Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

People whos eyes are close together and look like murdering maniacs.

The happy pear twins are a great example.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

People that refer to others as good guys. Just gets up my wick as often those uttering it were the most detestable people (to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 56,017 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yep. And most a them couldn’t string a fooking Irish sentence together. Grade A tosspots

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

People who refer to up my wick instead of on my wick. Gets up my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

People who can't take normal photographs, they always have to pull some strange face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,017 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

People who park in the space right next to you when the carpark is practically empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭amacca

In fairness their eyes being close together is not even amongst the top ten crimes against the state and even humanity itself the happy pear twins have perpetrated in their long running spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭amacca

Ah you know....

Getting up at 5 o clock in the morning to go for swims or runs and making sure to plaster it all over social media.....

Selling total shite in plastic boxes in supermarkets

Constant judgemental positivity oozing out of every pore of them

And that's probably the tip of the iceberg

....and you just know they have a dungeon somewhere where they engage in pro trump twitter trolling or worse......probably hoard lego for profit so kids can't buy it etc......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Vinyl definitely does sound better than digital, but records are so bloody delicate. Look at one and it skips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Saw a dìckhead with neck tatoos today.....thought of this thread immediately....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Was just going to add those that harp on about vinyl sounding “better” than “digital”. Not just tossers, but not having a clue how sh1t works either.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Drivers who ignore ‘no entry’ lines and one way systems, especially in parking lots, so they get to that parking spot quicker, whilst blocking the traffic for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

People with deliberately loud exhausts on their cars.

People who park everywhere except in designated parking spaces outside Lidl (it only seems to be Lidl for some reason).

People who play music/video without headphones on public transport.

People who don't wipe down equipment/weights in the gym.

Excessive vanity, especially in men.

People who stand directly outside pubs smoking and drinking. Step to the side of the entrance dickhead.

People who like Other Voices on RTE or acts that appear on that show.

Anybody involved in the Irish music scene over the past 20 years.

A picture of Ryan Tubridy.

Why the quotes around digital?

If I'm playing my phone through my Bluetooth speaker I have to turn the sound up way higher than I do when playing a record on the same machine. The bass is deeper - everything is. The streamed/downloaded audio seems "flatter".

Don't you think if people's experience of the sound is better, well then there's nothing incorrect about what they're saying?

You just implied I'm a tosser - think about that. Maybe your tone is weirdly aggressive and rude in response to one short post regarding my own experience?

And if it's some sort of pop at those with a preference for vinyl for being arrogant and feeling superior... well hello irony (my favourite format is CD - vinyl is a bit of a hassle but I have a modest record collection).

How "sh1t" works - well that's real technical stuff. How dare we not all have an understanding of the area in question. 🙄

You could use your rage to explain then instead of being a sneering arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This is why I choose the queue with males in it.

Less shopping, no farting around with coupons and money off rubbish, no rooting around handbags, no chatting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

People who think this is a Thread for Debate.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

People who pay for stuff with their phones, 9/10 times they can never get it to work and flip the phone over 3-4 times and then hit the cashier with oh let me switch cards!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

In general people change their names to the Irish version on social media to stop people they don't want to or prospective employers finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭passatman86

When you ring a business and they promise to call back to sort whatever situation you called about - but they never do

Post edited by passatman86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Or they do it to get people to think that they're important enough that people would want to look up their social media profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

People you say hello to and you get no response or a blank stare.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you hold a door for someone and they breeze through without a word

You tell someone that the Base and monopod stand for your cool dolby audio recording camcorder only cost € 10. The stand supports the camcorder fine, 2 metres tall. But still you're told you're a fukkin cheapskate for using it when you tell them the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Drivers who wait until the last millisecond to turn on their indicators before turning, or indicate as they're turning.

Advertisement