. That's a great collection of games.

Metroid Prime!

Prime remastered. Jesus...

What a time to be alive

Looks amazing. Guess it's the start of charing seperate for all 3 at €60 a pop 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shadow-dropped Metroid Prime remastered? That'll do pig, that'll do.

We Love Katamari remastered? That'll also do pig.

Etrian Odyssey remastered? I mean, they're all remasters, but it'll still do pig.

Baiten kaitos 1 & 2!

Ohh my poor wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Metroid physical release March 3rd here and Feb 22nd in US.

Pikmin 4 looks good, but more of the same.

The GB/GBA games look great. It's a bit ridiculous that these were the highlight for me as I've a load there I've never played.

That Disney platformer could be good. But probably be expensive for what it is. I like decent platform games.

Already have the Prime trilogy on WiiU which I've yet to play, which is probably better with wiimote anyway.

Edit: missed Advance Wars 1+2 ...

And TOTK has a strange feel to it. Look good. Interesting to see how they can make it feel different to BOTW. The sky sections look huge, so that's a start. Definitely has an epic feel about it, and that art style doesn't age.

Edit ...

Loads of other stuff too

GBA games need expansion pass. Nice to see those extra SM levels.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Was there anything really new there? Pikmin 4, Zelda, Prime, Advance Wars have all been on the slate for a while.

GB and GBA are great additions to the online service, especially with multiplayer.

• Advertisement

It's $40 on the American eShop. So their heart isn't made entirely out of stone. ❤️ 🪨

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/metroid-prime-remastered-switch/

Physical Metroid Prime 1 is March 3rd here. The IE store is down lol. All europe stores are down it seems.

Gameboy and MP are live now.

That Disney Illusion Island game seemed very slow and spacious at times. Like Mickey running along a really long flat area.

Metroid at €40? Haven't checked yet.

I noticed none of these recent expansion passes like Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 3 or Splatoon 3 are included in the Switch Online Expansion Pack. Thought they might start including them when they added the Mario tracks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Metroid is 40 quid. Downloading now :)

That was a mixed bag of a show. Started nicely with Pikmin 4, then bored for the next half an hour, I literally looked at my watch when Metroid Prime Remastered was shown. At last, something of interest, it looks fantastic. That's a proper remaster, unlike the Beaten Kaitos games. But I bought Prime on Gamecube, bought it on Wii and Wii U. I don't generally replay a game once I've beaten it, though I've made exception for some Metroid games. The Gameboy/GBA is a nice addition for a new generation, again I've played a lot of those and while some are great, I've no desire to go back to them.

Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime(might buy it at some point if it's discounted and own perhaps my 8th copy of it) and TOTK. Have to watch that trailer again. Those were the standouts and my only real interests. There were so many re-releases in that Direct. It certainly plenty of content, but how much is original? Sure, Kirby, there's another culprit.

I think the thing that stopped everyone here in the house was the Tetris music 😁 Glad to be able to play Mario Land 2, Wario Land, Gargoyles Quest. Hopefully the emulation is good. ( Could play them elsewhere, but have switch online already )

Pity GBA requires expansion pass.

Prime Remaster looks sweet... Going to hold on for the physical I think.

Looks great. Odd they didn’t called it Metroid Prime “HD”. Digital Foundry dig into the resolution shortly I’m sure.

• Advertisement

Seeing the Game Boy games announced reminds of how many have been remade for Switch including Metroid 2, Link's Awakening and Kirby's Dreamland.

Advertisement