Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Btw, the ones that suffered heavy losses in the Vuhledar attack, they were the supposedly elite troops that are meant to be used as shock troops. Didn't work out very well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭MudSpud

Bansera wasn't lumped in with the general population. He was given a warm cell and 3 square meals a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

It's quietened down the same way an alcoholic says he's reformed because he's down to 2 litres of vodka a day instead of 3 litres.

The orcs are hemorrhaging badly, every day. putler doesn't care, he will bleed his country to the last orc.

Is your prediction then that the Russians will be forced to withdraw from all Ukrainian territory, including Crimea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

putin has made it clear he has no intention of volunteering to give up the territory that he has sent russian troops to steal from Ukraine, killing thousands of people in the process. While I am against war, I can't see there being any positive outcome to rewarding putin for killing thousands of innocent people and making millions of people homeless. It seems to me that both sides of the conflict are so far apart in what they consider a reasonable outcome that negotiations at this stage would be very unlikely to reach an agreement.

It is not just Ukrainian civilians who are being killed currently but according to some sources hundreds of russian troops every day. Is there a chance all of this loss of life in the russian armed forces is going to make them less likely to attack their neighbouring countries in future? Will Ukraine in years to come be more secure because putin will have done such a great job in hollowing out the armed forces of russia? Some sources claim there have been more than 130,000 soldiers fighting on the russian side killed since February last year and how many more have been permanently disabled by putin's quest to kill Ukrainians and steal their land?

With some of the sources you have confessed to believing in I think cloud cuckoo land is proabably too sensible for you and all I can say is to me it seems perfectly correct that putin should withdraw from the territory russia has invaded and compensate for the destruction he has caused. I think Ukraine can defeat the russian forces sent in to destroy their country. They have now a few hundred thousand well armed soldiers determined to protect their home and family from an invader who has proved to be willing to murder anyone they wish in the territory they have already occupied. I'm not sure it can be called winning with the level of destruction and killing the russian troops have brought with them but loosing from the Ukrainian perspective would very likely see them face even more genocide at the hands of the russians so there is going to be no lack of motivation from them to fight back. I don't understand your comment about treason but guess it is probably just a symptom of the general confusion you have repeatedly demonstrated about facts and reality due to consumption of large volumes of russian misinformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Absolutely they leave or they die ,

And die they Will

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Thomas Bach, President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), has reacted quite harshly to Ukraine's intentions to boycott the 2024 Olympic Games in France. He even hinted at the possible punishment for Ukrainian athletes.

Probably in response to that outrageous threat from the tone deaf filth who head the IOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

on Russian TV: Russia has been at war with USA for 80 years, and Satanovsky takes the war to outer space (while everyone else wonders what the f* he is on about).

But remember, it's important to hear both sides of the conflict! 🙂

• Advertisement

Crimea, the impregnable beach resort and retirement village.

I don't know what country you are in but in Ireland or the Netherlands rt.com is not accessible unless you use vpns/spoofing. I just tried. So whatever little trick you used isn't fooling anyone.

RT, Sputnik Content Officially Banned Across European Union - Bloomberg

So Russia will be driven out of all of Ukraine. Is that your prediction? And do you have a timeframe for this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Ive been to Sachsenhausen. It was a concentration/death camp. They had a special area for routine executions, and it is where the inital experiments on using poison gas for mass execution took place (using vans).

It was also used by the soviets after the war as a brutal penal servitude prison.

Im amazed that you would try to downplay the significance of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

@macraignil

Putin has made it clear he has no intention of volunteering to give up the territory that he has sent russian troops to steal from Ukraine, killing thousands of people in the process. While I am against war, I can't see there being any positive outcome to rewarding putin for killing thousands of innocent people and making millions of people homeless. It seems to me that both sides of the conflict are so far apart in what they consider a reasonable outcome that negotiations at this stage would be very unlikely to reach an agreement.

That is pretty much the nature of war and the old statement that war is politics by other means. You get two sides who have widely differing aims over a particular issue and they cannot come to a diplomatic settlement. Sooner or later a shoving match will occur such that one side eventually realises that they haven't the resources to pursue their objectives in such a way and become more amenable to some kind of negotiated settlement (which may be very long or very short, depending on how the shoving goes).

Russia and Ukraine are very far apart on what they appear to consider an acceptable outcome and both continue to (at least publicly) believe that physical force will be successful in achieving their stated objectives. Hence, the war continues.

Some fringe political figures continue to argue that by supplying military aid to Ukraine, the war is being artificially prolonged. This continues to ignore, however, the humanitarian situation that would develop were Russia allowed to simply overrun the country, being that the attitude from the Kremlin appears to be that Ukraine and Ukrainians can only be allowed to exist if they remain in vassalage to Russia. Attempts to challenge this, will be met with military intervention by Russia, as we have seen.

Russia will continue to exist without Ukraine under its umbrella. Ukraine will not continue to exist without Russia as a friend (in the scenario where 'nature takes its course' as promoted by Wallace and Daly). Not hard to see who has more at stake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Actually that's not nonsense. He was indeed kept apart from the main population in a building reserved for high profile prisoners the nazis might have a later use for. Collaboration, political leverage, even ransom. Same when he was in gaol in Krakow. This was common enough in nazi Germany and occupied states. Even Bergen-Belsen had different sections for different "kinds" of prisoners: A Jewish exchange section for high profile Jews who could be swapped for Germans in other territories of for cold hard cash, another section for prisoners from neutral nations. These two sections were treated better and kept more healthy than the main population, at least at first before they started to jam in more and more prisoners.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Explosions seen and heard close to an airport used by Russian in Melitopol and to think some people don't think the Ukrainans are going to go on counter offensive anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

"is historically" is quite the oxymoron

Crimea (is historically) part of Russia = Crimea (WAS) part of Russia

It's almost as if you were trying to avoid the past tense so used the "historic present" tense instead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

The argument might be that Russia has a claim on Crimea because of the number of ethnic Russians living there. For the sake of argument, if we take the claim that this is a majority of people, it would open up Russia to the troublesome question of independence for a number of its own republics, given that Russia is a large patchwork of conquered minorities, at least some of whom have had their own independence struggles in the past. You won't hear much from how Russia suppressed the Chechens from the usual suspects, even as they list Ukrainian suppression of ethnic Russians as a reason for Russia's military incursion on Ukraine.

Soon , maybe not today, maybe tomorrow but definitely soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Historically part of Ukraine just six years ago (and still today.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m most definitely in Ireland with no VPN. Maybe it’s blocked in Russia for you. It’s just more bs poor me distraction from your support of child rapists.

Here’s another screenshot in case you are missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

So you're finally coming around to recognising the truth - that both the Donbas and Crimea are Ukrainian territory. Slow learner but progress is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes they will, no matter how long it takes, Its literally a life or death struggle for Ukrainians. Russia's 10 years in Afghanistan was complete hell for them, Ukraine will be 100 times worse. I know several Russians who served in Afghanistan, and even several years afterwards, they shudder at the thoughts of it, and that was not to mention the financial cost, which drove Russia to the brink of economic meltdown.

Really...

Ireland was historically part of the Uk, quite recently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why does their historical annexation of Crimea from the Ottoman Empire outweigh their historical voluntary ceeding of the territory to Ukraine in the 50s? Because historically it has also been part of Ukraine, and that history is more recent and more compelling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Ooo, ooo!

If we’re gonna play that game;

Most of Russia is historically part of the Mongol Horde. So, it should just be given to Mongolia. It’s only fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement