Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

I’ll add people to the list who show (usually jingoistic) pride in the count(r)y of their birth.

You aren’t a better person just because you were by chance born in Ireland.

Never mind those tossers who still talk about begin from Cork or Kerry after having lived in effing Tallaght for all three decades of their adult life.

Add to this those cnuts going on about “the community” being the nicest people to have ever graced the earth. And whatever fruppery just happened being not really representative of “the people”, whilst half the place is on fire or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Non disabled people who park in disabled spots “just for a minute”.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

"My pronouns are..."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Covid deniers.

The new facebook right wingers.

Pronoun goons.

White Women who have to be the champion for people of colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Anyone who identifies as a "Citizen Journalist" or "Auditor" just because they have a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭It is a Dunne Deal

Adults who like superhero movies. An Irish Rugby Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Those people who do that f**king annoying thing. You know what I'm talking about. Tossers.

Anyone who regularly argues with complete strangers on the internet, there are many better and more productive ways to spend your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

When discussing sports like rugby or soccer and someone starts going on about "the narrative" of the team or the game. It tells me you can't come up with your own opinions and you're listening to WAY too many sports podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭billyhead

Instagrammers. Actually people who follow that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Holier than thou" people who push their lifestyle choices and ideology on everyone else; esp mouthy vegans and pronoun lovers. In earlier times such types would have been watching the neighbours to see if they went to Mass every Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dislikable as the rest of them are, of that group Vogue is the only one with no discernable talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,587 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who spend €50000 on an ecar and then rave to somebody about why they should swith and all the money they'll save. Whilst that person is bearly affording a 10 Ford Focus!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Why?

He's a tosser.

You can tell by his man bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Oat milk is definitively in tosser territory, but oat milk in and American Style fridge scores bonus points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

People who skip the queue in Aldi while buying oat milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

• People who post on threads about random things that grind their gears…

Regarding the no socks thing what I find generally makes somebody a tosser is when they wear shorts and they wear white socks pulled up as far as they can go.

Extra marks if its a Winter day so they can show how tough they are in their shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Humria

Anyone who sends nasty comments or abuse messages to people they don't know on social media.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean people should be subjected to your obnoxious comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Men wearing shorts in winter, looks ridiculous imo. Guys obviously cold with a big warm coat and then shorts on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Adults in jerseys , (unless playing)

Man bags ,

Rude people ,

The fella who skipped me in the que in the garage last week & then when i said sorry pal there is a que asked me if i'd like to take it outside, I was with my 5 year-old daughter & other people with parents kids in the que, I'm also 100% convinced i would have whopped him if i did, He actually tried to mean mug me as he left, TOOOOOSSSSSSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't know if you get them back home but there are these runners that the girls over here (London/Essex) love. They're just chunky-ish plain white yokes that are some designer name on them - they honestly could pass for your standard adidas but likely 4 times the price (i'll try to dig up a picture. . .). Now I don't have any issue with that, some ladies tend to be into fashion and spend stupid money on stupid things* but I'm seeing more and more blokes wearing them of late. . . tossers

Edit: found them, not the easiest google search when you've no clue of the guys name - a best seller no less

*I'm definitely getting into trouble for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Teenage lads walking around with a pathetic excuse of a mullet haircut in this day and age.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

NI drivers act the bollocks as soon as they enter the republic. I meet them on the Donegal to Sligo road regularly. Speeding and aggressive driving seems to be the norm especially those in the big powerful cars. Where are the Guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Wearing sunglasses in the winter or worse indoors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,303 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Bonus points if they have that 70s mustache. There is a guy in my town like that, you can tell by the way he walks that he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. 🤮

Road rage is another one, people going mental with other motorists, over tiny mistakes or if they get held up for 2 seconds, just because they are annoyed with their $hit lives.

I saw one lately, both of us were trying to pass each other in a narrow place on the road, we both drive by slowly, then I looked at him and he was going crazy roaring and staring at me, I just laughed, like it was a 50/50 problem, why did he think I should stop just to let the king through? Tosser, a grown man as well, in his 50's. Then I saw him since trying to pull in, I was driving towards him with a car up close behind me, he was going crazy again, probably thought I should stop and let the very important person in.

Advertisement