Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2023

Options
  • 31-01-2023 5:53pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Event takes place on 18th February 2023 in Montreal Canada.

Currently announced card is

Undisputed Universal WWE Championship: Roman Reigns (c) VS Sami Zayn

Elimination Chamber match for the US Title: Austin Theory (c) VS Seth Rollins VS Johnny Gargano VS Bronson Reed VS Damian Priest VS Montez Ford

Elimination Chamber match to determine the number one contender to the WWE RAW Women's Championship: Raquel Rodriguez VS Nikki Cross VS Liv Morgan VS Asuka VS Natalya VS Carmella

Finn Balor & Rhea Ripley VS Edge & Beth Phoenix

Bobby Lashley VS Brock Lesnar

Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm guessing Bobby Lashley will be added to IC EC unless Lesnar takes him out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But they usually only have the 2 Chamber matches. One for the men and one for the women.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes I forgot what title Theory had, whoops

Gunther Vs. Lesnar or Drew? KO Vs. Solo?

With only 1 spot being decided in the match next week, who will the final woman be? Shayna?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gunther VS Sheamus 3 is my bet at Mania. Lesnar and Lashley are already knee deep in the build for their match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Shayna, Lacey, outside chance of Ronda though that makes no sense really with the Charlotte issues still unresolved. As long as it's not feckin Botchzi (Shotzi) it doesn't really matter cos I reckon bar a wild pivot it'll be Bianca/Asuka at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The Smackdown side are kind if getting shafted here as the 2 chamber matches are for Raw.

I know they will have the Bloodline story but thought they would have a Chamber match too. I guess they are kind of caught with Rhea going for Charlotte and just having 1 world title but could have had an IC chamber match in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't see it as being shafted; Raw hasn't had a world champion for a year at the expense I've furthering the No 1 story in the company, while the SD's women's match is set. Raw needs a strong showing at EC.

Gunther will probably have a title defence of some description I expect. The Smackdown women's division is a dumpster fire of awfulness and the best parts (Liv and Raquel) already in the Raw women's chamber match so it's grand more or less.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jey to turn on Sami to cost him the match leading to the tag title match at WM? I'd love to see a similar scenario like the triple threat match at WM 20 where Sami somehow gets into the match like HBK did but sadly he will be reduced to tag titles which is a pity as he deserves the WM shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

The DUI appears on-screen causing distracted Zayn to fall off the turnbuckle into a spear.

Card shaping up quite nicely now after Raw. Lesnar and Lashley at EC opens up some intriguing possibilities for Lesnar at Mania

I hope Sami and Montez win but doubtful as Heyman Rhodes confrontation promos kinda pretty much confirmed Reigns vs. Cody at WM for the title(s)

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Zayn isn't winning unless it's by DQ or count-out.

But keep him preoccupied after with the Usos till the Money in the Bank match maybe?

Gonna be One Night Stand levels of heat for Roman tonight. Genuinely feels like a mini WrestleMania based off one match.

I'm thinking Theory and Raquel for the Chamber winners.

Montez is in there as the token high flyer to do any spots from top of the pods or the chamber roof.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In fairness the entire card is stacked. Looking forward to Lesnar/Lashley. Should be a fun short match. And the US title chamber match will be decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

12am- Pre show

1am-3.45am- main show

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

I usually only stay up for Wrestlemania but I’ve decided to stay up and watch this tonight.

That closing segment last night on Smackdown with Sami was once again incredible.

If Vince was in charge of creative tonight I would not expect Sami to win, but with HHH I have hope. He has allowed this Bloodline story to grow and grow and grow and become absolutely enormous. I think he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Do the right thing Hunter and give Sami the strap tonight. We all want that pop….it will be Mankind winning the title levels of a pop. Punk beating Cena in Chicago, RVD beating Cena at One Night Stand levels.

Roman can screw Sami over tomorrow on Raw and win it back but tonight he deserves this moment. As Sami himself said last night, tonight is his Wrestlemania.

Don't see it happening. Same way it was thought Drew might win at Clash at the Castle.

I'd say the consolation prize will be the tag titles for Sami and Kevin.

But the fact that we're not sure of it happening is good enough for me. So often, it's too obvious who would win. So being able to have that doubt means they're doing something right.

I guess this match will close out the show. Second gimmick PPV/PLE in a row where the gimmick match doesn't close the show.

I was wondering alright if, and I'm not sure it's a thing now but if the Usos can't travel due to DUIs they have the real screwjob moment on Raw or Smackdown to set up whatever for Mania.

It does genuinely feel like one of those moments you mention though after all the work they've done to get to this point. I'm just not sure they'll actually go there and pull the trigger especially when it's so close to Mania. Feels more likely under HHH for sure though. Under Vince I don't even think we get this match.

Prob only time Natalya will get such a big cheer

Asuka or Raquel likely winners here for me. Liv has an outside shot I suppose?

Good booking with Asuka winning, hopefully wins the title at mania now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Why would you not just give it to Liv? It started off quite well that match but none of the finishes made sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great, delighted to see Asuka getting the push. Right decision.

I've a feeling we may end up seeing Raquel get in there as a triple threat too somehow though. They've been really building her up, always losing strong - like needing to be pinned by both Asuka and Mela.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not sure, when you have a very predictable rumble, starting off with the last entrant winning in the chamber just screams predictability.

Advertisement