Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Love start here in Galway, been out for a walk and a swim (house has indoor pool) so relaxing how having a coffee with the adults while kids play board games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I forgot for a second that you're away and was like 'oooh TRS's house has an indoor pool, fancy'. 😁

Youngest did say they were going to ask Santa for a swimming pool!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Quick everyone around to TRS’ house…. Party!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How is everyone doing today?

Today is my Friday so I have that Friday feeling! February is moving at pace! Tomorrow 4 weeks is Paddy's day as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

WFH today as I was meant to be on site this afternoon with a client located a 5 minute drive from my house, but they cancelled earlier so am in the home office for the day instead now. Have Christmas FM classical on in the background to keep me company. Less jingles on it i've noticed and the playlist has been better but its a nice easy listen. In saying that, think I'll change over for the rest of the afternoon though to symphonyFM or suchlike.

Btw, Wednesday week is March 1st, that's day 299 on the countdown and whilst its the shortest period of time to the 100 milestones (299,199,99) psychologically it feels longer and its always good to have it in the rear view mirror!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Back home today so long day, packing, traveling, stopped on way for bite to eat and a walk and all unpacked and stuff put away.

Nice to have a few days at home before back to work so looking forward to a few quiet days.

Fate has dealt its fickle hand! After being indifferent to getting the COVID booster, OH has just tested positive! Hopefully I can avoid it so can look after things.

its still rampant out there. A good few in the office struck down with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Yes, girl in work who is only in her twenties got it 2 weeks ago and she was quite sick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

We all have bad colds but thankfully testing -ve for Covid (so far).

This time has wiped the OH more then last time. I joked it was because she was older, didn’t go down well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Rookie mistake😄

The term lead ballon was appropriate 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope Mrs. TRS is on the mend & that the rest of you don't get it!

Had a lovely few days off and back to the grindstone today, but plenty to look forward to in March! March is a month of birthdays in our family so we've a few nice days ahead to look forward to!

We've had the same, about 5 or 6 out with it over the last 2-3 weeks. Vast majority kept working from home whilst isolating but 1 had it bad and was out of the game for about 2 weeks.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Thanks CL. She is feeling a bit better, just still very tired. I tested myself this morning and was negative and tested the Elves as well and all negative so far so all off to school today as normal.

We have a few birthday as well over the next few weeks starting this Saturday so looking forward to a few get togethers as well.

Less than 4 weeks to Paddy's day and 6 weeks to the Easter Holidays for those with school going kids. Wednesday week is the first of March, love Feb a nice short snappy month.

Treated myself to a long weekend with taking Friday off, had a lovely day off, took the doggos to the beach and the weather was lovely and mild, then to the cinema with the Mrs. nice to get out and do something.

I headed down south then Saturday to visit the parents, last time I saw them was at Christmas and while that wasn't that long ago it felt like a long distant memory. Christmas 2022 feels like a life time ago.

Sounds like a nice, well deserved long weekend.

• Advertisement

Pancakes for breakfast was a bad idea. Full to the gills now 🤢

The kids asked for them when they got up, but the Mrs held firm, so when they come home from school their snack will be pancakes! I'd normally only have 1 so will wait until I get home from training later, then its lemon & sugar filled pancake with a hot mug of tea...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That's way too much organisation first thing in the morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Pancake Day! Ours will probably be sick of pancakes before they get home. We had a note from the school to say that they will be making pancakes & the creche normally do them for tea as well so they probably won't want more when they get home. We have pancakes on a regular enough basis so they aren't the novelty that they were when we were kids I suppose.

Happy Pancake Day all. Kids got half a one in their lunch box and we'll have the rest of them after dinner later, even though I suspect they will get some in after school, I'm sure they will have room for more! I was getting all the topping they wanted in the car to school earlier, all seemed to involve chocolate spread.

I'm a chocolate spread man on one and a lemon and sugar man on a second haha

Then stick them together and eat like a hamburger 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just made American style thick pancakes and had them with maple syrup - delicious but I doubt I'll get off the couch for a while 😀.

• Advertisement

I did the American style pancakes as well this year, they're lovely but so filling, will revert back to the crepe style next year I think.

Advertisement