Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah I was hoping for Mox v Martina or Mox v Angel Cruz

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jo187

To be fair Angel basically semi retired so putting him into a big match like that might be a bit much.

Mox has trent 7 the next night in England for ott. Maybe it's an aew thing to put him in there with people who they know are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Was about to post,

someone made a boo boo and i don’t think it was AEW

Wow, book Hijo del Vikingo and I'll still be happy.

Or, ya know, Ibushi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jo187

No.word from ott but there hyping ohio own mox as being there. Hope mox doesn't cancel.

yo'd hope they'd comment today at some point.

can't really ignore it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Swap mox for Kingston since he cancelled the other week? Obviously not the same level but decent replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Strange still no comments from OTT or AEW. I doubt any top AEW talent would come over instead and clearly AEW don't care as they would know mox date's before announcing.

Just hoping it can be sorted it only a month or so away.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

What promotions are there in ireland?

Obviously I know OTT, I've seen bits and pieces from NLW, FFPW, RCW and Hard Knox but is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's NLW (No Limit Wrestling), all their shows seem to be in Kildare in the MOAT theatre.

If you count up North there's Titanic and Complete Anarchy Wrestling as well.

Saw in Dublin on Saturday there was something called Superstars of Wrestling Ireland who ran their first show, thought that was like one of those Wrestling.ie shows that they used to do but not sure it is or not.

Still no update on mox. Joe from OTT put up a tweet saying his looking into it with aew. That was Feb 9 and still no update. Its not looking good.

It's kinda a given Mox won't be there. The delay is prob so when they give the bad news they have a biggish name to announce for the shows too.

Hopefully. Is there really anyone? Presumably jericho/Bryan won't do it. As they would be on these house show if they fancy the extra work and flying last minute to Ireland is not making it any more enticing for them.

Just got the email from eventbrite. Officially no Mox. Replacement is Eddie Kingston and a TBC AEW star.

Saw that. You think if it was a big star they announce it now to stop people going for the refund. So not much hope of the big names. I take house of black as a substitute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You'll get Pretty Peter Avalon and you'll like it. Maybe John Silver if you're lucky.

I'd pop hard for John Silver.

I say maybe PAC. He's still based in England and no major storyline at the moment. Feck it just give us Miro, you ain't doing anything with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Based on the poster for the AEW show that mox is on it looks like we’re not getting Claudio, Darby, Orange or Britt. Personally I’d love to see PAC, Malakai, Saraya, Wardlow or the Lucha Bros. I’m expecting someone like Brian Pillman jr though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PAC would be a good addition if they could get him. Might make sense if he's at home at the moment anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Wheeler Yuta or Daniel Garcia I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, considering they're not paying mox and Eddie is a make up, are they going to partially refund people who paid 70 quid for premium seats who are getting damo vs the clondalkin cruiserweight as the main event?

They probably will, but anyone paying 70 quid for the sole-purpose of seeing a 15 minute match probably doesn’t need the money

Got the email it's Pac. His great but clearly him and Eddie are not even close to a mox.

You’d hope 2 talent might stop some refunds though.

Kingston and Pac could well be given more match freedom than Mox would have had

Woulda preferred someone I haven’t seen live yet, will still be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You know what's mad, like the Irish wrestling scene is roughly 20 years old at this point and like 99.9% of wrestlers have quit over the years.

Think about it for a second. Who's left from IWW that's still wrestling? Sheamus and Terry Tatcher from OTT. That's it.

NWA Ireland is of course Finn, Jordan Devlin and Becky being the most successful. Few more like Phil Boyd still going but what, less than 10?

No one left from CPW. DCW the same. Can't think of anyone remaining from Main Stage too.

Of all the lads who trained and wrestled in these promotions over the years there's like 0.05% left or something? Wrestling really does have a massive turn over. You would have to figure the same will happen to current guys over the next few years.

I think LJ Clearly will. I'm surprised ott didn't pick him to dethrone Hawkins for the belt. I think they need get him to top of the card soon.

• Advertisement

Not sure what's going on with ott now. They just released a hype video that makes Sammy D as the underdog baby face representing Ireland. His been a heel all this time, seem a strange last minute move.

Advertisement