Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

I recently seen a grown man with two of the apple stickers you get included with an iphone stuck to his back car window either side

I cringed so hard my face nearly folded in on itself

Second - D4 or D6 accent, aside from the fact most of the feckers are the continuation of a long lineage of tossers you are near guaranteed when you hear that voice on the other end of the phone you are dealing with someone who thinks they are the most important person to have ever graced planet earth. The top 4 customers that have made me question my existence have all lived within 3 minutes of each other in that miserable part of Dublin. Tosser land.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Qŵèrþÿ

Usually uttered or posted by women who are anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Qŵèrþÿ

Anyone who operates a drone.

Anyone who uses an escooter or a Fido bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

People who wear shorts in the winter time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

People who pump filler into their lips so that they can be used as safety floatation devices.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

people who you've only met or don't know very well abbreviating your name while taking to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Those who refer to "banter", and especially those who routinely use any abbreviation thereof.

Anyone with an American style fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Anyone with oat milk in their American style fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Saw the thread title, and than saw who posted it. Immediately thought 'question answered'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Nah I’d contend that’s nonsense tbh

I'm from neither but as a child I similarly had a chip on my shoulder about “D4s”. Went to college in UCD and was ready to hate the bastards but tbh most of the “D4s” I encountered were by and large polite, thoughtful, sound people.

You come to realise with experience that you can’t just tar hundreds of thousands of people with the same brush. It’s just stupid really and smacks of bitterness.

You're no better than your presumptive typical “D4” saying the exact same about a D7 or a D15 accent. Equally reductive and wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭screamer

People who vape in no smoking areas

anyone who uses the saying starter for 10 or the word awesome

and finally people who lilt upwards at the end of their sentences, like this one time, in band camp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

People with pronouns is their Twitter bio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

People who wear soccer shirts …. As casual wear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Oat milk in a normal fridge or American style fridge without oat milk is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People who are disrespectful to the elderly.

OOOoooh ...woman who says she is a feminist but spends a lot of time calling other women gold diggers or making snide comments or sexist comments.

I actually feel like the people most sexist towards women are other women. I don't even know what feminism is anymore.

So you resent another woman marrying 'better' than you or her life seemingly to the outside is easier than yours. Or you think she got her job because of her looks. Or you don't think she is smart because of her looks or you think she is nasty because of her looks. Well how is that feminist?

I made a comment about how i disagreed about a woman's opinion about a public male figure. Not nasty just that i felt differently ..she actually said .' Oh don't worry he is not going to marry you!' .... he was 71 !! ... I mean she has all this feminist stuff on her social media.

It's like literally deep down a lot of women truly believe all women are goldiggers who never work or never want to improve themselves or learn new things. And a lot of them spend more time victimizing themselves than spending time supporting other women!

Sorry ..I LOVE women i really do ...i don't mean to attack women (i know just did but its just a rant)

I dont know what feminism is now ..i think its used to attack more than help anyone.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

People who are bitter they chose security over the life they actually wanted and now just take it out on everyone else because paying a mortgage and pension off is not what their parents told them it would be . total dad energy.

goes double if they have kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People who tell you all about their pancake making skills - tossers the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol at the outrage about parents speaking Irish to their kids or using Irish names, heaven forbid they have some pride in the country of their birth.

All three of our kids go to a Gaelscoil and when out and about they mix English and Irish freely, whatever word comes first to their tiny brains!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

The most pitiable tossers are colonised people who submit to hating their own native culture and go out of their way to show how 'progressive' and 'modern' they are by denigrating it at ever turn.

They also tend to be badly educated and illiterate: Pól Ó Murchú is the correct spelling in the above case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Overly loud male Cockney accents.

May well just be my own prejudices but any time I hear one of these I assume the guy is a tosser until proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This smug tosser of a lecturer in my old college used to walk around with a big keyring dangling from his belt. There must have been about ten thousand keys on the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Lads walking around, who look like their carrying a single mattress under each arm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone who parks in parent and child space with no kids in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Also some women when they get promoted to a senior position or middle manager post, they go off and buy the loudest high heel shoes they can find. I call them "Power Heels". You can hear them coming from a mile away with the sound of their shoes going "clop clop clop cloppety clop cloppety clop" on the floor. It's like they're trying to make a statement.

Political activism. Both good and bad. The bad people are just utter muck humans and the good people are just utter bores who don’t see the damage overzealotry does to their cause.

Sh*tting on the Irish Language is also a “tosser” thing to me though. The whole “Make the language uncool so we can killl it once and for all”. Yeah c*nt off back to Windsor to bum f*ck Kate, English.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bonus tosser points if they do it while you're only doing 80 in an 80 zone...on a road that was last re-paved in the week before the IMF came to town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

People that skip the que in Aldi when the staff open another till. They charge like rhinos at the new till just so they gain another few seconds in their worthless, selfish lives.

also them dryrobe swimming fcukers in shops.

Advertisement