Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Tiernan WLRFM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Why are you obsessed about where she is? and why is it any of your businees?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im commenting on it. A lot of people have noticed how strange it is that somebody who was such a prominent member of the team just vanished overnight with no mention of it whatsoever. It would be like Tommy Tiernan suddenly presenting The Late Late Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

When you leave a job the remaining staff don't spend their time talking about you. It is not strange that the people in WLR don't mention somebody who left the company, regardless of the circumstances of her leaving. It’s actually a bit weird that you think they should be talking about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

It's been said on here before- there's a non disclosure order so the matter can't be discussed by order of a court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

Questions could also be asked about all the changes in the news room since Liz left and even the sudden death of Billy McCarthy. For years it was Liz, Sinead Ahearn, Mark Power or Anthony McFeely. All of a sudden there is someone new coming in. Have heard Nigel Kelly and Gavin Whelan from the sports team even read the news from time to time. Other days it is a case of bringing in someone for a day here and there.

Who remembers G.A.A. Correspondent Jim Joe Landers leaving over night and not get a mention again. Wasn’t Rick Whelan got ridden of at one stage but he was brought back. And there was a lad from Tramore, I cant think of his first name, but I think his surname is Graham who was also moved on.

Rick Whelan has a job for life in WLRFM because of his surname, despite the fact that he is at best a very mediocre DJ. In any other job where his brother isnt an owner he would be out on his ear.

Who knows whats going on behind closed doors. The management may have a feel for a certain person or people, they may want to try a few new directions but quickly dump the people involved when it doesnt work out.

Another girl used to be very good at reading out the news Sinead Ahern, havent heard her in ages too.

Does councillor Adam Wyse work for WLRFM? and is that not a conflict of interest? having a politician working in the local media?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As far as I know he left there a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

some lads very hung up on a **** radio station. turn the dial and listen to something else

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I had a run in with this group probably a year ago.

Totally unprofessional & complete amatuers.

Mary Roche worked there in the past didn't she.

Yes she worked a lot on Waterford at 8, which was an hour long show about current events and sport in Waterford, it was a good laugh at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus 'Waterford At 8' some blast from the past there. That channel with the 'Power Ballads' and all the local advertisments was good and a real Nostalgia blast

There's a load of episodes of Waterford @8 on YouTube. Interesting to see how much the city has changed since early 00's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Grumpiest poster award ...goes to ....................

😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Hodger

Some people are likely not aware Damien Tiernan appeared in a video on a poltical parties facebook page to help promote an upcoming protest.

The ongoing protests in parts of Dublin over migration everyone has their own views as its a divisive issue.

However a radio show or tv talkshow presenter such as Damien Tiernan should be neutral and Impartial in any issues relating to politics by the very fact appeared in that video he has shown he is not neutral.

I cannot recall any Wlr radio presenter appearing a political party video to help promote a particular cause or particular protest; like imagine during the repeal referendum which was divisive if a local Wlr radio presenter appeared in a poltical party video promoting a yes vote or a no vote; such a move would of shown the presenter wasn,t being neutral.

Go away and **** off and compare this to the repeal referendum. We have a bunch of right wing fascists' sparking up hatred in our society. I'm delighted someone grew a set of balls in WLR and came out and supported a particular cause. BTW this isn't a first for someone from WLR. The late Billy McCarthy also supported the Same-sex marriage referendum.

You have a lovely manner lad....

'Sparking up hatred' ?

which side drove a car into a peaceful protest?

• Advertisement

In the past month someone from each side has been brought before the courts only one this week, there are extremists on both sides of each protest faction.

A poll just released this week 83% polled don,t believe the state can cope with unlimited refugees.

Yes i can remember the evening Vincent Browne came to the tower hotel to host the peoples debate and I do recall the Billy Mccarthy speaking in favour of a yes vote. What I don,t recall is any Wlr radio show host appearing in a political party video openly supporting a particular protest or cause, like for example regarding the poll I just referenced how can anyone trust Damien Tiernan to cover or talk about the poll and people,s concerns in a neutral Impartial manner on his show given that he agreed to appear in a political party video on the very subject.

Here, you're talking rubbish! You are interoperating that poll to your idiotic beliefs.

That doesn't say 83% of people are in agreement of you're anti refugee views, it just says 83% don't agree with the current policy and 83% of people are actually uneducated because we don't have an "open door/ unlimited refugee" policy. That's fact!

What ?!?

the other poster , Hodger , stated word for word what is said on the piece, and you say the report doesnt say that ??

"Red C poll reveals 83% believe state can’t cope with Open Borders/unlimited refugees & 44% say it reduces access for family members to services."

Wheres the ambiguity in that ?

But what you take from it is :

"83% of people are actually uneducated"

Stop letting your clear anger cloud your ability to read facts... It might make you look 'uneducated' ........

For anyone who reads my actual post I didn,t express any " anti refugee " view; I referenced a recent poll this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

Not a fan of the chap but fair play to him for standing for decency rather than hate on this topic. Dont see why a radio station needs to stay neutral when it comes to fascism/racism.

Facism/racism - just different/buzz words to use instead of "Groups of people that can see taking in unlimited amounts of foreign nationals (not all are refugees) will not work for a country with a housing and hospital crisis that isnt being dealt with by their government"

Some people prefer to use sensationalist wording though .....

He needs a month in a relaxing 5 star hotel to calm his nerves. He gets weirdly angry over the slightest of things connected to wlrfm. Most likely had his cv thrown in the bin when he applied for a job there.

Funnily enough all the people I know who are part of those "groups of people" happen to be rampant racists. Just a coincidence? You can try all you want with your faux concern about the Irish homeless and healthcare etc but all right thinking people know exactly what the root of your protests are. It's the same with the far right all over the world, our Irish fash are no different. The mask has come off publicly aswell in the last couple of days with you lads celebrating the arrival of unvetted military age criminal Tommy Robinson on our shores. Know someone by the company they keep

"Funnily enough all the people I know who are part of those "groups of people" happen to be rampant racists"

Yep , that sounds 100% true (to suit your rant) ...... 🙄

Its not faux concern -

If you cant see the housing crisis in Ireland along with the health'care' system along with waiting lists, then you are either blinkered, bewildered or just blinded by wokism and the need to be with the latest 'ism' word being bandied about ......

• Advertisement

When lads start mentioning "wokeism" you know it's time to step away from the argument 🤦🏾‍♂️ get yourself out of the rabbit hole and get a life for yourself, it must be miserable down there constantly unearthing new conspiracy theories. Over and Out.

Advertisement