Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl LVII Thread - Chiefs v Eagles

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What I'm saying is it's totally different because Brady knows he had a free play so it was never going to be an interception. Unless you are now claiming to be Nostradamus there's no way you can say that Brady was going to make that throw if there wasn't a flag.

As for Brady getting sacked, he is great at moving around the pocket and very aware of when the sack is coming. He'll likely get rid of it before the sack gets there.

Mahomes threw the ball away not knowing there was a flag on the play.

They are not comparable situations.

And offsides is always called. Minor holding is rarely called. Go look at the Superbowl again and count how many times holding wasn't flagged including more egregious holds. If there was consistency I wouldn't have a problem with it but there certainly was no consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Brady makes that pass 99 times out of 100. It was an incredibly easy, very short pass to a wide open player. Having a free play made absolutely no difference in that situation unless you believe Brady purposefully threw a hospital pass for no apparent benefit to anyone aside from your argument a few years later.

So now you’ve changed your tune and want only select types of clear penalties ignored, coincidentally ones that haven’t benefited your team recently…

I’m done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are ridiculous. Flag thrown before Brady throws the ball. You are saying there's no doubt Brady throws that ball and you've no proof of that. At no stage have I claimed anything about whether the flag should be thrown or not.

All I've said is Brady knows he has a free play because the flag has been thrown before he decides where he's going to pass the ball. Unless you are in Brady's mind you haven't a clue if he was throwing that ball or not.

In this Superbowl Mahomes has thrown the ball away before the flag comes out. Mahomes has no intention of throwing the ball to JuJu. JuJu is not affected by the minor hold.

There's no comparison between these two plays. You need to realise that.

Advertisement