Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the Asus ZenWiFi AX router be connected to existing VDSL service

Options
  • 14-02-2023 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

In a couple of months time our Vodafone VDSL broadband (Gigabox SHG3000 modem/router)  will be upgraded to FTTH.

In anticipation I decided to purchase an  ASUS ZenWiFi AX router to replace whatever ISP FTTH router is provided.

Question is, can the Asus be connected to the existing VDSL service??

I understand the Gigabox SHG3000 can be bridged, I’m just not sure / confident enough about these things but I would like to have a go if it is possible - any guidance / steps to take would be very helpful.

Thx in advance

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Glaceon

You can do it but would need to leave the Gigabox in situ because the Asus doesn't have a VDSL modem. Bridging the Gigabox would be the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Connect any Gigabox LAN port to the Asus WAN port. I've never bridged a Gigabox so am not sure of the exact procedure but once it's done, you'll need to set up the WAN connection on the Asus as PPPoE with vodafone@vodafone.ie as the username and broadband as the password. If there's an MTU option, make sure it's set to 1492 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Do you have Vodafone TV or phone line? If so, bridging will cause probelms with these services. I think its possible to get the TV service working on a third-party device but not the phone line

Answers

Advertisement