Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW/DGW25 Transfer Thread

• 19-02-2023 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I have 10 players, 2FTs.

KDB to Salah will be my first transfer.

My defence is White, Digne and Bueno. White looks like he's safe now. Bueno only played 60mins but worth keeping I guess. Digne came on for 10 mins and conceded two goals in classic Digne fashion (Moreno also played well). March is my other option to sell.

March to a 6m midfielder? (can bring back in Mitoma for the double, think he's a better option long term).

Shaw to an Everton defender? (Don't really like this as I'd love to have him for Southampton game, but maybe the wisest option).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Thinking of going KDB & Bruno to Salah & Gakpo, leaving Shaw & Rashford on the bench for it. Offload Trippier last week so no Newcastle blank worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Also thinking KDB > Salah. Still have Doherty stinking up the place and will only have 4.5 itb for my second transfer.

Joe Gomez maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I actually prefer a Liverpool defender over Everton for the double. Considering Gomez too but Van Dijk is back and wouldnt be surprised to see Matip come in for Gomez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Now I remember why I was supposed to bank my transfer for this week 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Yeah I was thinking the same re: VVD & Matip. I could theoretically get VVD/Gomez/Salah in for a -4 but would mean getting rid of Trippier or Shaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Nunez injury right kick in the balls ahead of the DGW. Maybe double up on pool defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Probably bruno & Shaw to Trent & Gakpo, captain Saka

Salah would require a -4 and would leave my budget tight for upcoming transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I can field 10 players next week (no keeper available), so I'll use my single free on that (maybe Alisson for the double). Then maybe take a hit to bring in another double-week attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is what will determine my plans next week. He was definitely in my potential list to bring in. I guess Gakpo becomes more of an option if he’s out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Doesn't help us who already have him though, Gakpo isnt a straight swap - Jota would be but will he start...

• Advertisement

I would say there are some serious expected minutes risks with Jota, regardless of Darwin’s status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Darwin news put a spanner in the works. Have a couple options with 2 FT's.

1. KDB & Almiron out, Gakpo & Saka in.
    2. Mahrez to Saka
    3. KDB to Salah
    4. Mahrez, Kane, Almiron to Gnonto, Saka & Salah for a -4.

Currently on 1 at the moment but not sold on Gakpo yet for FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah same, my plans are somewhat centred around Nunez's fitness as I am an owner, and he's my only Liverpool asset.

Gakpo could be nice Salah alternative and a nice chunk cheaper. Minutes much lower though.

Can we call Mahrez a blanker this GW also? I'd expect that he will start both CL games so maybe rested at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is this as good a week as any to use the free hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone with Fernandes and Ake to Gakpo and Alexander-Arnold with my two free transfers. Thinking I might captain Alexander-Arnold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

GW28 looks better to me, but it really depends on your own squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Out of all the possible blanks and doubles coming up this is probably the worst week to do it. (team dependent of course)

I wouldn’t have said so. Only one team worth maxing out on the double from (assume you already have 3 good Arsenal players and probably a cheap Wolves/Everton defender already)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

De bruyne akanji out salah and Trent in, have Nunez too, go big or go home, slight pool fan bias too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2FTs, will do Bruno/Shaw to Gakpo/TAA and/or take a -4 with Felix to Darwin(Firmino) if we get an update on Darwin.

Can't fit Salah without significant downgrades.

• Advertisement

Given the number of players that blank, that I want to retain longer term, it's hard to make transfers this week. I have 10 players with a game this GW, but a couple of those are at severe risk of actually playing minutes.

Want Salah in, but that would require a -4 in order to move funds around from Kane, but that also requires selling 2 players (Mahrez & Kane) with a game this GW and good fixtures going forward.

Want to sell one of Shaw/Trippier as they blank and have tough fixtures coming up.

It's kind of pushing me down the route of Gakpo in for Mahrez who might not play again and then a DGW defender in. I won't be tied up in Salah cash then also, but have a route to him if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

No need to make transfers so early. Better to hold off until much nearer the deadline.

Liverpool’s biggest game of the season so far tomorrow. The players will be going 100% for 90 minutes. Always chances of injury in that scenario.

Even if they didn’t have a game, injuries and illness can happen any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Are KDB owners all making the switch to Salah??

I can't justify it this week tbh...short on numbers as it is so selling a player with a game isn't appealing.

And while Liverpool have improved there's still something not quite right there imho

What are KDB's expected minutes this GW? between 0-60? Salah would be close to 180.

Neither could have a game in GW 28 but there is more chance that Salah has one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hhmmmm....a lot to consider alright.

My other option is keeping KDB and getting Gakpo in for Rashford.

Would be a lot easier if Salah was firing properly

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭nice bit of green

I had a great run since Christmas until GW23 then I started to fix things that weren’t broken. Since then I’ve lost about 50-60 points and am out of the cup.

I’ll hopefully not make any changes this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's a tough week to do surgery.

I've 2 goalies and 9 outfield players this week (4 with a DGW) with 2 FT's. 1.1m ITB.

Currently have Shaw, Rashford, Trippier and Almrion who won't play so 1 of them needs to go at least, Almiron ideally but not many replacements that stand out at that price.

Mahrez is an issue I think who we both own, great when he plays but will prob be prioritised for the CL. Is KDB an issue? He might be but explosive at the same time.

Liverpool assets might be worth it, you'll know more than me but I think they'll make a charge for top 4 like they did in 20/21. Good to get on them early too as a differential. Saka who I don't have is prob essential this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Already rid of Trip to TAA, fingers crossed be gets through tomorrow's game unscathed.

Also have the Mahrez issue in midfield, might hold off till later in the week to see what to do. Currently 9 playing this GW, other worry is whether Bueno plays for Wolves.

Yeah I was quiet confident about Liverpool keeping a CS against Newcastle at the weekend, and then a small bit more about actually beating them. After the result, I was annoyed at only owning Nunez and not doing the Trent transfer I was mulling over. I'll more than likely fix that error this week, but I wouldn't not think about Robbo either but he has the reduced minutes risk with Tsimikas. The back to back wins is certainly encouraging. It's the first time it has happened this year. The Real Madrid game being at home may give another bit of encouragement here too and the fixtures upcoming is somewhat kinder than the previous run of games, but top 4 is back in sight again. The biggest encouragement I've seen is the energy vs Everton and a return to the natural incisive passing vs Newcastle. Both have not been seen consistently for a few months. Maybe the clear the air talks helped.

Yeah Mahrez was the intended transfer out then for a -4. It worked out last GW that he didn't play as I got Martinelli autosubbing in. Mahrez has always been the CL player though, so I'd expect him to play 90 in the CL now midweek. I'm just checking City fixtures here now and they are away to Bristol in the cup after Bournemouth so he actually could get a rest there in the cup game, so maybe play both the CL & Bournemouth before a full rest and back in the side to play Newcastle. He might not start in GW27 as it's before the CL 2nd leg (so the same as the last GW) and then it's more than likely a BGW in 28 with the cup games. It's risky not having Mahrez away to Bournemouth & Palace, but on the other hand you might not want him for the Newcastle game & the blank, so maybe 2 games in 4 GWs, heading into Liverpool after the international break. You can probably get more games elsewhere, especially with the DGWs.

It's a shame Brighton have no game this GW as it would be a brilliant time to get them in, and easy switch from Almiron too. Could you get to Saka with a -4 of Shaw / Mahrez / Almiron to Tarkowski / Gakpo / Saka (this would give you 6 games instead of 1) or even a Gomez / Maddison (or Foden) / Odegaard possibly 5 games here)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My best case scenario is going with 8 players unless I use extra transfers or free hit or wildcard.

I'm looking ahead and the FA cup QF's and SF's look far more enticing for using these options.

I also like my current squad.

Should I just stick with what I've got and hope to make up ground with my chips later on or go for it in this gameweek?

I've no Liverpool players which is my only concern.

Advertisement