Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I drove past a funeral in a church today just after it ended. About 20 to 30 people outside doing the usual chat. Mostly men. About 1 or 2 of them were dressed properly i.e. a shirt and tie. Most were wearing jeans and casual clothes. Do people not have standards any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it can depend on the person who is being buried. I've noticed if a person has battled an illness and had time to plan their funeral there will often be a direction of "bright colours" no "doom and gloom" wanting a proper party send off . So maybe that's what happened there

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The missus had one of her friends staying over last night. Had a ton of jobs to do today so started with the power washing at half 7 this morning and out she came giving out. Wasn't her best idea as she was put back in her place fairly quickly. You don't be telling someone what to do in their own house

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just joining in on the funeral thing, i now see video footage of the funeral, as in proper videographer present, is becoming popular and i can't figure out why on earth that is the case..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Grocery shopping in Dunnes with two ahead of me.

The couple being checked out had a small child with them probably 3 or 4.

Child was standing in the the grocery packing area of the till with filthy shoes on jumping and dancing.

Lovely little girl, but shoes used to walk roads should not be near food.

It might be used as a way for the family to erm remember? I don't know. Or maybe to show people who couldn't be there. It wouldn't be for me that's for sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can see a limited interest in that i'm just finding it odd that there are clips up on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,641 ✭✭✭standardg60

Charity ads, what is the story with them always sounding like they're coming down a phoneline? Surely the person speaking isn't actually on the ground in the midst of the emergency and is in a studio making it sound like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Eh no, just feck me into the fire and have a pint 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

The CLANG sound in volume settings on windows. Its a gong or whatever, CLOONG, its the most fecking annoying sound anyone could choose. And its the standard setting.

If you're playing a song loud and you adjust the windows volume bar it would frighten the shyte out of you and step all over the beat.

Cant seem to change it either.

Microsoft has the uncanny ability to make the end user as uncomfortable as possible. And always want you to make a sign in for this or that piece of redundant bloatware sht. Like sign up for microsoft image saver, it lets you save images. Sign up for microsoft mouse to use your mouse exactly as you already do but with an account. Fck off annoying me about the cloud and cloud accounts.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'll add people taking death bed photos and photos of the deceased in the coffin and posting them to social media.

It's so disrespectful and an abhorrent example of attention seeking behaviour. Thankfully, it's rare, but I've seen a few people do it and I'm not on a lot of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A very particular thing I noticed in America. Photos of the corpse in their coffin.

Wow thought the photos had long gone.. I do remember reading about photos of deceased from over a hundred years ago which made more sense, can't see why it's done now.

My TA is a wee knot or pain in my upper back that won't quit sinced i wrenched it a few weeks ago. Painful reminders often. 😣

• Honestly just the last bit is a real annoyance. You need an account for everything because your data is gold.

that said most accounts that are free (ie the indo requires you to sign in to read some articles now.. free ones..) I will not use my actual info because it’s either being sold or could be stolen.

These were young lads dressed like they were popping down to the pub for a quick. I doubt anybody left funeral directions that said dress scruffy.

Worse than that I've seen people taking selfies with the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just wondering if they were at the funeral or just stopped when they saw it? ie what we call gawpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Feeling utterly exhausted at the weekend. And having loads of **** to do that I just can't face.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In "I hate everything" mode the past few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bath bombs. Specifically ones given to kids by relatives. My arms are covered in glitter.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who phone you at 09.55 am on Sunday morning… ill be up awake for a further 13 - 14 hours. So can whatever ( it was in no way important or time critical ) just not wait till a bit later…

All bar 1 or 2 were dressed improperly. They couldn't all have been gawpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you put one of those cistern blocks in the toilet, and for the first few flushes there is only slight colouration of the water as it starts to dissolve, followed by 2-3 flushes where practically the remaining 90% of the block has dissolved into the water and you need to replace it with a new one - what a waste. I feel like we need a dedicated chamber within the toilet that can be easily refilled and which releases a fixed amount of cleaning fluid along with the flush when the handle/button is pressed - or even as part of the valve system which refills the cistern after a flush and stops when the water reaches the top.

Sorry if I've put you off your Sunday lunch 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just had the Jehovah's witnesses at the door. Now I don't mind anyone calling but when I say I'm not interested that means time to go. and not to continue talking as one did.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Next time try and sell them double glazing or whatever rubbish was delivered with the post that day. Those leaflets have to come in handy for something...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Snobby young horsey wan down the road never even speaks when I hold up my dog when she's going past on her pony. Yesterday I yelled THANK YOU as she passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Any time Jehovah's Witnesses have come to my house, they'd say "Would like to read our leaflet about [whatever]?", to which I'd say "Yeah, okay", they'd give me the leaflet, and then leave. My trivial annoyance is they've never put any effort into converting me. Was I too quick to take the leaflet? Do I not look like somebody they'd want on their team? Why won't they give me the hard sell?!?

I feel rejected...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Very short of jersey work trousers, so I bought some online.

I don't know if I tried them on ahead of having them turned up, picked them up yesterday. The length is perfect but the shape makes them impossible to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement