Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations 2023 - Ireland v France Match Thread, Sat 11th Feb, KO 2:15PM - TV: RTÉ2, ITV, France2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Gary Ringrose - unreal player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Doris is the best player in the world ATM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

unbelievable, great try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Doris wrapping up MOTM there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

Byrne having his best game in green. That crossfield was great, and was firing players up around him. Feels like that try came from a buildup of that extra energy from him and Casey and intensity from players off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭Shehal

Can we also acknowledge just how good R.Byrne has been? Hasnt missed a beat since Sexton went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,430 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm so happy France slipped three or four tackles there, it was beautiful.

Ringrose the baby faced assassin

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Grand slam in the bag 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

France can't keep up the intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Relax. Three games to go. Favoured, yes. But anything can happen. England and Scotland both tough games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

England are completely rubbish. Scotland are Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Bad news for you Sexton gone after World Cup so these are our kickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,512 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That should be it. Waste a minute of two with pen and line out now

It’s not as easy as just saying a team are rubbish. On the day so much can make a difference between winning and losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Tons more arms than in the tackle on Lowe

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Geeta

Hugo Keenan my MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭CptMonkey

What a game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

Seriously impressive performance against a France side that would have beaten anyone else in the world today. Especially early substitutions and some key players missing.

Very, very satisfying win, and a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭waynescales1

France were gassed after 60 minutes, great depth in the Ireland squad. Ireland much fitter than France.

• Advertisement

Wonderful performance 1-23.

Great couple of hours of rugby.

Great game. Ireland’s discipline and intensity the difference. Never allowed France in!!

He truly is.

And his conditioning is mind boggling for a human. Beyond all superlatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Joma4good

I think that’s the Best 80 min performance I’ve ever seen from Ireland, high quality game from both teams.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

First time Andy Farrell has beaten France. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

Doris was unbelievable particularly in the last 3rd of the game. Ireland look in great shape for the rest of the year. Squad is brimming with ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well that was really enjoyable.

Can’t wait to see what TRC10 finds to complain about.

seagulls will be quiet today.

Porter 0 penalties today?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Best game of Rugby I've seen in absolute years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Superb game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭OldRio

Utterly breathtaking. Two marvellous sides. Rugby the biggest winner.

I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I said a few days ago Ireland would win comfortably....

So did awec I believe....

Ireland were not troubled at all in the 2nd half....made France look very ordinary without key players...

Farrell has built great depth...huge credit must go to him...

I can now actually imagine Ireland navigating 7 games in a WC to go and win it......

Id start Ross Byrne and craig casey vs Italy....reward them.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

It wasn't in many aspects, if we're honest, but the structure and the mutual trust and the fitness just eclipsed France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,951 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Great contest.

really well played by ireland. A very intelligent and savvy performance as well as a skillful one….

France were out on their feet by around 72 minutes, dead.…. Ireland even at the end looked like they could run through walls and certainly score more.

Barnes and co. with a consistently & monumentally incompetent performance by any standard. Ireland were up against 16.

• multiple clear forward passes ignored, not flat or borderline, forward ! Many smack bang in front of officials.
    • a stonewall red card only given a yellow, Barnes dominated the conversation or lecture, to his touch judge, he never considered a red, didn’t want to give a red despite overwhelming evidence that it was. His verbal justification for yellow was not in keeping to what he watched on the screen. Absolute fairytales he was spinning to justify the yellow.. The look he got back was hilarious.. almost to say..’ you have no clue Wayne ‘

Two away games on the bounce now. Need to be on form. Scotland game does make me nervous

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

In the context of what was happening and who the opposition was, it very much could be considered that.

Barnes let mayhem reign in the rucks. They should have been down to 14 men, instead their biggest player got a 10 min break and went on to do another 20 mins. We went toe to toe with them physically and came out on top. We were without 4 certain starters. They're main play was off broken field position and they never looked like creating anything. We outscored then four tries to one.

As games and performances go it's very hard to top that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭randomname2005

There was a penalty give in the first half, couldn't hear what it was for but looked like neck roll from porter. Yes I was looking out for porter in the breakdown after the discussion this week

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Blackheath

Ringrose knocked over 3 French players like skittles when he was scoring his try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Madeoface

Merrion Hotel....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

We're ranked 1 we just demolished the number 2 and you're worried about Scotland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭ersatz

Incredible to reduce France’s options to a few moments of outstanding individual skill from a few of their players. Ireland never looked like losing or losing their composure. Farrell will have a long list of areas to improve though. Huge number of missed tackles, some kicks that were too long and a few silly penalties. That said Barnes didn’t do us a lot of favours around the breakdown, he was quick to whistle Ireland but seemed to let a few similar French offended slide.

murray was fine though I don’t see him starting again.

• Advertisement

Why do folks get so caught up in a ranking? It’s a number. On any given day the top teams on form can beat each other. I think we can beat Scotland, but I think it will be a tough one where we need to be in the zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Madeoface

What a game....Barnes... Jesus wept, mayhem.

Dorris must be the best 8 on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Some fans will be like: "Murray nearly cost us the game"

Some fans will be like: "Look how much better we were with Casey"

I'm over here like: "How well did Bealham anchor that scrum?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Jizique

What is it about rugby fans, even when their team wins well they still whinge about the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Joma4good

1v2, two totally committed teams with an aim to still play for, full 23 man performance, bp win denying our biggest rival a losing bonus point, I can’t think of many better Ireland performances, would be happy to be corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Understandably, Murray didn't have his best game today. And I say this as someone who thinks he is still the better option at 9 for Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,951 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s a match thread, people are entitled to express a view on the match. From refereeing, player / team performances. Which I’ve done.

Indeed the post you quoted shows I’ve mentioned various other aspects of the match…one being Barnes, like various other posters, the same :)

what’s your issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Think Savea is still the best but Doris is hot on his heels. Aldritt was anonymous today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If someone had told me Ireland would get a bonus point win over France . I would have asked what are they smoking .

Great performance, great win

Anyone would be a fool not to worry about any other Top 6 team, especially in their yard.

We'll be in great shape to beat them well, but complacency is suicide. Gregor Townsend only does clever and efficient teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement