Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I was angling towards the blue to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Pick whatever one you like. It has a high chance of arriving soon if ordered soon. I nearly ordered blue, but went with the MSM because its so much better 😂

I think all the colours except black are nice. Black is only nice when spotless clean.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yeah the black is hard to keep clean but the red calipers really stand out when it's just washed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well Tesla are temporarily closing the China Model 3 line at the end of this month so looks like tooling change for the refresh.

I think the changes will be modest, the current removal of USS is a disaster so it would not be a surprise to see bumper mounted cameras for the first time, this leaves current versions in limbo for workable parking assist. I don’t believe for a second the current cameras can replace USS and there’s something supply chain related behind it with current models caught in limbo between USS and bumper cameras or something like that.

The drive gear stalk may be removed like the S and replaced with screen selection, I’d hate this.

Interior may lose the wood trim but it being a minimisation approach I can’t see much else changing.

A hatch back would be a biggie but I like the lower noise from the saloon.

We should know more in the next few months

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blue is too dark for me, neighbour has one and when it's not spotless it looks dull. Prefer the white, easier to keep clean, it's vibrant and contrasts well with the glass roof.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Making it a hatch would be nice but not likely. I can see very minor changes too. The trim veneer, stalk delete, yoke option and new alloys and colours. Maybe power frunk. Feck all else. It's grand as it is.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I'm expecting a blue one in mid-March 😅 delivery date set already for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

From Forbes

The front and rear sensors could come alongside the introduction of Tesla FSD Hardware Version 4.0, the design of which was recently leaked. This is rumored to include ang upgrade of cameras from 1.2Mpixels to 5Mpixels alongside LED flicker mitigation, which improves the reading of digital signs. The hardware computer has 12 camera inputs, where current Teslas only have nine cameras. One theory is that two of the extra cameras will be placed near the front of the car facing sideways, to counteract a blind spot from this direction. The B-pillar cameras are also expected to include heaters that will help reduce fog buildup behind the glass covering.

The FSD 4.0 computer itself is expected to be up to four times faster than the version 3.0 hardware. This will come from 20 processing cores compared to 12, running at up to 2.35GHz. As before, two nodes, each with this amount of processing power, will be provided for redundancy. However, the FSD 3.0 redundancy has more recently been sacrificed to enable more features via software upgrades.

Surprisingly, FSD 4.0 also includes HD Radar, when Elon Musk had claimed that in the future Tesla cars would rely on cameras alone. However, this radar, called Phoenix, is much higher resolution than the one that was removed from the Model 3 and Y in 2021. The Phoenix radar will also include a heater to protect it from environmental conditions, in this case snow and ice blocking the signal.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

There are also the non-visible changes that include a structural battery and reduction of body parts. The latter might make repairs more costly but also reduce construction costs for the manufacturer. I'd expect the further streamlined design to present fewer issues like loose trim fittings and misalignments. If they change the trim, that will be a subtle bump to existing Tesla owners wanting visual cues for the latest and greatest, like the extension of the wood trim to the doors in 2021.

• Advertisement

Anyone else experiencing more kerb rash with the M3 than other cars? The 18" rims seem to love getting kerb rash! I have gone through a lot of cars in my time and only once in my BMW 3 series did I damage a rim and that was in the snow of 2010 when the rim was chipped after clipping a kerb. The Model 3 has been rashed 4 times despite being super careful. I have a repair kit which does a great job, but takes time out of my weekends when I have to do it. I've ordered uberturbine covers, but I am seriously thinking of changing the wheels to something less attracted to concrete.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Interesting to see the changes.

id like the stalkless approach.

I like the screen swipe for D and P, R.

I don’t want a yolk wheel though.

Telsa now offering yoke/circular wheel for countries where yoke not legal I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

For those that have M3's already. Did you use a screen protector or for those that didn't any regrets that you didn't use one ?

Ta.

I use one for the fingerprints alone. My kids lick the screen, or so it looks like at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Core6

I got one of these:- spigen tesla model 3 matt screen protector.

It was €43 plus €5 postage from Spigen in Poland.

It was more expensive than others but very easy to align and fit.

3 years with Tesla, never a need for screen protector, do no harm but no issues or damage to date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

No grabbers anymore and haven’t bothered with protector. Don’t think I will either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

One year with Tesla Model 3, I've not used a screen protector and so far, so good. The screen does need a wipe every now and again, once the fingerprints become too distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Hatch won't happen as the beam holding the liftgate hinges would be exactly where the rear passenger heads are. I still think that the car was supposed to be a liftgate like a Model S but packaging turned out to be impossible. The Y is sufficiently higher to accommodate this.

I have one of these from Amazon. Washable and resealable apparently - But Ive never had the need to take it off & its a perfect fit. Also doesnt show the fingerprints which is a bonus. Does have a small logo at the bottom but doesnt worry me.

I wanted a matte finish as I found I was getting bad sun glare reflections off the screen around sunrise/sunsets when heading east/west at certain times on the motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ddcluracan

If an order is placed for a Model 3 and delivery is expected Apr/May, is it likely the car is already built or it could it be built after the the tooling change?

I went with matt screen protector. The small cost is worth it. Less finger prints and offers some protection. Better the protector is damaged than the screen which didn't have a protector. Its grand until it isn't.

Stay Free

It's likely already on the boat for next month

Stay Free

I ordered at the end of October 2020 and took delivery in December 2020.

The car I received ended up being the 2021 refresh model - that I wasnt expecting at all.

But they were not tooling changes, the refresh could be structural casting improvement, we simply don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Not sure if anyone has any experience with this, but when I went to place my order it turned out I already had a Tesla account. I've wanted this car for like 3 years but I genuinely have no idea when, or for what reason I would have created an account.

Either way, I moved house last month, but my order went through on my old address. The bank can't proceed with my loan offer without having an order agreement with my current address on it. I called Tesla today and they said no problem, that they changed it on my order agreement. But hours later it's still showing the old one.

Would this take a few days to reflect? Or am I best off calling Tesla back tomorrow?

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

Advertisement