Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Thanks - hopefully I’m wrong and it will at least be a bit of fun! Wrecked after work and don’t have the energy for conversation if it’s not flowing and the language barrier is too much :)

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Ask him to open the boot of the car, duct tape, rope, plastic bags, gloves...pfft amateur. Let's get a drink and I'll educate you.

Nothing there...not even one pair of hand cuffs...let's get a drink and I'll educate you.

Win win situation! You know it makes sense.

Edit: might be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

What's the average wait time for a response after you've sent the first message?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭pgj2015

"I'm brutally honest"

That is what a woman just wrote on her profile, nothing else just them 3 words.

To me that screams im a Bitch and life wont be fun hanging out with me.

• Advertisement

2387 seconds.

People are different. Take it easy.

If its not going to happen, meh.

Matched three recently and none have responded. Meh is right

Take it easy. What happens happens.

So feckin what?

Yeah so last nights date is defo a non runner!

Better looking than his photos (though older, lied about the age by about a decade I reckon) and very well dressed. But much too intense - making plans for us to do stuff in the future and we had only been chatting less than an hour! Wanting me to promise. Talking about coming off the apps.

Kept subtly talking about how rich he was, I find it so off putting when people do that - I’m sure it works on plenty of women and that’s why it’s done, but it’s not for me.

He was surprised to hear I like normal pubs - just because he has been on some other dates and then they wanted ‘fancy places’. I really hate when men make assumptions based on a few other women they have met, we are all different! 

He had some nice qualities - very fond of his children and appears to have raised them well, seems to care about people in general. But I can’t see past the other stuff.

I thought it was weird that he drove to the date despite booking two drinking venues - he had two drinks at the start but no more. I ended up having 5 in total - 3 at the first and two in the second. Spread very many hours as both were booked far apart.

I’ll have to message him now to let him down. I’m sure there’s a match for him out there, he’s not a bad person just too full on and not very clued in when it comes to dating. I wish him well, he seems lonely having only lives here for around a year and not knowing many people.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Ah crap. The intense stuff at the start is off putting. Early should be light and breezy (pun intended). Fun and a laugh.

The way you describe him, he doesn't sound like a bad sort. If not for you, just not for you.

Also, did you look in the boot?

Exactly, and it’s so awkward like you are sitting there not sure how to respond and not wanting to be rude.

Definitely not for me and exactly not a bad guy, just miss matched. I’ve just wished him well, hopefully he will take it okay.

And haha on the boot though I’m not quite sure I got that joke properly! :)

I’ll put some effort into the swiping etc this weekend and see what comes of it. Takes hours and hours but has to be done!

Watching a lot of serial killer stuff of late.

Had a few dates like that. One sticks out in my mind. First time meeting and was asked if I was still on the app. Yes, I'm dating. She went on a rant about being committed to one person at a time. At that stage I was getting bored of meeting random people, so didn't hold back. Weird one.

Yep. It’s always the crazy ones who want to sweep in and commit to being bloody as good as married before the first date is even warm in the oven!

I found it amusing that she had two dates lined up later that week. But that was before she met me.

I guess she must have known a good thing when she saw it haha!

I have a feeling it was said on every date.

She was very needy.

There’s nothing more off putting! The clingy ones are either manipulative or desperate and sometimes both. Sometimes they find each other and end up in the most awful codependent toxic relationships, scary stuff :)

I’d rather be single and keep looking than be with somebody just so I’m not alone but some peoples need for a relationship takes over and they will latch on to anyone who will have them - the guts of the relationship issues thread really!

Agreed.

She also gave out about men not complementing her enough on dates. At that stage I tuned out and said something like "oh, that's awful ". Never drank so much in 90 minutes.

She wasn't all bad. Just different people. I'd be more laid back and just want to get to know the person.

• Advertisement

Lol she would love the Italian so!!! I find too many compliments too try hard and fake. But I guess women like her are looking for them. Just goes to show there’s no ‘game’ that men need to play, because women are all different. Just be yourself and if somebody is for you then you’ll click and she will appreciate whatever.

Anyway I won’t make such an obvious mistake as last night again - that was just down to me being pissed off the way the other thing had ended and agreeing to meet when I normally wouldn’t before establishing a few things in common. Usually even if the guy isn’t for me romantically I at least have a good chat and a nice time. Apart from him I’ve ended up dating all my relatively recent first daters for more than the one date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

More than often the clingy ones are deeply insecure and damaged and incredibly accepting to modify their behaviour to appease, just to be liked. In short: they are their worst enemies and practically serve themselves up on a platter and ignore all red flags. I like them.

Sorry to hear about your date. I never get why people would lie about such obvious things (10 year age difference etc) but I guess it’s the same nonsense as people using really old pictures of themselves.

I know this - but I the difference between me and you is I have no interest in such people whatsoever :)

Thanks - I had a gut feeling he wasn’t going to be for me so it’s no problem. He used old photos - doesn’t happen often with men tbh. I think people think they are going to be so charming in person that their date won’t care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It will work on some. As mentioned before some people will have certain expectations just based on nationality and they might have been flattered by the stereotypical pushiness. I like your posts because you aren’t stupid and don’t fall for this sort of stuff.

Compliments are great once you're going out. I think they're heart felt. Honest.

Of course women are all different. I've met males who are needy. I was always attracted to very independent women and who were perceived "different" to rubbish stereotypes.

I like my own space. Can't do clingy. Don't get me wrong, I love a cuddle.

My best mate is a woman. We go occasionally 1:1. Not an eyebrow raised. Trust is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The exclusivity thing is an interesting one, personally I don't like dating multiple people at once partly because I'm scared I'll get confused and put my foot in it. But I've never brought it up with someone. It would make me very uncomfortable if someone mentioned to me about other dates go, I'm not going to be asking them to be exclusive early on but at least give me my ignorance 😅

Never mind dating multiple people I get confused just chatting to multiple people. If I'm really interested in one I'll give them my full undivided attention. What I really hate is when they are chatting to others and I get their replies. Things just get awkward then and I'll deliberately make them sweat over it lol

Feel the same about job interviews.

Had 3 in one day and got the companies mixed up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

I deleted some posts discussing another user, can we get back on topic please.

• Advertisement

Advertisement