Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dec1612

Hi all just wondering if anyone has been called from mayo panel since Christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollandra

Hi, Just wondering how long after interview do you have to wait to hear back if you were successful or not?

I applied for other competitions and have an interview before my HEO interview. Obv really want the HEO roll but would like to know if I was successful pretty quick afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dammo1234

Presentation: Do slides, they help you as you can refer to them. Also I issued the PowerPoint with the 3 slides as requested but when it came to presenting I edited my version and duplicated the slides so I didn't have to go back and just clicked forward. This helped the flow.

Practice: You have 10 mins to present, I practised, timed myself and took 7 mins. Was advised I was undertime by the board and did I want to add anything and I said "no, I've practiced and I'm happy I've covered everything".. Honesty

Interview: They explained that each competency would be covered at the beginning. I would say have a few strong work examples ready. They went though my application form in detail. Pre-read what you submitted. They also advised me I could use the examples in my application form. I said "thank you but I've a more recent example I'd like to outline"

Listening skills: I feel they want you to take the lead in the interview, be a leader essentially. They constantly said time was running out, time constraints etc, but in my opinion it was not to put you off but to see how you would react. At the end they asked "any questions" so I reiterated what they had said - and due to time constraints I'd only ask one! I'm nearly sure I saw them smile 😂 good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jammy2020

The problem is these interviews are tough and as a general rule people don’t come out feeling like they’ve done well. If you want to read how people sailed through without a hitch you’re in the wrong thread. Not trying to be bad here but you’d be better prepared if you read and prepare for this rather than a thread telling you how wonderful their interviewers were. It’s a highly competitive interview and being nervous is part of the process but walking in thinking it’s going to be anything else will not do you any favours. If you’re honestly looking for guidance be prepared for anything and do your best to keep your composure. The questioning can feel relentless answer as best you can. If they’re pushing back on a particular question listen to what they’re asking, they may be looking for a particular answer. And your head will be spinning when you finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 super1290

Results are in for me from

last week and while I did really well in the interview ( and I felt the interview was so tough ) , I failed the presentation 😡. So no order of merit for me. Good luck to others 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

I failed the interview in 2 areas, i sort of thought the scores would combine over presentation and interview but here we are. Disappointing and over a year to get to this point, and I passed all other areas well.

Frustrating isn’t it . I don’t know what I can do to get the presentation right. Iv failed on the presentation two times now. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sorigional

Likewise, I failed too. No surprise at all. I went down on one area in the presentation and one in the interview, scored well on the others.

Here’s to next time for a few of us so. Sure it’s all a learning curve I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

Has anyone had results for Cork yet? I passed the interview/presentation already (I had Kerry ticked as a location as well as Cork) so am waiting for a Cork oom to be formed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Interruptions aside etc. roughly how many questions do they ask you per competency?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Just some food for thought, I was successful in this competition but I missed out on 1 interdepartmental and 1 internal previously. 3rd times a charm in my case. I know it doesnt help with the disappointment now but when the next opportunity comes round, you will find it easier.

I recommend having either a notebook or word document that you can note examples that fit the competencies as you go. I guarantee you are doing things in your role that will work for future examples. It is much easier to prepare for an interview when you have examples and scenarios ready as you forget your fantasticness as time goes by.

If your role is lacking in particular areas, ask your manager for random tasks that might help fill the gaps in your experience.

I'm gutted for those of you not getting the result this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sorigional

This is really helpful advice, delighted you got through in the end. Well done and best of luck in your future roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

I'd say they were only called for interview last week/week before, so I imagine at least another 2/3 weeks before a panel is formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 max97

Same as, any help or steer would be grateful 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 8 max97

Interested in a steer if the offer is still open please 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JohnnyD17

I did mine last Thursday and got the results the following Wednesday, so about a week I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone know when the next HEO competition will be on? I really need to get it the next time as I did v well in interview the last time but failed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

Hello all, I am in the process of putting my project together for interview next week. I am nearly up to three full word pages just asking are we supposed to know all this off by heart or are we allowed read from the pages ?

I presented a power point that summarised the report and I had a script that I read from so as not to go over time. My script was different to the report but it summarised the content.

• Advertisement

Give PAS a call. I find I get more info from a phone call rather than an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Augme

Best guesstimate is probably Q4 this year, but these things are always full of caveats.

I can give you feedback on your own ideas, sure.

Sorry for delay in response btw, you are probably out the other side now

Post edited by Skweefie on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Louise Dav

Thanks for that… like that I know the content really well but just can’t get the three pages off by memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Maryirish1

Hi guys,

Anyone hear anything about the Clare/Limerick interviews, I contacted them several times and just getting, when positions open up you will be contacted etc.

of those who didn't do this interview yet or those who were unsuccessful, did anyone of ye apply for the Revenue Internal Competition for promotion to HEO (nationwide 2022). I got an email Thursday to say invited to online tests, which opened up last Friday until this Thursday.

they said the whole thing would take 25 minutes to complete, that is practice questions and actual tests.

Verbal reasoning 6 minutes and Numerical Reasoning 6 minutes, didn't say how many questions we will get, like for this competition?

I'm just wondering will the half the amount of questions we'll get to 18 and 20s - don't think we'll be getting the same tests that have been coming up for the last few years, Evergreen company that is. They gave videos with advice but useless as usual.

Waiting since August now for this competition, sick of it.

Any information/views would be appreciated

Thanks for all your insights to date.

😭

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

You will probably want to write out a presentation based on your report rather than learning off and reciting your report. You can throw in extra stuff if you want to support the report. Your presentation can be as many pages as you want as long as its under 10 mins. I had a script written out and learned it as best I could and then summarised it into bullet points onto cards that I had in front of me during the interview. If you know the content really well then bullet points and the slides should be enough to get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

I have my interview and presentation this week and I was going to read my report while displaying my slides. I hope that will be okay 🤷‍♀️ Good luck to everyone doing interviews over the next 2 weeks....🤪 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Firstly, I haven't done the interview, but I have done other presentations. I would write a more listening friendly script than just reading out the report. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kittyc2018

I applied for the internal Revenue HEO and completed the tests this morning. 18 questions for numerical and 18 questions for verbal reasoning. 6 mins for each. Didnt find them too bad similar to the internal EO tests from last year. Just glad its done and hopefully I got enough correct to move to the next stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Maryirish1

Hi KittyC,

I'm hoping to do it tomorrow. I'm just going over the video they enclosed, same 6 tabs as for this competition. Hoping they will come up. A lot of information to absorb in 12 minutes, was bad enough with 24 minutes.

Hope you did well in it and thanks for replying to my email.

Advertisement