Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's very interesting, thanks for that. 🙂

Ah, if only the budget would allow it... We also have to rewire and re-plumb the house, change all the rads, sort out the subsidence and replace the septic tanks. GoFundMe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can you take out drawer above as far as it'll go and reach in or use hoover to clear behind bottom drawer?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My back is slightly banjaxed so I couldn't reach into the back of the drawer.

Had lunch muscles obviously eased out (different seated position) and I was able to reach in no probs.

Seriously lads, this getting old lark is zero craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Reminds me, need to get out for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I stood still for two minutes not long after getting up and seized up, tiny little steps for 15 minutes after.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Picked up my coffee mug/cup thingy with lid to have a sip, sliding cover thingy slides closed as I tilt.

Need to hold it open with one finger to keep it from closing. No friction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you get an email that's not for you. You send it to the correct person, ask them to deal with it and inform the sender.

But they don't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Not quite the same scenario, but I can relate to this - I have an outlook.com email address and there is some guy in Australia who shares the same first and last name as me and keeps signing up to services using my email address - I end up getting emails containing invoices for all sorts - electricity bills, construction bills etc - since I have no idea what his actual email address is, I can't get back to him directly, but I do my best to inform the company who issued the invoice of the situation and asked them to relay the message on my behalf that he is using the incorrect email address and that they should get the correct info from him, update their services and tell him to stop using the wrong address. It does seem to have finally stopped - its been over a year since I last received anything that was intended for him - but before this carry-on was going on for 3-4 years! My best guess is that his actual email address ends with outlook.com.au (and not outlook.com)

Never received any sort of email apologising or thanking me for ensuring that these mis-directed emails got sorted out (rather than simply ignoring them) either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

3 TAs

Just spent a few days in NI

Man sitting at breakfast table noisy sniffing instead of blowing his nose. Put me right off my porridge

Driving back to Tipp and the amount of cars just sitting in the outside lane FFS, move TF if someone is behind you.

Fellow student constantly asking does anyone have X, can someone give me a copy of Y, but dead silent when you ask them a question. Numptie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Some woman set up a Facebook account using my mother's email address. We got fed up of getting notifications, so we left her a message saying she had 30 days to change the email address or we'd close her FB account. Guess what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Acquaintance / friend of the family and neighbour died a few days ago. Just found out so went to leave a note for their family on rip.ie.

the lady in question worked in broadcast media for RTE all be it way back and wouldn’t be a household name unless you’d be of a certain pensionable vintage and some. That far back.

just looking at other comments and a particular ‘contribution’ from another RTE person, lavish in their praise of her but choosing the condolence section as a platform to write a general dig in at the more current and recent talent of RTE. I’m just thinking, do her family want to see that ? Is it necessary ? Can’t you just retain class, dignity and respect and say… “ I knew xxxx 40 years, had the upmost respect as a broadcaster and friend, will miss the chats, good times and condolences to her family “

it actually strikes as a bizarre, ill judged diatribe… boards.ie ok, but rip.ie, not so 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Waking up hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trainer in my IT course told the group to look at P1. 1-3 and P3. 1-3 ahead of the assessment this week. Speaking to parts of that group during the week jokingly mentioned it, none of them 'heard' that and one accursed me in a roundabout way of lying to them.

Another ta in this vein, trainer says something like "you can repeat this task as often as you like, there doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of reps" ten mins later, "Mary, how many times I can do that task for practice?" half an hour after that "How many times can I do the task before it stops me"?😤😤😡

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Microsoft teams. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I regularly get emails destined for a Mexican concert events organising company. I fwd'ed the first few and let the sender know too, got no acknowledgement, let alone thanks. So now I know how much transport/insurance/venue costs for (mostly obscure) tours. ^_^

I've been getting someone's itemised eir phone&broadband bills in the post for well over 3 years. I've texted the intended recipient twice, returned to sender with NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS countless times, written to eir... and STILL get them. Next step GDPR privacy issue, there's clearly a process that doesn't work. (jjust one, yiz all say >_<)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

People who make snide , belittling comments to someone , only when in the company of others , knowing that the poor unfortunate is too polite to answer them back . 🤬🤬

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to Leicester Square yesterday for an event. It's much busier than usual with lots of barriers. Turns out Creed III was premiering and some people just had to turn up to desperately get snaps over the barrier.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

There's a brand of aftershave/fragrance that I notice guys wearing and I love the secent and would love to get it for myself.

However I've no idea what it is and I can never get up the courage to ask some random person what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Wordle. It says my current streak is 1 , which means I must have forgot to do it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That happened to me over the bank holiday weekend. It was the following day that I realised that I had been logged out of my Wordle (or maybe NYTimes) account. If I had copped it in time, my streak would have continued.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a similar TA note... 'I didn't get the email' - funny that, you are on the email list and you apparently got every other email, except that one. Really? 🤔

And another example, I did a yoga class years ago where the tutor would tell us to watch her doing a new pose first, before attempting it. Inevitably some would be trying to do it while she was doing it, rather than watching and listening to her demonstrate it. And then of course wouldn't have a clue when it came to the class overall, trying to do it. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a quite busy day yesterday and somewhere somehow I mislaid my walking stick. I’ve gone back , rang everywhere I was and no luck . It has just vanished !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I'm walking along the central aisle of the supermarket and someone comes whizzing out of one of the side-aisles with their trolley like they're one of the emergency services and expect the waves to part in front of them. I feel like 8 or 9 times out of 10 I'm the one who has to take evasive action.

I saw the comment and I don't know how they approved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who don't know how to package fragile items.

I found a sealed copy of an OOP LP I wanted. Reasonably good price. Photos showed it sealed and in immaculate condition.

It arrived today in a large padded envelope with no cardboard packaging of any sort used. The sleeve which was blemish-free in the listing photos now has several creases on both sides. Totally avoidable. I just don’t get it. Why package in such a flimsy way? Records need to be packaged in cardboard mailers with at least two stiffeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How one of the greatest football clubs and teams Barcelona have under Xavi, turned into one of the most dirty, scummy and cynical sides going. Always liked watching Barca going back to the days with Cruyff, Aragones and Venables managing, good attacking football teams…quality attacking players and obviously Guardiola in more recent times but this current lot and this manager, pretty scummy. Of course aided and abetted by the Italian lad refereeing, only short of allowing Barca lads to put United players in a headlock…. and Varene gets booked for the most basic foul…. 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When referees don’t award clear penalties.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,685 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just leave notifications off they are too annoying make me feel like throwing my phone out the nearest window.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,685 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This is a driving one ok - the people that don’t ‘mirror signal manoeuvre’ are slightly annoying. Those who indicate as turning.

But the one that sends me into a rage. Is lazy road positioning. Specifically when I am on one of the roads out of my housing estate.

Grand wide road it is. But when I see the driver ahead sit awkwardly betwixed and between - not leaving enough space for a car on the other side. Annoys me normally and I mutter ‘road positioning’.

But when I am in a hurry it sends me mad altogether. Even worse if the car blocking is turning right.

Even getting annoyed thinking about it - two or three foot of space not used.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement