Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

The Phoenix Open, RBC Heritage, Wells Fargo Championship and Travelers Championship will now all have $20m (£17.8m) prize purses

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I see Charlie and Tiger are sporting matching limps at the PNC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

How do they decide the tees? Tour pros - easy enough back tees

Seniors like Paddy and JD?

Former pros like Trevino?

Juniors like Charlie?

Then amateurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭paulos53

This is what I read yesterday

• Yellow 7,094 yards : PGA Tour pros 54 years old and younger;
    • White 6,754 yards : PGA Tour pros 55-64, family members 14 and over, and LPGA pros;
    • Red 6,452 yards : Pros 65-72, family members 12-13, and LPGA pros 50 and over
    • Blue 5,643 yards : Pros and family members 73 and over, and juniors 11 and under

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Thanks Paulos, good to see Trevino out there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watching the Sentry Tournament of Champions the past few nights and Morikawa looks so good. His putting looks awesome. He'll be unstoppable if he can keep putting that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

24 under through 3 rounds.. not sure if that says more about Morikawa or the tournament.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Cam won it with -34 last year. Should realistically be a par 71. It's a resort course so to be expected for them to go low

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Incredible turnaround - Rahm leads Morikawa by one. Think Morikawa had about 6/7 shot lead at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

It's weird when top pros start chunking wedges. Pressure and nerves I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Feel for Morikawa that's the 2nd time this has happened to him on a final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

In fairness, that is a proper choke from Morikawa! Played like a God for 63 holes (27 under par, no dropped shots) and then dropped 3 shots in a row on holes that he was 7 under for the first 3 rounds!

Hard to believe that a player of his skill and experience could be so fragile but it just shows that golf is not only a test of skill but an examination of mental fortitude. I suppose that's why Tiger won 15 Majors!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Went in to check if he got a higher score than last year's -34. That's some turnaround, not like its a difficult course for them

Another PGA Tour win for Rose

Happy for him. Always seemed like a decent sort of chap

I'd love to know the length of putts Rose had over the tournament. He holed a lot of long putts.

Wasn’t sure if he win again. I wonder did he regret the club transfer move when he was playing great. Was the money worth it

Phoenix Open should be good this weekend. Rahm and Mcilroy joint favourites

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Came to post the same thing, he was very solid all week with all parts of his game, great when you're playing with confidence and can hit an errand drive from a bunker on a par 5 to eagle putt territory

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Eldrick on the time sheet next week. Nothing like a statement like that to generate attention that liv with all their money couldn’t pay for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

The amount of adverts on Sky is ridiculous considering they also charge a top dollar sub. And they have removed the red button functionality from Sky+HD for the golf... this tournament anyway.

Post edited by Heighway61 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This 16th hole thing is beyond cringe now. Commentators marvelling at idiots throwing beer bottles at the players.

It's awesome, it's been on my bucket list for a decade. There's nothing like it anywhere, you wouldn't want it everywhere but it's great to have it somewhere.

Thankfully I have the Golf channel and CBS. On top of the ads I just can't listen to Coltart, he's awful.

Max homa with the club throw. "One of us,one of us, one of us!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hole in one for Rickie. Great to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Crowd were chanting exactly that just there when he duffed a chip on 16 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

That shot predictor is rubbish. Takes the excitement out off seeing where it's going to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd prefer it if it wasn't.

Advertisement