Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Vin showing onboard the Hoegh Chiba alright, although VIN no longer showing in App / Account, but still in the background.

Standard order, white RWD, Black interior, with towbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

Just got my delivery date. March 22nd. White standard RWD ordered 13/1/23.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Same date, Blue standard RWD ordered 18/10/22.

Pain in the nads, as my sis will return from the earthquake zone early March to reclaim her 22 year old Audi A2 I've been using since I sold my ID.3. Great car (the a2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Delivery date 21th March original order was M3 in Oct 22 but changed to a Y with the 1st price drop

I feel ya. Sold id4 last week and back to one car household (ioniq 28kwh). As mentioned earlier in the thread I will be listening to the other half for years 🤔😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yep, going to be a 1 car household from next week for a month (hopefully). Going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

same story ID4 left today, to be fair the guy had it bought 3 weeks ago, so I was lucky to have it till now. Have borrowed a run around but not really suitable for a few kids. No date yet but its on the boat arriving in March. even if I had a date that might help my debate with herself 😩

Might try buzzing Tesla tomorrow to send me that fecking email.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

It really is poor that they couldn't have updated their estimated delivery window to a more realistic time frame on their website over the past two/three weeks. Before someone says, what are you complaining about, you could be waiting 2 years for X make and Model, this does not excuse Tesla for providing such inaccurate information. The excuse that it is only an estimate doesn't hold water either, as an estimate needs to be based on some form of reality. While it was obvious here that boat doesn't dock until 2 March, it still had a window beginning in mid to late Feb.

The other annoying thing is sending an email weeks out looking for payment in full in case it delays delivery when in reality prompt payment has no impact on delivery dates. Late payment will no doubt have an impact on pick up.

Not saying the traditional dealerships are any better, but this idea floated about a stress free buying experience with Tesla is a nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Who said anything about a stress free buying experience with Tesla? 😂

The one time I bought a car from them, it took weeks for the deal to go through and I was sweating until I had the keys in my hand. And that was a second hand car and it was in stock.

The "buy it now" bit is easy, same as buying a book on Amazon. The rest, not so much. But nowhere near as bad as pretty much any other automaker where the car still has to be manufactured at the time you buy it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

stress free purchase and Tesla in the same sentence. I don’t think any Tesla owner has ever put those 2 words in a sentence together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NecronMF9

Got delivery date for 25th March (I could choose between 22-25th) all standard MY ordered November’22, but still no VIN on the app (but hidden), is on the Heogh Chiba.

Fair enough on the stress free and Tesla purchase piece on here but elsewhere it is peddled. These threads have been brilliant for explaining the process and steps as well as providing generally very sound advice.

Small changes (that cost nothing) to Tesla's comms would improve things dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

To be fair it was very stress free for me last February when I ordered a Model 3. Was told it would be April or May delivery but an inventory car popped up, gave Cork a call and they transferred deposit to this. Car collected 1st march. Couldn’t have been easier ..

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Got my date. Decision time ⏲️

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Still nothing for the order made on the 14th. Black, RWD, standard wheels. No hidden VIN, no updates and no comms. So unless there are cancellations this will be the next ship even though the app still showing Feb-Mar. Definitely having a bit of better tracking would help as would know when to sell our car which we need. The wait continues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sit tight, there will be plenty of cancellations, plenty

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Anyone looking for insurance, someone on the Model 3 thread mentioned Campion insurance. I tried them online they didn't have a Model Y to select from so just entered 3 SR+ and got €543 all in. Can't see the Y being much different and it's the best quote I've got so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

That's a result, looks like you got in there just in time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

My rwd order from Jan was pushed out from Mar to apr-may. Now is back to march and today a text to say arranging delivery date .no vin showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Test drove MY RWD today, can't get over the amount of space in the car. Sound system is very impressive and general quality and feel of the car felt premium.

Lads in Tesla said there is a strong possibility of an additional ship arriving end April, Early May to meet with demand.

There are 2.5k cars on the boat, it lands n Belgium and then cars are put on other boat to Ireland.

He said demand is very strong since price drop.

He gave me a few tips on how to increase chances for cancellation and or Inventory.

From previous experience of this board, any idea % of cancelled orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Buy white with 18 inch wheels and black interior maybe

From mine and others' on here experience of the lads in Tesla, they mean well but tend to know very little on what is actually going on with orders and supply.

You will get far better info from reading and keeping an eye on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭The Mist

I don't think so, i ordered that on the 17th of Jan. I went to Tesla in cork on the 31st then for a test drive and told them I'd take any config if that meant securing a car in March.

On the 1st of Feb coincidentally, the day after, people started to get vins, early on the 2nd then, Tesla rang me and asked if I'd take white on white (instead of black seats), which i agreed to.

So i assume there are no Sr white exterior and black interior with Geminis unassigned, otherwise I'd feel cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Duine_Eigin

Bit miffed that I still haven't gotten my delivery date. Exact same spec as you but I ordered three months before you in October after the first price drop. I have a hidden vin and I've signed the SEAI form but nothing else since. I thought they would be offering delivery dates based on when you placed your order. Doesn't seem to be any logic to it though. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, wouldn't blame you. I assumed they had a pretty sophisticated and logical system in place with delivery allocations and communications however it is all over the place and they seem to just be making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I think there's a few of us like that, ordered oct/Nov still no date. I will say I do have a white interior, was thinking that could have been enough to have me at the back. But its prob more pot luck. I did ring but I knew it would be a waste of time. He tried the old 'Ill make a note of it' chestnut. Just a waiting game and hopefully we won't be into April with available slots.

In a shite position with the ID4 gone, wonder when we get a slot would they allow swaps it if suited someone to collected later (Like if they were still trying to sell their bus). Or it could be the car simply won't be there until whatever date I get.... Don't know how the transit from Belgium works

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

I’m looking at the non confirmed delivery date another way: it gives more time to decide on RWD vs LR

so the later the pickup date for RWD then hopefully i will get something confirmed for LR order before RWD pickup date.

also have just started looking to offload my Audi Q4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

bit disappointed that they will call some people and not others, must have told Tesla on 3 separate occasions well before Jan 31st, I'd take a different colour instead of black..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't blame you, I'd be annoyed too. Hopefully it's on the boat and just haven't contacted you yet. You would expect that it would be on a first come first served basis. I've been getting numerous repeat emails from tesla re SEAI grant even though I completed it and returned it on day of receipt. Even got an email on February 1st requesting full payment, which didn't happen. I'll pay when it appears on my account about 10 days before delivery I'm told.

Advertisement