Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got warning for making a suggestion

Options
  • 11-02-2023 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

I got a warning and told I be on a ban for suggesting another moderator to moderate the Covid 19 forum.

Are suggestions not allowed? Even for a current boards mod?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Did you make the comment on a thread in the forum? If so, that would have been considered 'discussing moderation on thread' which is a no-no on almost all of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It was a thread for the introduction of new moderators.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ok so that's a public thread and the rule applies in that case

So making a suggestion is not allowed?

No, it's left to people with experience of the highs and lows of moderation to suggest then vetted by people above my pay grade!.

• Advertisement

How is that determined who is experienced with moderation?

That's something for a Cmod or Admin to carry on this conversation. Ive told you everything I know at my level.

OK thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The thread was to inform posters of the new moderators and to allow posters to welcome them, not to invite suggestions for new mods. We discuss mod proposals at Admin level, but it is not a popularity contest

Are you disputing the 2 point warning (in which case I can move this to the Dispute Resolution Forum) or are you making a complaint (which can be dealt with in Help Desk)

In either case have you discussed this with the mod in question via PM?

I received a warning asking another poster who is putting up dubious comments in the Conspiracy Theory forum. I have an idea now who it is.

Bag of chips infracted a number of posters but not said moderator..

What would Sun Tzu do?

We discussed via PM. He admit that he is new and made mistakes on the feedback forum.

Forward this to the dispute resolution forum please.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm actually going to close this off and lift the warning. It was actually issued for a post in CA, and but appears the mod thought it was a similar thread in CA. As you are aware the mod is new to the role and was dealing with other issues concerning the posts you made in the AH thread and issued the warning in that context, not realising this was a completely different thread in a different forum. In the context of CA don't consider the post warranted a pointed warning as you had not created any issues in CA. I would though emphasise, it's not a popularity contest and we rarely will invite suggestions from regular users over possible mods.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It will disappear from your account and therefore won't be taken into consideration in the future (if you got flagged/cautioned/infracted again).

So only two warnings. Back in After Hour yeah?

Still can't access the After Hours forum even though the warning was lifted.

I dealt with the warning you were complaining about in CA

If you wish to appeal any AH sanctions you must again attempt to resolve it with the mod via PM

If you still wish to appeal after that you can start a thread in Dispute Resolution setting put the post, the sanction and your grounds for appeal

I did message him. Haven't heard back yet

Perhaps being Sunday and all that.

• Advertisement

Advertisement