Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

That's Gazprom they wait till they lost best part of their army to invade again

Let"s hope the going will be hard as the ground on them SOB"s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

You're not getting away with that Muck Potatoes, trying to poo poo the idea that Putin is evil.

I'm calling you out on it, Putin is the very epitome of evil.

I say that on behalf of the beautiful teenage girls who now need to adjust to using prosthetics rather than spend a Saturday shopping for flattering clothes.

But, but, but, but, but

I urge you to ascend, your attitude is medieval and unimaginative.

At the very least, try counting.

Where did it go wrong for you?

When did your faux certainty begin to mask your confusion?

Whatabout intelligence?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Though I've read this claim before on pro Russian outlets Belsen and Buchenwald were not liberated by Soviet forces. I've even seen claims they liberated Dachau, which is so far west it's nearly in France.

And nope Bandera while a nationalist anti semitic prick, of which the times grew many, didn't send 100,000 to the gas chambers. He also spent time in German prisons and I hate to break it to you one of them was Sachsenhausen. So in your version of history the nazis threw him in gaol for war crimes?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Neither will peace come from negotiations Muck Potatoes.

Putin will be stopped by being stopped.

You need to recognise the current situation for what it is and stop trying to shoe-horn it into previous scenarios.

Stop being influenced by others who have a vested interest in moulding your perceptions.

If the vocabulary of your thoughts is comprised from another's palette, you are not thinking independently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

❗️ The German defense concern Rheinmetall is ready to build a plant for the production of the latest tanks in Ukraine, - the head of the company.

The concern is also negotiating with Kyiv on the possible supply of Panther tanks, the head added.

Oh lovely - potentially check mate Scholz, Switzerland.

• Advertisement

Excellent, very important to demonstrate to Russia that the vanishing point on the horizon ahead isn't just the result of perspective, they need to be closed off from their backward ambitions for ever more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MacGregor is a well known crank who shills pro Russia/putin spin with every breath and I'd take his predictions with large pinches of salt. He's basically the more acceptable(to Fox news) version of Ritter. Both hustlers in the media, but the colonel has steered a better career out of it. He was a regular on documentaries about the Gulf Wars and other US misadventures, but then went full MAGA coming up with the ususal conspiracy stuff of the type(Soros/elites/WEF/great replacement etc), or at least saw his market audience well.

Like Ritter and others he predicted Ukraine would last pissing time against the might of the Russian forces and would fall within days. Oops. Then he revised that script, again like Ritter and predicted a few weeks. Oops. Then again the script changed and Russia were holding back and being too soft, now they're both predicting Ukraine is going to be destroyed. Again. It's almost as if they're furnished with the same script. 🤔 I mean even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but those eejits couldn't even manage that so far.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

That could be something to do with the Russians having raped and murdered their way across the countries containing the camps, and it's not as if they set out to liberate those camps, the Russian front line just rolled up to and past them them

Yeah RT has dropped all pretense of news reporting and has gone full on Kremlin speak and spin. I see they're still wittering on about the sanctions that aren't hurting, we swear.

I actually used to watch it from time to time, their non spin Russian specific reports could be good and it's always good to see what the other is thinking. I regularly watch Al Jazeera and others for the same reason, though even mentioning them in the same breath as RT is a profound insult to Al Jazeera. They're an actual news station with real journalists and one I'd heartily recommend. In Europe I'd have a lot of time for Germany's DW and France's France24.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Quite a few days ago I posted an exhortation to Ukraine to extract the digit, on learning that although Netherlands had said they were open to the idea of supplying F-16s, no request for that had actually been made by Ukraine.

That said, I am sure there were good reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Something up with Romania?

All Eyes On Rafah

Many of these people aren't so much making a case for their arguments as they are pleading for explanation from others.

Very primitive stuff - "US got involved in Viet Nam and Iraq (the big ones) so Russia must be good"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

My internal WW2 geek still grins at the fact that the Germans are producing Panthers again. 😁

(Even if it's only in name...and the new version looks like it's made from plastic.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It looks like missiles were fired from Transnistra and flew over Moldova and Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Well allegedly the ships needn't be mine sweepers and were supposed to be US. And the Norwegian plane was transponder off but was tracked by some other means and documented. Allegedly.

You may not believe him and his story, and I would have to see proof myself tbh tho actually believe it, but I don't think the hole in this story is quite as big as you make it out to be.

I don't know anything and I didnt say I did. I just posted a link to an interesting story I thought was relevant in the context of this conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So far it's only a prototype,

It's several years down the line at least

It's no secret the US power structures are a bit divided in this. Pentagon and intelligence services aren't as keen on the whole thing as the neocons in State Department and White House. There are a few mostly retired or close to retirement military quite vocal on conservative channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Don't forget pushing the ludicrous Seth Rich conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"But people like you don't want it to stop."

You sound very confused. I mentioned quite reasonable terms that putin could take to make negotiations on ending the conflict possible, and you respond with a strange poem and lies about me. I have no interest in seeing thousands killed and millions made homeless and that is why I think putin's invasion of Ukraine is evil, just like people like you, who think he should be rewarded for what he has employed the russian military, mercenaries and armed prisoners to carry out in Ukraine. There is one person who can be blammed for everything destructive that is now going on in Ukraine and it is putin and no amount of pro-russian trollsky gibberish is going to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Hang on, didn't the blog post state it was a Norwegian mine sweeper used? Didn't it also state it was a Norwegian P8 plane that dropped the buoy on a routine flight... Routine flights wouldn't be turning off their transponders.

If it was tracked as he said, he fails to provide the evidence. It's pure tripe of a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"It's no secret the US power structures are a bit divided in this. Pentagon and intelligence services aren't as keen on the whole thing as the neocons in State Department and White House. There are a few mostly retired or close to retirement military quite vocal on conservative channels."

Which statements you are making have any truth behind them? On the one hand you are saying you know nothing and the following statement implies you have in depth knowledge on US power structures. Are you getting confused by your own gibberish and misinformation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

In defence of the NYT I subscribe to it and read it every day. There is no way it is 'pro-Russian'. I wouldn't buy it if it was.

They do use outside opinions quite a bit but that does not reflect editorial bias.

Panther Tanks??????? Great in WW2, wouldn't be so good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

You don't seem to be able to grasp that the state of Ukraine only wish to negotiate when Russian forces are expelled from all their internationally recognised territory. It is our moral duty to help support Ukraine in this objective as long as they require.

Things may change of course, the Russian invaders may continue to annihilate Ukrainian society and infrastructure - then Ukraine may be forced on it's knees begging to the negotiating table.

Most right thinking people believe though they should be supported in their primary aim. Both by supplying Ukraine, supporting them politically and also seeking to crush the Russian economy that facilitates their aggressive war machine.

There's a time for diplomacy and avoiding war and that should always be the first option. But there's also a time when war is inevitable, so that justice will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The man is no more a colonel than the Kentucky Fried Chicken guy.

There's a monument to this scumbag in Lviv. Needs bulldozing in all fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

More heavy pushes on Bahkmut and across the front, and reports they are growing increasingly heavy, looks like spring offensive fully underway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement