Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson V15 Detect Abs Cordless Vacuum 441.99

• 04-02-2023 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Dyson V15 Detect Abs Cordless Vacuum on the Dyson Irish Outlet is €449.99 - or €441.99 if you order through Revolut app (*) - been looking for a replacement for our old Dyson and this is cheapest I've seen the top model.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/314281865454 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/314281865454 (Says New - but box might be marked - 2 years warranty - lots in stock - two weeks free delivery)

In Powercity today and it was €700 euros (link) - €740 on Dysons (link) Website

(*)Possibly only .com gets the ebay/revolut cashback?? Don't know - but I added Irish one to cart and then used revolut app to go to ebay.com and pay for it? - Worked for me.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ekano

Purchased one there, thanks OP!

Cordless hoovers are a complete waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,468 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thanks OP. Just purchased one there now, should make hoovering the car so much easier without the need for extension leads, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mine arrived today already (5 days to arrive) - new sealed in box. Impressive array of attachments - No issues.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭GIMP

Nonsense! they are a game changer around the house, they make daily vacuuming much easier than dragging a tank of a yoke around with a cord attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

We have a few dysons, few issues with them. Do people service then?

Dont know- whats wrong with it? usually they can be fixed by taking appart as much as possible- washing and drying it. Fixes pulsing etc.

The filters can get blocked if you hoover very fine stuff- i blocked my old one hoovering plaster :/ but filters are easily washed or there aftermarket replacments on amazon for a tenner or so. And its like new again. Note:Some filters are not obvious.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ur2008

Can I ask a stupid question please. What’s the difference between the two links? They are the same model right? Why different price? Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭amber2

@ur2008 One link is .com and the other.ie, they are the same item see the item number. If you have Revolut you can get 2% cash back once you activate eBay link through the shops icon in The Hub.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ur2008

Thank you 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I was sceptical at first. However you can zip around the whole place fairly quickly and clean up all that day-to-day dirt.

They don't have amazing suction. They are not a direct replacement for traditional corded vacuum for heavy cleaning or cleaning a car. Think of them as a replacement for a sweeping brush.

I use mine twice per day. I use the corded vacuum maybe once a month.

All I need to do is to keep the filter clean, empty the bin regularly, remove any trapped paper/sweet wrappers etc. to help with suction. Dyson support is excellent if anything goes wrong (I cracked a part by being too rough and they replaced it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,930 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks OP had an old drag along Dyson so this looks decent. Looks like An Post will do the delivery was hoping DHL would delivery and you could track it. Did anyone who received theirs get it via an post and how long from placing order?

Thanks

If you ordered bright and early you could get dispatch this afternoon and have it next working day. If not Dispatch next day and delivered following day. Anything I purchased Tracking wasn’t available and delivery was An Post.

Thanks Just ordered in the last hour so probably dispatched on Monday delivery Tuesday.

For those who received their V15 how are you finding it and are you happy with it. I've mostly hardwood floors with carpeted stairs so hope it works well.

Took 5 delivery days for me.

Ill list all these things that come to mind - but some are probably obvious stuff.

Its best left set on "Automatic" - then it uses lower power until it detects a dusty spot and "ups" the power boost itself - that way you easily get 45 minutes out of a charge rather than the 10mins we got with our old dyson - as we used to use that always on max.

Its very powerful and cleans very well. The Laser head is very addictive :) That head works best on hardwood floors and highlights any dust in a way that makes sure you clean it up. The other big head best for carpets. The little motorised triangle head maybe is just ok - maybe not as good as older style small equivalent head imo - havn't used other heads yet.

Its compatible with V10 attachments - we have a few like a flexible car cleaner attachment which we can use.

Do make sure to take the time to mount it properly on the wall - just two screws - makes it so much more accessible and usable - Ive seen some in houses on floor plugged in on a trailing wire like a phone - makes it less likely to pick it up or that it will be always charged.

Only downside is it is a bit heaver and longer than our worn out V10 - which was a bit easier to work around tight spaces like a car etc. but not hugely so- its worth it for the extra battery times.

Also - came with no instructions - they could have given a leaflet on how to empty it at least, maybe a guide on best use of the attachments - anyway Push the "Red Lever Down" to empty. Plenty instructions and vids online of course.

Really pleased with it though - great vacuum.

“Roll it back”

@ozmo Thank you for your overview of the V15, very informative.

Here is the manual I think should have been with the V15... Definitely wasnt in my box - just a warranty card - maybe a mistake? - anyone else missing their manual? Some important things there - like how to completely remove the dustbin - as fluff does get caught in there and wont empty. And which filters you can wash. Probably best as a pdf anyway.

https://www.dyson.com/content/dam/dyson/maintenance/user-guides/en_US/vacuumcleaners/stick-vacuums/sv22/368340-01.pdf

“Roll it back”

I think The manual is downloaded from a QR code stuck on the box.

Good indepth independent review here and some pointers about using it and watch out you don't hit the power button when emptying it

Can't embed video but follow the link it will open on YouTube

It's a pain for such an expensive purchase they don't give you tracking info for An Post. I've messaged them to ask but doubt they will respond so just have to hang around and wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered a spare battery for a V6 recently, no tracking on the email (approx midnight Tues) and it arrived yesterday morning. Came from Rathcoole. The tracking is on the box sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Ordered it Tuesday. Arrived today.

Very little wrong with the box. A small tear. So can't get over the fact it feels too good a deal to be true.

Hoover is perfect. Charged and worked away.

Thanks Ozmo

Still no sign of mine. Getting worried now as most of you on here get theirs within a couple of days and I ordered mine last Friday so not sure what I can do if it doesn't turn up next week, the customer service can only tell me it shipped out last Friday they gave a tracking number that is invalid on the AnPost website,

Just wondering did everyone's unit ship from within Ireland? Did they all ship from Dyson Repair centre in Rathcoole which is literally 6KM from my house or did some of your deliveries ship from say the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

Thanks OP!! 👌

After much chasing I finally got my V15 this morning. Original order seems to be not valid on their system.

But just my luck within 5 minutes of turning it on I get a clean filter message. Filter is spotless. Quick Google shows up as an issue with a faulty sensor. Have opened a chat with their support and waiting for a response. Just my luck 😭

Anyone else get this fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jc64

I had the exact same issue. Sent it back and it was replaced, courier picks it up and then a new one sent out. Pain in the backside and the quality checking is not great, but the one I have now is perfect.

Did you have to repack all the accessories that's not going back in the box the way I got it, surely they should just send out a replacement head

I'm on a whatsapp chat with them now

Quick google shows this annoying video - says the filter might have come loose in transit - you need press it on properly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfDLLVufCK8&ab_channel=HelpfulDIY

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Thanks but that is a different issue this is sealed but coming up the filter needs to be washed and cleaned

Dyson are sending out a new head so will see if I get a good one from reading Reddit it's taking two or three replacements before they got a good one.

Below is someone on YouTube with same issue

Advertisement