Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

What's the lead time at the moment for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

We put deposit down at end of November. Windsor had only gotten the demo model 2 days before. We were told delivery would be late Feb/early March. So fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Tbf that's approx €18pw or approx €2.50 per day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Went for a viewing / test drive this morning. Beautiful looking car, and lovely to drive, plenty of power, smooth and very quiet. Its a good but smaller than I thought, quite cramped in the back in terms of feet and head room. There was a golf caddy in the boot so hard to tell the space but looked decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

In this video, Guillaume reviews the Renault Megane E-Tech while comparing it to his Tesla Model 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Test drive this weekend so can conpare against the MG4 I recently tried. I suspect I will like the Megane but trying to keep an open mind.

We might be getting ours sooner than anticipated. Dealer rang Friday to say its in Rosslare. He was finalising everything with SEAI grant & registering it so should hopefully have reg soon.

Anyone have any idea how long it would usually take to get from port to dealership?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I saw a load of them heading up the M9 the other day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's great. What colour did you go for?

Do post a picture for us all when you get a chance.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ooh this makes me excited. Dying to get more concrete information about when we get to pick it up.

Will do. We went for Midnight blue with black roof. We have a bit of a thing for blue cars in this house. I do think the metallic grey with black roof is fab also.

• Advertisement

Just got the call. She is ready for collection....

Test drive this morning. Techno 60kw in shadow grey ordered. Late Feb/Early March delivery.

For me a better feel and drive to the MG4 I had on order.

Pick her up this morning.

So far so good. Dealer even gave us a bottle of wine & chocolates.

Looking forward to having a proper play around with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Saw my first one out and about on the road - in Airside Swords. It was a sort of light grey Audi-ish colour. Looked well!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That is beautiful. Well wear. I hope she is reliable for you and ye get lots of motoring joy out of it. Love the alloys too.

Do share here too,

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

For anyone considering a new Megane it appears to be rather disingenuous that Renault have a new price list on their site dated feb1 2023 that fails to mention that the base and mid models are gone up approx 1500€ each. Was in dealer in south of country during week and he quoted 48750 for a techno 60kw battery dual colour including delivery and 45000 for base model equilibre, one colour metallic inc delivery.   

On website they are techno 45295, delivery 850 and two colour 1225. Total price 47340.  

equilibre is 41995, 850 delivery and 650 single colour metallic. Total price 43450

https://cdn.group.renault.com/ren/ie/transversal-assets/brochures/car-ebrochures/Renault-Pricelist-January-2023.pdf

Does anyone that has one ordered been made aware of this? Dealer quoted mid march for delivery. He stated prices went up “in January”. I see there were approx 107 Megane sold in January, did anyone have to pay extra?  Also of interest he said all dealers will be getting a base 40kw equilibre in April time.

Zoe prices have also gone up and the top spec including metallic and delivery is now 39900 euro with no idea as when they will be available. Zoe prices on website are correct. Crazy times

Post edited by liamog on

We ordered end of November & got car in mid January. When we were collecting the car the dealer did say that prices were going up.

More expensive than the 60kWh Model 3 which is better spec'd and more efficient

More efficient - yes (but not by that much), cheaper - no, better specc'ed - debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,077 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Model 3 is €44,990 so the Techno is more expensive and the Equilibre is slightly cheaper.

I'm not sure what spec is on the Mégane but does it have leather seats, heated rear seats etc?

The Model 3 is also a more spacious car and faster (with the added benefit of rear wheel drive) than the Mégane.

• Advertisement

Tesla seat covers in a model 3 are not leather, unless you've had them replaced of course. They might call them "Vegan leather" or some such which is a convoluted way of saying not leather. As for the rest of the spec - meh, especially those bits of spec that Tesla have cut back on recently, such as removing Radar & relying purely on cameras, which isn't working so well now several people in USA have died due to Tesla's not "seeing" their vehicles. Also I'm sure all those owners who took bought and received just before the price drop are really happy with their value drop.

If I wanted a Tesla I'd buy one, but they just don't appeal - for a variety of reasons, some of which are above.

Top on the list for me is electric seats with memory, the Megane doesn't have this in Ireland - actually very few cars have this available. It's on all Tesla's and linked to the driver profile/key.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw my first one last week, had garage stickers on side. It is smaller than I expected, wasn't mad on the high window line. Think I prefer the ID.3 to be honest.

Hope the car is a success, a great need for more quality cars in this segment. But anyone interested in buying one would be mad to pay the list price. They probably aren't interested in discounting, but at least work on a better trade in price. There is no comparison between a Tesla Model 3 and the Renault Megane E-Tech. ( I had an ID.3 and now a Model 3 so perhaps a little biased)😉

I've tested the Megane, Model 3 & MG4. Drive wise the Megane was 1 followed by the Tesla and trailing was the MG4. The drive in the Megane is just so smooth. It's one of the things Renault is renowned for. Acceleration is spritely to - not as quick as the Tesla for sure but not that far behind and better than the MG. It's not that small inside and yes it has a high waist and wide C pillar but then again I'm driving a C-HR at present and that's no different.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got told yesterday by a Southside dealer that the Megane price increase was pushed out to 1 March, other non EV cars in the brand went up 1 Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive had this on a few of my cars starting with my BMW M3, Its a nonsense electrical seats will always be slower to get into position than me simply moving my seat back and forward. It will only ever be a please dont have it option for me as i detest the wait. People drastically overplay the use case for electric seats. Heated seats now, im your man sign me up all day long. Ventilated ones even better. By electric and memory. Bleh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'd have been the same re. memory seats as yourself, I'm slightly taller than my wife but she has better legs than me so are a bit longer. Sharing cars has ever have been an issue in any of the cars we own. However she changed car recently and I don't like the seat and steering wheel setup she favours on her new one and had thought memory seats would be great now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

I'm often described as a curmudgeon that resists new car gizmos😁 In the case of electric seats I would agree they are slow and cumbersome to adjust if you share car with someone who uses significantly different settings. That is where the memory settings option is a great advantage. TBF I ignored this option for 2 years on my current car until my wife gave out that it took ages to get her seat right each time I used it. So to reduce complaints I set up both our seat settings and also activated the easy exit option. Easiest brownie points ever😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

One of the cars in her short list had the easy exit option, again something I could do with now as I hit my knee off the steering wheel every time I get in as the seat is lower than what I'd have it at. I think I'm precariously circling the drain of opting for cross overs when I next change my own as I'm now a middle aged crank complaining about stepping down into cars not being good for my back.

All her cars have had electric seats, none of mine ever had, and up until this point the only people to use them once beyond when the seats are first set up are the kids messing around with them when they're in the passenger seats.

• Advertisement

It's not really a "wouldn't it be nice" for me. We have a significant height difference between us, and I have back problems so need to get position right.

Advertisement