Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Nations 2023 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That England kit is rotten.

I can see what they were trying to do but it just looks like they had their bellies sliced up in a frenzied knife attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So it was a maul, yet the ref never called maul...looks like England are going to get all the calls todays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Feeling this ref has decided England can do no wrong at the scrum, despite Italy rinsing them on the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Name one person, alive or dead, real or fictitious, that Jones doesn't hate.

Should the ref not have to be able to speak the language of both sides

• Advertisement

Italy are awfully mundane here. Six or seven phases from the breakdown to the 10 and lose a metre, then another six or seven of pick and go and lose a metre rather than risk a contact ruck then give up and kick away possession then rinse repeat the phases after England sends them back to their 22. If they tied up a few forwards at the breakdown they'll find space to run, and they are good at that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Italy not a patch on their performance last week, and England reacting after the Scotland loss. Could be a long day if you're an Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That should be an Italy penalty. Obstruction is foul play

• Registered Users Posts: 68,556 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Italy have gone back to their basics. 😗 Which is very basic.

• Advertisement

Also surely itoje was pinning the Italian at the ruck...I really hope we don't get the ref in any of our games

• Subscribers Posts: 41,466 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

English is the official language of the six nations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Haha. Now that it's been mentioned, I have heard of it but if you'd asked me about it yesterday, I'd have struggled to tell you who contested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Strand1970

Imagine paying 200 pounds to watch that game. Italy are really poor

Has itoje gotten away with 2 or 3 seatbelt tackles today already

Much better from Italy and England didn't have much answer in defense.

Well what do ya know. Italy suck up the contact, play ball to hand and the space was made. Shame the Limey's are 100 times better at it 😂

Should have been a penalty against Farrell, he pawed at the face first.

Italy getting raw deal with this ref

No arms from Genge ignored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ref missing obstruction at every English lineout when they set up the maul.

I hate commentators refusing to use people's preferred names. It's Tomaso Allen, ffs, he hasn't gone by Tommy in years.

Get in! Lovely try.

An excellent running try for Italy and it was solid scrum that gave them the platform for it. Their ball on hand skills and open play running is excellent, once they try to run it.

England might just kick at goal if they get a penalty in the next few minutes, if only for their comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,556 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

England have killed Italian momentum well but I’d like to see their defence against a better organised team. Looks a bit dodge

Ref has no shame, blowing the Italians up after he let England do the exact same earlier. Massively one-sided affair

it seems to be an all to familar affair in rugby these days...some of Willis's steals today would have been Italian penalties with different referee(especially the ref in the Wales & Irish game), he separated but for some ref's you need to have this massive over the top movement to show separation

lawrence not on his knee's there for that turnover? thought wasn't legal, thought you had to be your feet

• Advertisement

Got to be massively disheartening for Italy, can't do anything right. England allowed to get away with murder, and he misses blatant infringements

Advertisement