Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Yes its called “the bank statement” in my house. Its always noted, and when time comes, everything gets debited at the same time…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Like a concurrent sentence, get it all done with in one go, in our house it’s the Rap Sheet and there’s no statute of limitations

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Akula

One clarification. Can the MY SR with the LFP battery charge at 250? I saw in a post that it was only 170 which would be a pity. I’ll be doing some cork to Dublin drives and I wouldn’t mind the shorter range of charging was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

170 is fast, just not as fast.

I'll be doing the same journey as you and ABRP is saying I'd likely need 7 mins charge at Ballacolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

"Only" 170kW, which is still way faster than most EVs on the road and is more than what the V2 Superchargers can deliver. The most I've gotten out of my LFP 3 was 172kW, I plugged in at Sandyford with 4% and plenty of time to precondition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Hi Folks,

Pulled the trigger this morning after talking with Tesla, going for a MY SR black, no extras. I am pinning my hopes on a cancellation or inventory car for delivery end March, when the boat gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It is getting very unlikely I will be buying either of my Tesla Model Y RWD: blue ordered in October 2022 at 9AM and black ordered in January 2023

The first one certainly will be in the first delivery, I was probably one of the very first to order it. The second one was also ordered very early in the morning of the price drop, so those cars will likely also be in the first delivery

Rather than taking your chances and hoping you will get lucky with a cancellation, you could do a deal with me if you make it worth my time. But don't worry, I'm cheap 😂

You will be the second owner of the car of course. But the whole "first owner" thing people boast about in ads, was always a bit of a con to me anyway. What does it matter. Houses are never sold as "only having one previous owner" either, are they? 😂

Post edited by unkel on

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

@unkel did you get a scheduled delivery date or email for the blue one ordered in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

That's a sickener Unkel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Tesla flipping... hmmm... could be the new Rolex !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

I take the blue telsa y off you.

The blue one has a delivery date of Feb 22 - Mar 9. I had a VIN for it last week, but it disappeared

The black one has a delivery date of Feb 24 - Mar 11

Sorry forgot to reply to you. Well yes, the excitement of getting a brand new car is ebbing away. That's a bit of a sickener alright. But on the other hand, I am keeping the Model S. There is no punishment in that!

Cheers @rob808. Anyone interested, PM me please with your proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

If you cancel the LR I might get it. I ordered early on the 13th. Black too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cancel any order you don't want or need. There are people rightly in a queue, let those people have their opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

From speaking with Tesla, the undertone was there are loads of cars on the boat that are not matched yet.

In addition due to the increase of finance in both the UK and IRL. (likely further increases) and with a recession looming especially in UK, expensive electric cars fall off people's radars and the loss of a couple of hundred euros instead of €45k+ debt is an easy choice.

It seems common practice from my conversation with Tesla, that cars are cancelled when the chips are down, when buyers have to put their money up, Tesla then apply an algorithm to match the cars, if not matched they go on the inventory list! (Note: boat goes to UK first then IRL). Chances are increased if you have everything completed beforehand within the Tesla dashboard and are not too fussy about colour. In my situation, I will ring Tesla in a couple of weeks and get my name on the cancellation list expressing that I am ready to go and not bothered about colour.

I am not too concerned, I will do my best to secure a car from cancellation or inventory, if not I will wait till September. If the grant is removed or reduced before car arrives in September, I will likely cancel and take the hit of €250.

Sorry to hear that, that is unfortunate. Thanks for the offer, I'll take my chances with Tesla direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 teresa-villas

I thought this too.. I had a long chat with Tesla and described how I didnt mind too much on the colour and they diligently took notes and put it on my account, they would call me before placing a SR MY on inventory

Lies, had black one ordered .. white one came up, went straight to inventory. Called them, said it was gone already, asked about my "notes" about being colour agnostic. They shrugged and said computer does everything.

Unless your spec is matched nothing will be allocated. Period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Registered Users Posts: 25 teresa-villas

I can understand the difficulty but why pretend with the "notes" ?

A person who has an order waiting for months is equal to a guy who stumbles over one that flashes up in the inventory and says "jaysus didnt know they were that cheap, think Ill order one!"

Thanks for that. Maybe as people have to commit as the delivery gets closer, there will be more opportunities for cancellations/inventory additions.

My plan is to ring them daily from about this time next month asking about cancellations and when cars will be put onto inventory list. The Tesla agent told me from mid-March, things heat up in terms of cancellations and reallocations. I am not sure how accurate this is based on you experience, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KaisceComoly

Irish bound cars are unloaded in Zeebrugge not Southampton so UK shipments are entirely unrelated to Ireland post Brexit.

Off topic but good anecdote about customer service from other manufacturers.

I have an MG4 on order, (which I am cancelling for a MY).

Main reason I cancelled is, there is an issue with about 30% of cars with a bulging undertray, MG UK are not resolving this issue as it is not a "safety concern", even though it impacts range and wind noise.

The car is cheap at 29k (base model), however small things like no rear speakers, no rear light, no OTA updates etc.., along with not standing over defects, was the main reasons to pull the ejector cord.

With the price drop of the MY and with all the extra in safety, technology and comfort, the extra 17k is well worth it in my opinion.

Apologies for going off-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭The Mist

My experience was the opposite.

Ordered a white Sr y with black interior. I happened to be in Douglas so popped down to Tesla and told the man that I would take any color/config if it meant getting a car in March. 2 days later that same guy rang saying they had a white Sr y with white interior obviously at the extra 1,200 expense and asked whether I wanted it. Took it, of course. Order was updated soon after the call and Vin assigned. Account was also updated then saying delivery estimated between Feb 23-march 10 (was showing that vague feb-mar beforehand with no dates).

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

You don't have to take any hit you can get your deposit back under distance selling legalisation. I've got mine back about 8 months after cancelling my order after one of the legends here shared the info.

Ringing and asking for cancellation is a good plan. I did that also but the then said that would be like a new order and at the time would have been an increase in price, few lads when did that and jumped the queue. I got a different car as 7 months waiting was too long and wasn't paying any increased price so pulled the plug (pun intended)

That is not what I was told, but thanks for clarification.

So cars unloaded in Belgium, then what? put on another ship to Ireland or transported to another port by road, then onto another ship?

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2023-shipping-movements.289596/page-32

See post #627 from here, details all the ship movements from Tesla Shanghai to Europe, there are lots of ships destined to Zeebrugge, is it fair to say that Irish bound cars are on multiple boats or just the one above?

"HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard."

The live Tesla ship map in the post is good!

Do the cars bound for UK only go to Southampton or do some go to Zeebrugge, I ask this as, what do they do with all the cancelled cars in the UK, keep them in stock, only other place to send them is here or another right hand driving country, of which there are none in this hemisphere. I am not sure if there are issues sending cars from UK to Ireland post Brexit.

• Advertisement

Good plan, I'll drop into Tesla in Dublin and try that!

Thanks for the info.

Advertisement