Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Not particularly harsh:

"Overall, at least 30,000 inmates died in Sachsenhausen"

So, lovely place for a holiday?

Did you get that from Stormfront? Hey, is Don Black still running the show there? Was around when we got them off Usenet back in the day, little cowardly Nazi piglets that they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭MudSpud

If you think that the Russians are going to withdraw from Crimea and Donbas in order to enter negotiations then you are dreaming. That is a nonsensical notion. Don't take my word for it, just ask Col. Doug McGregor.

Consider for a moment that the Russians don't withdraw from these area, what then? Do you think Ukraine have the ability to drive them out militarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well they thought he'd work for them, but depending on how they viewed him he was put in different gaols. In the end he double crossed them too. One of the major strategic failures of the German nazis was they didn't know how to get allies on board. Their dogma got in the way. They had remarkably little resistance from Russian civilians when they first invaded the Soviet Union. That Union had a lot of pent up distrust and anger at Moscow and Stalin for many reasons, but the nazis saw "subhumans" and didn't take advantage of that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Early OSINT analysis already refuting Hersh's claims

• Advertisement

Were Russia represented at any previous commemmorations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭threeball

Space Xs timing of withdrawing satellite usage from the Ukrainians is very interesting in light of the latest Russian offensive. Between Musks utterances on twitter where he promotes Russian propaganda to this latest action from Space X there needs to be serious questions asked.

They will be withdrawing or they are all facing certain death at the hands of Ukrainans

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If we took MacGregor's word for things, Ukraine would have fallen in under a week, and then fallen at least three times last year and next week, or was that last week. The guy has found his niche as a talking head among the English speaking pro Russia and putin, "alternative news", conspiracy, Fox, hegemony, NWO/WEF and MAGA types, which Russian spin doctors like and encourage, pretty openly too. Look how often they namecheck a gobshíte like Tucker Carlson. Like I said he rattles out the identical script to Ritter, only minus the rage and gleeful calls for Ukraine to burn. Ritter's gone off the reservation and off the boil, even to many pro Russian westerners.

Though I do agree Crimea is a total fantasy pipedream for Ukraine and the Slava! folks. It would require the total collapse of Russia's forces across the theatre and within Crimea. Plus if there were a line where putin would order a tactical nuke to "escalate to deescalate" that would be the one. He can't afford nor would want to lose Donbas either, it's more a question of how much of it he can practically hold onto. The land bridge between them is possible, but again it will require something like a collapse of Russian forces and/or an even bigger slugging match and offensive that Ukraine can't prosecute, at least at the moment.

As noted many times in this thread, defenders hold more of the cards and Russia is dug in. Yes Russia has been making progress by the yard and losing men and kit with every yard, but Ukraine isn't pushing back into Russian held territory too far either. In Kherson the Russian's legged it(one of the few good tactical moves they've made IMHO) and in Kharkiv the Russian forces proved to be a ragtag disorganised bunch, collapsed and legged it with the Ukrainians barely keeping up with the Russian retreat.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

@Wibbs at what point do you think the Russians can hold Crimea indefinitely with one a single access point via the kirsch bridge,

Kirsch bridge falls Crimea can't be supplied or reenforceed,it would be a turkey shoot for most part,

This idea Crimea is some inprengable fortress is completely comical,one airfield and and a naval base,as it stands the Naval base is now hemmed in and Can't operate,long range weapons start hitting from Kherson or elsewhere in Ukraine it's going to end the same way as all of the other occupied territories,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Swiss embarrassing themselves (and damaging their arms industry) again:

Maybe be is. That doesn't really explain anything. If he came out and said Ukraine will crush Russia by May would you still call him n idiot?

There is so much wrong with these claims from Hersh that its almost laughable

Norway havent got any P8 planes either,they bought from the US,but pilots are still in training until spring atleast before they can fly them.

The Alta class minesweepers was never in the baltics,it was the oksoy type minesweepers and they where not close to the pipelines.

He is known for his conspiracy theories from before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Yeah this is something I heavily disagree with also. As soon as the landbridge is cut. And I imagine it will be at some point in the coming counteroffensives. How can Russians feasibly stay there? As soon as the GLSDBs or later the HIMARS/storm shadows start eating into the Kersch bridge. Ukraine don't need to roll across Crimea by force.

It doesn't matter how well the russians are dug in if they can't transport a loaf of bread to the peninsula without the UAF turning it into burned toast before it arrives. It becomes an unsustainable Cul de Sac.

Again we come back to the Nuclear argument though. I understand Crimea is a much more ethnically Russian leaning location, indeed i know two people in real life from Crimea. One just wants no war and the other wants Crimea to be part of Russia.

But as much as Putin believes Crimea is Russia. Crimea is Russian in the same way that Donbas and Kherson is Russian -> they're not.

Allowing Putin to keep Crimea for fear of The Nukes is a much more dangerous red line to cross. One that we already know the result of, well, because here we are facing the consequences of it. I subscribe to the Ben Hodges line of thinking on this. Ukraine will never be safe or allowed to recover economically as long as Russia sits in Sevastapol denying Ukraine free access to the Black Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭eire4

Good. I hope we are one of the 35 countries and if not we should add our support to this move as well.

If you want this war to stop then why aren't you in favour of calling a ceasefire and entering peace negotiations? This war is being fought on Ukrainian soil. Only UKRAINIAN civilians are dying, not Russian civilians. What are the alternatives? Keep fighting and dying? Before this war started Ukraine had a population of 32 million. 10 million have left the country. The place has been hollowed out. People say "there can be no peace or even negotiations until Russia surrender, withdraw from all territory and then pay for everything they destroyed". What kind of cloud cuckoo land talk is that? Can Ukraine win? What's your definition of "winning"? I very much doubt it. I'm sorry if stating the obvious amounts to treason.

He graduated from West Point and had a nearly 30 year career in the army.

Even the purported leak of the real results of the sham Russian referendum in Crimea showed there was only a turnout of 30% and only half voted for Russian control.

He's been sucking diesel fumes for too long he's not the only one by the looks of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've been to Sachsenhausen. It's a horrendous place and conditions were brutal there - there were many executions and hangings in the camp.

He's such a mixture of blunt truth and then absurd propaganda, like he remembers to throw it in at the last minute. The Kremlin must hate whenever the guy opens his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The mucky fella is back. @MudSpud I proved you wrong about not being able to access rt.com and you are now silent on it after making such a big deal. Did you figure out which of your folks blocked you from descending further down the Russian propaganda rabbit hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anyone know anything of the Crimean settlers that Putin was calling for after 2014?

E.g the south African boer farmers, etc.

My own opinion Crimea will fall back to Ukraine. With the millions of personnel of the Ukrainian army and an area just the size of Munster with the geography of just one bridge joining to Russia and ships able to be hit and as is Crimea is available to be hit by Ukrainian weapons and the fresh water supply coming from the North. Ukraine knows it needs Crimea if Agriculture, industry has any chance of flourishing and being exported on the high seas.

Russia never needed it, it already had ample ports and access in the Black sea. But it knew if it was to cripple Ukraine, Crimea was there to be taken.

I'm not saying it's some impregnable fortress or anything like it, but - and whether we like it or not - to putin, his government and Russians it is Russia(which also means by their own nuclear doctrine a direct attack on Russia). Far more than Donbas and it would be a huge line in the sand. One I suspect the US and therefore NATO won't want to cross. For a start Turkey would express a large WTF. Rockets and artillery can only do so much, as Russians have learned. They've fired a lot of both, IIRC the most since WW2 in a specific theatre and look how stalled their progress has been. In the end it will be one bunch of poor bastards on the ground killing the other bunch to actually take the ground, as it's always been.

The coming counteroffensives by Ukraine? Well I do live in hope on that score, but at the moment it's a lot of hope. This is not the first months of this war when Russia were laughably shambolic strategically and tactically and logistically all over the place. Yes they've lost 50% of what they initially took, but they have held the other 50%, even moving slightly forward in some areas and they still outgun Ukraine in a few key areas. Yes the fronts haven't moved much, but that goes both ways. Yes they don't have air superiority, but neither do Ukraine, but both can make a bloody good fist at air mission deniability for the other. Yes Ukraine will get some MTB's eventually, but in small numbers, they certainly won't be a "wonderweapon". Remember we're not Russians, so we shouldn't ape their thinking. They're going to be a right pain in the arse logistically too. Platforms like these fabled F-16's would be way worse on a few fronts. For me anyway the Bradleys and similar will be a bigger gamechanger. More HIMARS too. However, unless there's another collapse like seen in Kharkiv IMHO a Ukrainian counteroffensive is at this moment as much pie in the sky as pro Russians believing they're going to roll on across to the banks of the Dneiper and take the entire south coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But Mudspud said it wasn't too bad. @Mudspud how did you come to that observation? I mean, you're not a Nazi are you, @Mudspud? Or, I guess, technically speaking, a modern NeoNazi since the real Nazis are pushing up the dandelions by now (well, except for the occasional extremely elderly ones that get ferreted out).

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Darth Putin nails it again.

"None of my tankies/trolls have said that by violating Moldovan airspace Russia has 'escalated the war'. Strange."

Where are all our self proclaimed neutral commentators now? Violation of a neutral countrys airspace and they goto ground.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/1624088693290983428

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Crimea returning to Ukraine is non negotiable.

The orcs can either provide it via another goodwill gesture, or they will be destroyed once Ukraine hits the Kerch bridge again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement