Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon Bulls, pull the trigger and mix things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Friend of this forum, amd concensus Greatest Point Guard of All Time, John Wall, has, in a hilarious turn of events, found himself traded back to Houston, seven months after he slagged off pretty much everyone involved with the franchise after he got traded to the Clips.

Should be candidate for fastest buyout of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors basically swap Wiseman for Payton. Not the big move people wanted but it definitely helps the team straight away but also confirms that Wiseman has been a bust for the Warriors, it was always a risky pick but would of expected more from him, wish him all the best in Detroit, hopefully he gets on the floor regularly and stays healthy

Pretty good, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I stayed up to watch the Nets after all that's went on over the last week. They beat the Bulls by 11 with Dinwiddie scoring 25 and Tomas 20. Excellent contributions off the bench from Harris and Watanabe.

I'm very interested to see how this works out for them. I imagine that locker room was poisonous and now it might be pretty good. I'd love to see them go well for the rest of the season.

What a crazy few days, obviously a lot of moves etc, this happens a lot, teams try to make a big push.

in my opinion, the suns if healthy are absolutely unreal, that’s a serious team if they can make it happen.

the Mavs got better but I just don’t trust Kyrie

I like the Bucs, they are legit

Celtics are still legit, didn’t need to do anything

Warriors, not sure, with curry’s injury and just the whole atmosphere, don’t see it, age matters and I don’t think bringing GP2 back is a game changer, they need everyone healthy and all in to compete, don’t see it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What does that mean? There's lots of talent on that roster.

Simmons, Dinwiddie

Thomas, Curry

Claxton, Johnson, Sharpe

O'Neale, Harris, Watanabe

If Simmons and Thomas step up that squad could be serious. They've got a chance now in a young team, you go talk to these guys and tell them they have to be leaders. You give them responsibility, tell them they are very important and see how it works out.

I'm just very interested to see how it goes with so much raw talent.

Give Ben responsibility and he'll run away and sit out again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Simmons did heave a 3 last night, who knows :)

That could happen or it could go the other way. I'm not predicting anything just talking about the raw talent in that squad.

And I'd love if they got it together to show KD and Irving that they aren't that important.

Mavs trading for Kyrie is like playing Russian Roulette with with only one free spot in the chamber.

If Kyrie behaves, Mavs are serious contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well you’ll end up disappointed on that score

I love your statement of fact. I've seen things happen many times in my 45 years following sports.

Before my time the Texas Western Miners winning the NCAA college basketball championship happened. I'm sure you know all about that.

Remember the Warriors beating the Mavs, who were favourites for the NBA championship, in the first round of the playoffs about fifteen years ago?

Syracuse and the Huskies winning the NCAA championship.

Connacht winning the Challenge Cup and the Pro 14 or whatever it was called back then.

The most recent being Saudi Arabia beating the eventual World Cup Champions.

Leicester City winning the Premier league and Wigan winning the FA Cup.

Stranger things have happened than a group of players with raw talent suddenly getting it together.

And I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying I'm interested in following the journey right now.

I think the Nets have done very well out of those trades. I thought they were thoroughly fucked not long ago but solid B+ from me.

I'd try move on that Aussie waste of space next.

Not possible on that contract unless they attach a bucketload of First Rounders.

Buyout be the only way to be rid of him.

Ah yes, fair point. Forgot how heavy that anchor was.

Ah well, all in all, I'd be very happy if I were a Nets fan with their business before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In the last 5 days Perk has said Dallas, Phoenix, and now the Lakers are the title favourites. Has anyone called him out on this? Of course not.

The guy is a complete idiot.

I think you are just hung up on him. I don't mind him, not my favourite or anywhere close and a bit controversial too but he doesn't bug me. I'm watching the game anyways, I hear what they are saying but I make up my own mind on things so I'm not too worried what they say.

• Advertisement

He talks such nonsense he makes Nick Wright et al look like geniuses.

Boston a bit up and down v the Grizzlies. Hard to make any definitive assessments on this given both teams are under strength. Pritchard is pretty dead eye from 3 when given space though.

Bucks on a major roll at the moment, Boston could be in real danger of losing the #1 seed if they don’t start playing better.

I see LeBron breaks the record then f’s off for a week when his team needs every win at this stage. Even the No Dunks guys were throwing shade at it.

Ryen Russillo has a good piece on his pod talking about his (lack of) leadership at this time, and in general over the years; including the reaction by a lot of league GMs to his “is it me?” tweet last week. It’s classic LeBron behaviour really......and of course he's going to play in the All Star Game! It's LeBron first, team second as usual.

Can’t wait to be called a hater again from the usual source…..

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm just delighted the Lakers are on a 0-3 run since Russ was sent packing. The amount of hate and blame her got was ridiculous.

Jefferson fell off the chair when Perks said Lakers, he was pretty obvious on how dumb he thought perks comments are, Perks is as dumb as a bag of rocks or acts that way at least

It's astonishing he has a job doing punditry on National TV. If he was doing local station work he'd still be called an idiot but it'd get a pass as "he played for the team" etc. But the stuff he comes out with is just insane.

Yea but it’s ESPN also, not exactly the pinnacle of reporting, it has its place for sure but Iam pretty sure it’s not your 1st place to get knowledgeable analysis, they have a few decent ones but hot takes for the most part

How did you come to the conclusion that the Celtics are not playing well? They've won ten of their last twelve and a couple if them without Brown or Smart.

Tonight they are playing the Bucks without Tatum, Brown and Smart. It's 64-63 Bucks at halftime.

• Advertisement

OT in Milwaukee. Fantastic team effort from Celtics.

Derrick White 22 points and 12 assists, Brogdan 20, Muscala 18, Griffin 15, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, Williams and Hauser 12 apiece.

Advertisement