Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Grand stretch in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Yeah, love that Astronaut.

Just reading today there's been a limited edition re-issue with a Sellita auto movement, which just seems wrong to me.

Looks the part, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

Trying out a couple of different NATOs. Very comfortable but noticeably bulky under a cuff. The strap is also a couple of mm too short to stay tucked in to the strap loop closest to the watch face so I've developed a tic of tucking it back in subconsciously. Other than that it's great!! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

The collection is growing.

A 1970 Seiko Lordmatic. It’s lovely.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I have been fighting a strong urge recently to add something nice to my watch box, but I have a wedding coming up this summer that I will need to pay for, so I need to de-prioritise the watch unfortunately.

However, once that is out of the way I will be treating myself to something nice (before the year is out!).

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

No, I haven't Mick. Just had a look at them there. Much more streamlined. Will pick up one or two and see how they work out. Thanks for the heads up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭micks_address

I have one on my moonswatch which might suit you if you didn't want to shell out full price for one

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Picked this up second hand last week, have fancied the Alpina Alpiner 4 for a few years now... saw this, good price and it is currently sitting in the family house in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

There are some really lovely 70's Seikos out there. Did you buy on Chrono?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

No, bought from adverts.

I could really get into these old Seikos. Really impressed with this one

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Some great stuff on the last couple pages, this page especially, being that it's seikoey.

Speaking of

This one came together well, even though I had to use the dreaded dial dots. Always nice to have a seiko with perfect alignment, shame ya have to make it haha.

The second hand was a non goer so scavenged one from an old snk805 which proved to be a great solution with the splash of red matching the text.

Anyway, it's 34% lighter than a stainless willard as the whole deal is ti. Featherweight 116g incl bracelet. Wears like a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Really like that one Harry, the dial detail is excellent.

Surprised!

Yea the grenade dial is a winner.

I have something specialer planned for my Tiskx to match my Tirtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭banie01

They (grenade dials) can really change a watch. Those and tapisserie and they way the catch and play with light are always interesting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's a cracking dial, very nice job indeed H_Lime. 🙂👍️

You noted the weight and how light it is at 116 grams. Funny enough, the other week one evening while on a deep interwebs dive I read an article that had weights of various watches, describing some as light/heavy etc. Something I'd never really considered much TBH, but the next day I was in a friends place and noticed he had a digital scales(he's not a drug dealer I swear😁) and I got to wondering...

Only 80 grams. Now vintage stuff is generally lighter simply because they're (mostly)smaller, but this is a 43mm, 50mm lug to lug, 14mm thick pretty "hefty" construction stainless steel watch with a "big" movement and on stainless steel bracelet. Maybe it's because it's not an automatic so no rotor and associated mech added on? Acrylic crystal too which would be much lighter than sapphire. I suppose it adds up, but I was surprised.

It feels like one of my heavier watches. I must try a few others out of curiosity.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

For the life of me I cannot comprehend how that's 80g in stainless lol! Don't get me wrong, it's great, especially when it's for actual daily wear. Thats why I love ti.

There is a mahoosive chunk of weighty sapphire in most modern watches alright but still and all 80g!

For perspective, the willard in stainless

Love to see more pics of that piece BTW and can yer mate sort me for a dime bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

That must be the scale your mate uses when he’s buying his stuff .My GS snowflake weighs 100grams on the braclet and thats all titanium.A steel sub is 150ish .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

😁 If this fecker dropped a euro he'd have caught it before it hit the ground, so possibly.

I know someone else with a scales as it happens so I must check it out on that. However I can confirm it's noticeably lighter in the hand than a Sub. A few pages back I mentioned I'd recently seen one in the wild and asked the chap about it and we got to chatting and he handed it to me. I happened to be wearing this same watch so swappsies and he did say "oh, is it made of aluminium?". So he noted the weight difference. To be fair it kinda looks like alloy because of the finish, but it's definitely steel.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Settling in for the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

Got this back from the mechanic today sporting a new EB8810 movement. Still have the old one for parts as needed. Minor issue with the date wheel, but I'll go a month or so with it to see if it bothers me much if at all. The fact that the second hand is out of commission is slightly annoying but not a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

Seems to be a few Seikos being posted recently, here's mine.

Picked it up on Adverts a few years ago.It was around the time I had started self learning French,so came as a pleasent surprise when I saw it also had les jours en Français.

Solar,and had stopped due to not getting much wrist time,but a quick blast of a strong torch had it up and running straight away.Has been on the wrist a bit more often recently,so running away no problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Some terribly stressed looking dogs there. You might want to calm them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭covey123

😅I wouldn't mind,that was before the bigger ones run ( where he pretty much pulls me along on my bike for 6k)!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

Trip up to Omega in Belfast yesterday to collect the green Seamaster 300 on Rubber.

also collected the new style bracelet for the Speedmaster with the new micro adjust clasp. Love it, like 2 new watches in 1 day!

for anyone looking for anything Omega, I cannot recommend the Belfast boutique highly enough. Really great service and enjoyable experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Took a short train ride from Henley to Maidenhead today. Had to check out the Seiko Service Center based there and get a picture with one of my Bell-Matics! 😁

Being a Sunday, it was closed but managed to take a peek through the windows. Some watchmaker's in Bremont have worked for Seiko and were telling me about the workshop, so it was nice to see it myself. Might try and see if I can arrange a tour someday.

Yep! It’s the 3861 bracelet on the 1863- fits perfectly

How much is it ? I’ve been looking at the mods for adjustable clasp but works out about €400 for a clasp only which is steep .I prefer the newer bracelet so this would be a winner for me .

• Advertisement

It was £610 when I ordered but the list price has just gone up to £690 with the new clasp but did get a discount of around 15% from the original price as we were picking up the seamaster

Advertisement