Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cobra1

Hi

Yes both are on adverts as stated previously

Thanks

Hi,

I posted both links after I had sent the first post.

When I posted the links it said I have too wait a while so that is the reason for the vague first post.

Anyway the watches can be seen on Adverts.

Hope this clears things up 😊

Here is the second watch.

Thanks for looking

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Guys selling a mint condition Tudor BB58 925 silver . It’s like new and comes with a vanguard rubber strap which cost me 130 euro . Will sell for 3300 if anyone is interested. Good price considering it got a price increase to 4610 in Jan .

https://www.adverts.ie/28982171

• Advertisement

Hi,

I am selling my Furlan Mari Limited Edition automatic watch if anyone would be interested in it.

As seen on watchfinder.

Any questions on this or the other watches just let me know

Thanks for looking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That's a nice looking watch. Good luck with sale.

Thanks,

I also have a Tudor 1928 blue dial steel bracelet.

Worn once, selling as I bought a Tudor black bay pro and have been told my Rolex Milgauss will be available next month, so Hench the clearout.

If anyone interested it's also up on adverts.

if anyone is interested

Hi,

I updated photos with today's date so you know all is genuine.

I also included the card date so that you can see the watch is new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

There's a beautiful Sinn SZ01 on adverts:

There's a picture of the caseback with the claim:

"1st automatic chronograph in space"

This refers to a 140 model that flew on a mission in 1985. However, this ignores the fact that a Seiko 6139 automatic chrono flew on the Skylab IV mission in 1973.

Why would it make such a grandiose claim, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭micks_address

that is nice and only down the road from. me.. .might see if i can try it on

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@Lorddrakul - "Why would it make such a grandiose claim, I wonder?"

Inferiority complex. Hoping this dodgy claim gets more watches sold, taking away attention from the fact that the watch itself isn't all that desirable. Has been working great for Omega for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Very nice watch and the jumping centre minutes is a nice complication. I'm not left buy watches at the moment 😟

Stupid wife, stupid Solar panels and stupid redecorating plans....

All ruining my watch buying plans 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Due to my (not always strictly adhered to) policy of one-in, one-out, I'm going to put my Rolex Explorer 124270 up for sale. It is a 2022 model, with full box, papers, etc. It is the finest of a watch, but now replaced by something else. More pics available.

is that 36mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

No one? It really is a gorgeous watch. Hoping to do a deal on another watch in the next few days, so need all the incoming cash that I can get. Will do a good deal!

I also have a polar Explorer II 16570 from around 1999. The rare "SWISS" only dial. Box, but no papers. But obviously if you like you can have the watch verified before you buy. I love that watch. I think it's a gem, and it's super value for money for a sports Rolex. It's underrated. It feels too small for me too wear at 40mm with a 7.5-8mm wrist now that I'm used to much bigger watches. Was going to keep it as an investment but could do with raising cash, although now is not a good time to sell luxury watches. But a good time to buy one and I have my eye on an expensive one 😎

Any interest in that?

It's not advertised anywhere yet. And I'm not selling it either, unless I have a deal done on that other watch (hint: big hitter Rolex), but then I will have to raise cash quickly. Will update here if there are any changes.

any indication of asking price Unkel?

• Advertisement

Sure. I checked a few weeks ago, maybe prices are now different, so will need to check again, but this is what I usually do. I only look at watches in the EU. Then I only look at the cheapest one. I disregard any more expensive ones. The cheapest I could find with "SWISS" only dial but no box and no papers was €8k and the cheapest I could find with box and papers was €9k. So I guess a fair price would be somewhere in between

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭893bet

I do similar but lop another 20 or so percent off the cheapest one to cover the fees and negotiation. C24 is full on fantasy land.

Worth taking note the lowest is usually a dealer also. And private sale is obviously expected to be cheaper than that.

This same model? Dealer Italy. Assume 6.5 would buy it if you contacted outside c24 (subject to dealer checks etc).

Your link doesn't work, but thanks for your help!

20% off lower priced Rolex sports? It's not an Omega. Get me all you can for 20% off and I'll buy them all. Oh wait. I asked you this before and you couldn't produce then either...

Just checked and the cheapest now no box, no papers is a private sale in Italy for €7700 + shipping

cheapest with box and papers is dealer from Lithuania €8500 + shipping

I can do €7700 for mine

The 126660 Deepsea blue (James Cameron) is also going for the chop. Anyone interested PM me. But it will likely be gone early next week as I'm trading it in, so if interested, be quick.

i will explain to you again.

if the bottom price is a dealer On c24 (which it usually is) then I mean I need a private sale to be 20 percent cheaper to make sense to take that risk associated with a private sale. From that bottom price on c24 the dealer will take 5-10 percent off at least (thoug you will likely have to deal outside c24, no issue for a brick and mortar store though or someone with a big reputation)

And the then why buy private at that same price when I can maintain provenance by buying from a dealer?

So to me a private sale needs to be 20 percent less than the fantasy land c24.

Link working fine for me? Must be your browser

7210 from a dealer on c24 for the last 12 years!

Cheapest one is a private sale from Italy as I showed you. No box, no papers. Mine has box and is cheaper than that taking shipping into account. And you all know that buying from me in here is as good as buying from a dealer. I'll pay for Dawson's to verify the watch in the presence of both seller and buyer if buyer meets my asking price.

• Advertisement

No. The cheapest is the one I linked to. 7150 plus shipping. Unless we are valuing a box at like 500 quid 😀😀

Being “real” and having provenance are not the same thing. If someone takes the watch to Rolex to service in 12 months and it pops up as stolen are you going to refund?

Doubtful (and I wouldn’t expect you to, just to be clear, bought as seen etc in a private sale).

But a dealer should be refunding (though I am sure they would need persuasion).

Hence a private sale needs to be cheaper than a dealer.

Advertisement