Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Plus nobody in a car tried knockdown a peaceful protest either. I say media and NGOs are disappointed nobody was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I don't see how he has attacked anyone in this post .??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

The whole refugee thing is now such a shambles that it is taking over other true issues that need to be tackled. Maybe that's what the government want.

I am very much of the opinion, the government want refugees and asylum seekers here because it lines the pockets of anyone with property, which is their cronies. I only have to look in this county to see who is profiteering from this war and influx of refugees and asylum seekers. Makes me very angry but the government have played a blinder.

I am by no means a racist but very much a realist. We have a mountain of issues to sort out before we increase the population anymore at such a rapid pace.

On Wednesday, I am finally taking my son to his urology appointment in Crumlin, 3 years after his referrals! My heart is broke.

I have been having pains since I gave birth nearly a year ago. My GP referred me for an ultrasound scan to rule out just muscular pain. I'm still waiting for the scan!

Before you say, get private health insurance. Between food, mortgage, creche fees, electricity and heating- we have nothing left.

I am also very angry at my children being taught in huge class sizes now. 35+ in some junior classes her. Shocking.

The working poor is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Sounds very similar to the far left narrative that only thing stopping you having a great life is the government and evil capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

edit: wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

They are not taking the large turn out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

While the rally was positive some of those orgainizing it are playing right into the hands of the far right and other anti refugee protests.

PBP want an open border for instance.

A lot of protesters at various refugees centres are not necessarily anti refugee they are just against a broken system and are probably offended by how quickly the state can move when it wants to but meanwhile like the lady above they are waiting years for services

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What exactly was the reason for the protest today.

Open borders or allowing illegals into the country?

Or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Is it possible to be left wing and not racist and still be against mass migration? I'm very thankful for living in a welfare state, as flawed as its implantation here is, and would very much like it to continue.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

A large turn out of largely people who came from a refugee background themselves. Not one of my family, friends, work colleagues or wider social circle would ever be seen dead at these marches. For the record, they are not racist, simply too busy or overworked to care. As there are so many challenges facing a lot of people in this country at the moment.

It's definitely something I take for granted but thankfully my line of work has a great work/life balance.

I do think that the protest was positive because there is a danger of protest against housing refugees morphing into out and out racism.

Thus it was important that at all times that we are not racist just being critical of government policies on refugees.

I'm sure a lot of the realistic people at the protest would agree with all I have said

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭clytemnestra

The march was like some kind of Eucharistic Congress for NGOs. There are so many of them now that they can muster up a big crowd. Rent-a-mob. And what exactly was their agenda? That it's wrong to be racist? I think most of us agree on that. I wouldn't touch the Irish Freedom Party with a bargepole, or condone anyone shouting abuse outside a Direct Provision centre. But they ignore all the huge elephants in the room that aren't going away. It was a massive circle-jerk for them to reassure themselves of how great they are, and I think there's an edge of anxiety about it that they aren't wholly in control of the narrative any more.

Sorry that should read its important that we clearly state that we are not racist

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

Far right networks are bad but far left ones can come together using tax payers money and hold marches.

Who paid for the speakers, the barriers etc yesterday?

Using tax payers money isn't very grass roots.

FF and the greens there marching about the housing and health failings. 😆

Who is we?

I find actions speak louder then words anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see this arguement appearing on here as well "your against refugee quotas and proper Controls on those entering our country then you are no better then a brexiteer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Hamachi

So you’ve no children squeezed into overcrowded classrooms or elderly parents who need access to a failing health service.

I can certainly see why you can afford to be blasé..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It’s effectively a vigil - pilgrimage for WOKE types , devout Catholics went to Knock , Lourdes or climbed Croagh Patrick

devout virtue signallers attend “ refugees welcome “ assemblies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So just for my records.

The same 50 people showing up to a protest carrying Identikit signs and livestreaming for donations and threatening to burn out immigrants = concerned parents.

Actual humans gathering to say actually we're not ok with that, families and kids included = doctored photos, trans agenda, crisis actors, paid NGO shills and illegal criminals.

Well, that's changed my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Who would have thought a large anti racism march would be such a triggering event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

And yet there are no direct provision or similar centres in affluent areas. Label those who complain about large numbers of refugees landed into their areas but refuse to take in any themselves.

It's not just an Irish thing either

Absolute virtue signalling.

They call for solidarity. Well then prove it. Refugees for dalkey, howth ,raheny etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Speaking of NGOs who is helping that Afgan chancer to take his court case against the state? Oh it's the Irish Refugee Council who are a government funded NGO! If I was in government I would be cut funding to this crowd and audit the rest of these organisations who the taxpayer funds

I never said that. Just meant at weekends we often make it to town. And I take it for granted always having my weekends for personal time. Others are not so lucky.

What was I blasé about?

I don’t think anyone is using those divisive terms.

The march yesterday was in part about speaking out about lies and misinformation. Then they say more than 50,000 people attended it. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭clytemnestra

I see the bould Sorcha Pollak tweeting about her and her parents' attendance at the Ireland4all rally. They are from the Rathmines area, which has taken a remarkably tiny number of refugees/IPAs. I don't think the very exclusive school Sorcha went to is struggling under the weight of extra pupils and their needs either. Similarly, Kitty Holland who lives in Ranelagh, I believe Ranelagh has taken in 51, compared to 3,335 in Dublin 24. The hypocrisy of these people needs to be highlighted again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

yesterday morning East Wall and the other commitees said they wouldn't be attending the planned counterprotest

What sort of individuals would counter protest an anti racism march?

Advertisement