Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your best bargain of 2022 ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

De longhi espresso frother machine (managed to escape customs as well as it was over €150).

One plus ear buds were ok too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

100% the Reds note 11 Pro 5G TTL, TCP IPK, APP....

Fantastic phone, with buds for 189 in total. Mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

YouTube premium (no more adds yay) and the XBox Ultimate Gamepass were best deals for me.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭andydurnin

Turkish Netflix for €4.78 a month for premium and Turkish Netflix for €20 for year for me and wife. YouTube premium for around €1 a month for son, no more adds. Now tv codes for under €5 a month.

Dyson hairdryer for wife and mc Donald's codes when It lasted for family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Outiside of the Redmi 10 for 100 euro from Vodafone probably not any major bargains this year but all the small ones added up nicely. McDonalds codes were fantastic while they lasted, we got a good 10 months out of that one and you can still get a Big Mac and fries for 3.90 now which is great with the cost of eating out everywhere gone through the roof.

Also the Lidl 10 off 50 vouchers were great while they lasted as well as all the freebies via the app with the Parkrun codes, saved a fortune there. Youtube Premium for a tenner a year was a lifesaver when YT started blasting 5 ads per 20 minute video at me. The Nowtv sticks have been great for cheap Sky Sports.

The 3% cashbacks from Revlout while small are better in my pocket than the retailers and its on going. The other ones were the Revlout quiz where you got free cryptocurrency, I sold mine immediately for 11.60 odd, its probably worth 11 cents now lol. Also the free tenner for making 3 Mastercard spends was good too, nothing like free money.

Thanks to all who posted bargains throughout the year, hopefully lots more to come in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Definitely the Dyson Supersonic. A massive hit with the 3 ladies in the house. They can't believe how good it is compared to their old hairdryer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Best Bargain, was not to go into Bargain Alerts as much as I used to. But very Happy with LG 55 OLED TV C6 series. Oh and I suppose netflix sub from Turkey for past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

The year's Youtube Premium and music streaming service for 15 quid all in was a steal - having no ads on youtube is a lifesaver

The shark vacuum for 100 quid was also a great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

what was the mcdonalds hack, i must have missed that??

for me defo the turkish netflix.

brexit ruined any amazon bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

...can you pass on the Disney bargain, unless ive missed it : )

We were basically entering codes on the order screens to get 40-50% discounts off the McDonalds menu. It lasted most of 2022 until they copped it and shut it down. Theres a big thread on it here, some codes still work but nowhere near as many.

Aldi still have a number of craft beers still at 2 euro that are very good - probably better than those Lidl ones from the Crafty Range tbh

e.g. "Summit to Say" 5.0%

"Brown Bear" 5.2%

probably the two best imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Easily the McDees codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Google pixel watch ⌚

New boxed silver - e200 ebay (; french seller)same one e290 on adverts/DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

Google Stadia including Chromecast Ultra.

Google gave a full refund of the bargin 25 euro price when Stadia was shut down, and I still have a chromecast ultra and a high-quality gaming controller that works wired or via blueooth.

Also got my gaming PC and gaming laptop from Lenovo bargins, laptop was a 5800/RTX3060 for 900 more than a year ago, same laptops still cost 1000+ 12 months on. PC was a 5800/RTX3060Ti again for around 900 last year, when they were still going for 1,500 given it was the height of the crypto boom.

I'm sure there were more but those stand out as ones I got from Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

5800/RTX3060T

Do you rate this as a gaming PC?

Or a PC that game's.

Genuinely interested,my PC packed up 3/4 yrs ago,and think it's high time to get stuck in again to COD

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Did you have to pay customs if they came from Target in the US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭crisco10

That enegia EV fixed price day night electricity plan back in September. Night rate of 9.5c, day rate of 30c. Guaranteed until next September. Compared to what's on offer now, it's insanely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭suave.4u

YT Premium with YT Music included for EUR 1.5.

It would have Eur 14 if I had taken an Irish account.

#RIPOFFIRELAND

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭migrant

A year of Youtube Premium using an Indian address

Fabulous Samsung Fridge from Curry's with €200 cashback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,673 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Energia fixed unit rate deal. I was paying 6c night rate for a full year until recently.

yeah none of us probably realised it at the time but the Energia fixed rate deal is turning into bargain of the year. My last bill was only 156 off the back of 29c day 9c night units. If I was paying the unit rates available now it would have been more like 250 euro. I reckon over the year it could save me 400-500 euro. We got lucky that the deal was available in August/September and also that it is fixed rates for a full 12 months at a time of multiple price increases.

Im just hoping now that by the time August rolls around unit rates have come down or we could be in for some shock later this year, unit rates are now running at about 47c/27c which is insane. It would mean the current night rate of 9c will triple in price for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,673 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Night rates are 13c with Energia day/night. Ev plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭StonedRaider

2022 bargain of the year has to be the 7 year 1.95% fixed mortgage with Avant, with the 10% overpayment option. Hope to have slashed my mortgage term by half in 2029. Not forgetting the Dunnes double hack for groceries going on for 16months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I would also like to know. The word "hack" got my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Advertisement