Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News: Tesco remove the delivery service on Tallaght

• 25-01-2023 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I was checking twitter where I see the next:twitter.com/bbnnccdd/status/1617535671207428104

Tesco has apparently removed the delivery service in Tallaght west because of anti-social behaviour.

This needs to stop now... what's next An post ? Amazon ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a shame that the vast majority of decent people have to suffer because of the blackguards.

A lot of older folk use the delivery service.

This is not new.

Tesco removed delivery services to West Tallaght in April 2019.

and never it restored them since - even when local TD's and councillors asked them to reinstate them during the Pandemic. Tesco don't even have Click and Collect at the Square.

Super-Valu do deliver, and since last year, Dunnes Stores will do deliveries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nidek

I live in Tallaght and I did a Tesco delivery order on the first week of January. but now if I try to place an order it won't let me.

Maybe they have extended the no delivery zone in the last weeks. In my area both supervalue and Dunnes are doing delivery without problems.

That may be it so. Don't hold your breath for them to reinstate service. As I said, they wouldn't even do it during the pandemic.

You mentioned An Post in your OP. An Post did suspend deliveries before (I think it was to Mac Uilliam) at the same time as Tesco withdrew its services (April 2019) but restored deliveries 3 months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Unfortunately this reflects very badly on the area to those from outside Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Why would any company reinstate a service when their staff are attacked by utter scum.

If West tallaght wants a resumption of service, then sort out the scumbags.

Certain elements are very quick to protest against refugees with their laughable "unvetted" argument. But have no issue with dozens of utter thugs on their own doorstep.

Then when companies withdraw service to protect their staff from violent attacks, West tallaght has an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nidek

I agree that if there is no security in an area, it should not be distributed.

The issue is how a private company is considered a secure area or not. Because Dublin city centre has a much higher crime rate per person than Tallaght and that does not mean that companies stop delivering in Dublin city centre.

I believe that companies should have a clear and transparent non-delivery policy based on data and review the areas on a regular basis. Because otherwise someone might think that Tallaght is afghanistan based on their prejudices and not on data.

It cannot be that for 1 or 2 cases in 2019, a population of 80,000 people will be left without service in 2023. It is something that I think is disproportionate and I think tesco should review it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I live in tallaght and buses no longer come up my way after 6pm as they get attacked. I have stopped going to the Centra in Killinarden as there are gangs hanging around and they attack the shop. Now there is a turnstyle to get in. Down in the vicinity of Killinarden shopping centre it is just dangerous. One night, Centra had TWO security guards on the door.

It is a sad state of affairs, but unless parents take some responsibility, it will not improve.

Advertisement