Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

I submitted my application form around the same time as you, and haven't heard anything back yet. I checked my status and it just says "further info submitted". Is that the same as yours or does it state in process? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zeroMac

When I first submitted my application form, it said "further info submitted" but when I finally got the schedule for interview (it was the only time I rechecked the career site) it then says "in process". So I reckon, you'd have it updated to "in process" once they've reviewed your application form and have you scheduled for an interview. But this is only my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

for interview. I’d recommend structuring your answers to the STAR method. Stops you waffling and keeps it structured.

visit important stations such as 2,3,4 & hq. 2&3 have the ET’s. 4 has the trv & hq has turn table ladders & control room . The main points are from your competency answers so make sure these are top notch.

remember to use the buzz words in your answers such as , “ good communicator , I’m a good team player , listener , compassionate etc

get mock interviews if you can , preferably off officers in the job .

make your your final statement is strong , do t underestimate it .

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Are answers for the competencies sent in prior to the interview? Will the board have a copy of answers infront of them?

Are answers for the competencies sent in prior to the interview? Will the board have a copy of answers infront of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

Has everyone heard back re interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

Can anyone give information on what the structure of the interview is like please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraf33

Hi guys, I know soke others have made comments RE presentation on the day of your interview. Just for any of the guys already in DFB or who have done interviews in previous years. Is it the norm to wear a suit or is a shirt and pants acceptable would ye think? Surely if you have good qualifications and do a good interview what you wear can only affect your score a small bit. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraf33

Also, would it be out of the question to bring notes to an interview? Have seen this done before but unsure would it be acceptable here? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

You don't HAVE to wear a suit but remember your applying for a job in a uniformed service that prides itself in how well presented their staff always look dating back to the 1860's.

I'll let you decide...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Bft

Is there anyone able to advise of a hotel/ accommodation near the civic offices with parking? Would be greatly appreciated 👍

Wear a full suit man , nothing less than a suit . Dont bring notes in either .

I don’t know . Have you had to fill out the answers to competencies and send them in ? If so , then they’ll have read them and have them in front of them .

if this is the case they’ll question you on said competencies , further

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Folks, has anyone organized a station visit? I was onto HQ and was told all visits are suspended :/ I was hoping to see one station ahead of the interview since it's been a few years since my last but no is no!

Did you make them aware that you're scheduled for an interview? As far as I know, public visits are suspended but maybe if they know that you're preparing for the interview they might accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Yeah same with me I let them know I had an interview and they said they can’t organise a visit due to them being suspended.

Post edited by Iceomatrix on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

Is anyone still waiting to hear back regarding interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

Surely it should be tomorrow lastest if interviews are starting Wednesday?

• Advertisement

I did indeed zeroMac, I got nothing more than "all visits are suspended until further notice". I do know a few people who have stopped by stations in the evening in the last few weeks and have been brought in but am a bit on the fence about doing it myself in case I get asked during interview and they ask me why I attended if I knew visits are suspended. Its a bit of a conundrum to be honest.

I reckon there will be alot of people in the same boat Iceomatrix. I know it's an important thing to do to show you're interested in the role but I'm thinking that they obviously know that "officially" visits are off the agenda at the moment so it wouldn't be fair to ask if you did a station visit in the interview. The ace card is that we're all hoping to join a disciplined uniformed organisation so showing up to a station after being told no wouldnt look great, at least that's what I would be thinking if I was interviewing someone. Anyway, best of luck with your interview! Let us know if it was an issue for you, I'll report back after mine too!

I think the last batch will be notified this week BFT. Not 100% sure on that though, there were alot of interviews to schedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Are there many still waiting to receive interview dates? I'm still waiting...

For anyone who didn’t get through aptitudes, dfb are advertising for emergency services call takers on the 10th February. The last time this was advertised externally was 2015/16.

you can progress to firefighter position after 4 years . It’s a great way to get to know the job , get used to shift pattern and most importantly you’ll start your pay scale and pension . Pay is less than you get for firefighter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Staffline also running the next campaign, suprised at that and likely same format being used! Wage is also a big hit to take aswell for graduates ect, iirc was it 2 years previous campaigns before you could move to FF and not 4?

Was always a 3 year contract . Then some went operational after 2 years but most were in 4th year by the time they were training as firefighters.

At this stage I'd assume that we'll have to wait for the whole duration of interviews to be finished before hearing something? Or did anybody get an update from DCC regarding progressing towards the next stage?

• Advertisement

It'll be early March before we hear anything back. As far as I understand, your aptitude scores, CV, qualifications, experience (voluntary etc) and interview are all combined to give a score (open to correction on that) and the top ranking candidates are brought forward to the next stage.

Advertisement