Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭Deeec

Ah but Joan likes her coffee - she would sink Venos and Bewsers with all the free coffees she would expect.

Also Im sick of hearing of Dearbhlas vegan business who Joan also invested in - Dearbhla never appears to work. She also seems to have set up the business with no bother at all - no working all hours to get it off the ground, no staff issues etc. Please writers can we see some drama relating to this business.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

But Dearbhla is very busy with all the business meetings she has with Joan. You would wonder what they have to discuss, so much.

On another note nice to see hughie got a replacement for zoe since she's all forgotten about now

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Is it just me or did Garda Fidelma appear to have a Nokia 50 phone tacked onto her uniform around her shoulder area, it was the other night in vino's?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Paul has always been a bit of a boor but I think this latest turn is a bit OTT - it's close to domestic abuse between the pair of them now.

Just feels a bit exaggerated or something. Orla surely ca't be staying just for Junior's sake? He's not even his father and they have only been together a few years!

How are Paul and Orla Married? Sure herself and Wayne couldn't be divorced already, this isn't America

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Reginald Perrin

The current writers haven't the talent to go anyway near a sensitive issue such as domestic abuse. There's been a gradual slide downwards but since Christmas the entire writing, continuity, dialogue has gone south fast, somethings up, cutbacks maybe, rte canteen staff are probably double jobbing in the writers room to ensure there's enough cash in the bank for ray d'arcys weekly cheque or the talent budget for funny Friday

he ( Mondo) also left the laptop on the table while he went off to the medical centre, didn’t don’t seem to have it later.

you’d think he would have wanted to see if the laptop itself was damaged.

no Joan tonight,

no sign of Anna in the medical centre.

considering Sharon works in a salon, you’d have to think she’d have appointments lined up and couldn’t decide last minute that morning that she wasn’t going to turn-on and mind Jack instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Photobox

Orla and Paul are starting to remind me of Mary and John in Fr Ted. All love and darling in front of Dolores. Mary and John were meant to portray the misery for unhappy couples with no divorce in Ireland at that time. What are Orla and Paul portraying if the writers are not going down the domestic violence route ? Id be more worried about my laptop than my toes if i dropped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,226 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why would Ruth want to go visit Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

To get away from Paul and Orla, wouldn’t blame her for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I agree.

I'm struggling to find reasons to watch it anymore. It's not even funny rubbish; it's just rubbish tbh. The storylines go nowhere. As mentioned, what happened to Zoe for example. What happened between Kira and Mondo's ex. The Paul and Orla thing is just depressing almost like the writers have written themselves into a corner.

I'm barely following the story about the new beardy guy and Mondo.

I don't know why I watch anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

One of the reasons I still watch is to follow the conversation here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Things are at a pretty low ebb, in FC at the moment. No real stories of interest, just when something starts to get going, the writers get bored and the storyline peters out. I suspect that they are under contractual agreements to give every actor a certain amount of lines per month or something silly like that, hence the show is all over the place at the moment.

Agree - it’s fairly crap at the moment, always was really but no longevity or follow through with the storylines.

moving people into other peoples lives for no reason except to promote a storyline. Since when were Sharon and Carol any kind of buddies; Ridiculous last night, Sharon making cookies with Jack (Jack certainly looks like he ate a good few!!) , getting in the shopping and putting Jack to bed (10 minutes of PlayStation before bed - talk about stimulating a child before sleep time!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Have it recorded,sounds like total sh@#e at the moment-always has been really but probably gets viewing figures and that's all RTE are worried about the same as that brutal late late show.They should be embarrassed by the rubbish they produce?🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Please don’t fat shame a young child. #bekind

It's recording here at the moment in the backround,can't help noticing-the Building site has magically disappeared and sharon has more or less moved into carol's place???WTF🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Mad stuff. It wasn't implausible enough that the only recently out of hospital Rafferty is dogging into two auld wans in Carrigstown.... they needed them all to be besties and hang out constantly.

Back in the day, when I was multi-vaging, I kept them well away from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,536 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Rafferty - Carol thing is a bit hard to understand. They hardly even know each other.....why he would be concerned about dumping her and shacking up with Sharon is a mystery.

The Paul-Orla one is a peculiar storyline too. Like others, I'm even wondering if it's heading into a domestic abuse plot. He's already hurling insults at her daily and calling her a "slut" etc. Would be pretty dark though for two established characters on the show.

• Advertisement

Absolutely-you're just asking for trouble???👫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

Paul's master plan wasn't exactly well thought out, if he just wanted her money then he probably shouldn't have immediately told her that and instead just played nice until he got what he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Paul told Orla he was broke and only married her for her money straight after the ceremony... couldn’t she have gotten the marriage annulled as they hadn’t consummated it at that stage, or does it not work like that here?

Post edited by DebDynamite on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The marriage registration papers that you sign after the ceremony (green folder) wouldn't have been submitted at that point. So don't send them in to apply for a marriage cert equals not married .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Reginald Perrin

FC used to be the most entertaining of the soaps both sides of the Irish sea, soapy for sure but with decent dialogue and storylines but all gone now. Money methinks is the issue, rte is cash strapped but still spending in all the wrong areas although you don't need big cash for good stories, this forum could come up with better storylines than the current crop. I'd save cash by having Joe Duffy do funny Friday from McCoys, imagine the craic and japes with Joe and the gang in the beer garden

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Photobox

I thought it was recent when i read it first and said to myself ah here there is no way he is 45 😊 the baould Rafferty indeed.

Surely Doug and Erica would want to see how Nora is or be able to mind Jack for Carol, Sharon not needed at the salon, the senior stylist

I think James needs to return, catch his father with Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Hahaha just watching Fridays episode, mondo and the laptop.... seriously what is going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Advertisement