Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

On the way.

Going for instant coffee instead myself. With milk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can only drink instant if I make it with hot milk 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Years ago now a friend stayed in Ireland with me a while. She cannot exist without a dog or more, so ... when she got called back to Canada I was left with these two big young dogs. I had no experience with dogs! I would sit down and POW! Rehomed one and the the other quietened over the years. Long gone now.. But the day I sat in a chair and suddenly TWO puppies jumped me! Cat person here! Enjoy, smurfjed!

Off to bed; not feeling good at all... Just too much happening these last days. Chopper rides. in and out of hospitals.... still as unwell as I was then! Been crazy but so much loving kindness and caring. I have images in my heart forever. Of that caring. and seeing those youngsters going ahead to become the coastguards so vital out here. An honour to play a small part. Tomorrow I will emerge and look at the landing pad they made,... NB I came out here for a very quiet life!!!!! Ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Those puppy dog eyes 😍😍😍 Ah Smurf you know that doggy will win the war of who gets to sleep in the bed 😂😂🙌👍

Back to work in a bit. Just taking a break. No kit kat though.

Taking a sneaky break now 😉 No one saw me 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Working from home in the home office/study, a mountain of student assignments to mark for a Friday afternoon deadline...

Otherwise grand and looking forward to the Spring, the evenings are definitely getting a little bit brighter for a little bit longer. 😊👍

• Hope you feel better soon graces!

not feeling great myself but a lot to do before work tomorrow. Mrs Clementine Mushy Sun is also feeling a bit off today so I’m making veg curry to hopefully sort her out! (She’s Vegetarian).

Not sure what to eat myself I don’t really feel hungry tbh. I’m also exhausted 😅

oh god just remembered I need to wash my uniform!

• Advertisement

It's nearly the end of Wednesday work ...

Entering this mode ...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Longest day ever, just home and on couch, ate loads of rubbish today so not sure if I'm hungry or not...grub and drinks after work tomorrow, looking forward to it already, this week seems tough even though we had Monday off.

I ventured outside just now in the bitter cold and SOMETHING urged me to LOOK UP!

And such a magnficent starry sky! All so familiar and comforting since childhood, long long ago.. Just go outside and lift your eyes and heart to eternity!

• I’m in the same both (re: hungry or not).

i ate some steamed potatoes with a wee bit of butter. Don’t feel like anything else tbh but Mrs Clementine Mushy Sun isn’t impressed with the “meal” I had. Worrying too much again. Or maybe I’m not worrying enough..

gonna head to the bed soon and watch tv or something feel very tired today maybe because I have work tomorrow.

New staff and hate to say but they wreck my head. I feel a Gordon Ramsay coming if she keeps up tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just took mu first ever attempt at a cake of soda bread out of the oven 😋. Slightly over cooked despite not leaving it is as long as the recipe suggested but feels nice and light. Proof will be in the eating.

Missing Grumpy terribly. The grief has finally hit and I'm heartbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just home from another night slumming it in a VIP club. Pretty much every booth had their own security guards. We had 2. DJ wished a Sultan of Brunei a happy birthday. Almost walked out if the club at that but the whiskey and vodka was flowing so I stayed.

I think I am in an alternative universe these days.

Saying see ya later to KL tomorrow and off to Penang and Langkawi for the week before Singapore next week, then Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Am looking forward to returning to KL though, it's home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Oh and I did something wild today....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The real grief and sadness really kicks in when all the fuss surrounding the formality of the funeral is over. You are bound to be heartbroken and lonely. But that is a tribute to the way you cared for your father in his final years.

It is ok to acknowledge the sadness. You are also doing new things which will help you accustom to the new reality.

Do treat yourself to small indulgences too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I often find 4 day weeks worse than 5 day weeks....5 days work squished into 4.

Thankk you; yes a long slow road ahead for me. How did we ever manage before computer contact! It is a blessing...

Cat has just decided to join me on the bed so if I turn the light out and encourage him, maybe a furry purry warm critter will snuggle down with me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Sardi it's only all hitting you now, just roll with it, a good cry helps, you're bound to be missing him, ye were a great team. x

Calla, I'm on the last episode here of Season 2,having watched 4 and 1, I'm kinda falling for Harry, despite the fetish. ☺️ Not going to bother with season 3.

Witchie, I absolutely love the hair, definitely suits you.

Boobly hugs for you @Sardonicat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat, just wishing you well.

Be very gentle with yourself. Do something nice for yourself this weekend.

Hope everyone else is good.

I agree about squashing the 5 day week into 4 days. It's like playing catch up.

Today was the first day this year I drove to work in the bright.

And my daffodils are budding.

Bring on spring..

To thine own self be true

Sardi you were an amazing daughter to your father and you’re bound to be missing him and remember we are always here for you and ((hugs))

Witchie love your hair 😍😍

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A very simple, usual and ordinary day here. Got off the tech desk half an hour ago. The cold glass is in the fridge for the bainne. I have a personal sweet and sour chicken dish to go. Mrs G cooked for herself and Ms G. Watching No Escape with a straight Owen Wilson and a weird Pearce Brosnan. Cool movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Milk as a lone drink 🤮

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ah you might like season 3.

I found it weird and unsettling (not in a good way) but judge for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso on the balcony with Blue, we survived night two and I totally won the battle of the bed, actually he jumped up once, got kicked off and stayed in his bed for the night. It’s obvious that whoever had him trained him, I guess that they couldn’t deal with the boundless energy.

we even went for a bike ride to burn off some of that energy.

lol... My wee dog here was great! Almost no traffic so she would race off down the lane, ears flying ( bassett/jrt cross) then pause at the turn off to the shore, I having been left far far behind......, paw raised, asking permission to turn down there.... Oh and when we were crossing for the first time, the ferrymen ( farmers) were watching her every move) she ran across the gangplank as to the manner born.. They have a lovely merle collie... Working dog of course..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does anyone enjoy online training? I feel that its too easy to wander off and browse the internet rather than trying to understand COGNITIVE ABILITIES.

I much preferred dressing up and going to a proper training center where we met colleagues and friends. Now I have so many colleagues and I have no idea who they are.

Advertisement