Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fg councillor receives death threats for speaking the truth!

Options
  • 20-02-2023 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Speaking the truth about many social housing occupants. Honesty in this country would win tons of votes. Peter casey went from one to 23% in the presidential election, by speaking the truth on one subject. Pity that's the last home truth we will hear from an established party for a while... because speaking the truth is strictly " verbotten" by a party that will never win a welfare vote and by our perpetual victim supporting media!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DrivingMrDaisy

In her own words "I shouldn't have said that".

Is that the same Peter Casey that ran in 2 constituencies in the last election and didn't get enough votes combined to get even half way towards a seat in either

that Peter Casey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

What. Spoken the truth? This is the exact problem with irish politics

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DrivingMrDaisy

Where did i say it wasn't the truth? I said in her own words she shouldn't have said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,903 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Any threats directed against politicians are to be condemned.

What exactly is her proposed solution to the social housing problem she has identified ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭893bet

“But some council houses are being held up by an awful lot of people who have never worked a day in their life. Their parents have never worked a day in their life and their children will never work a day in their life”

accurate enough though. Poverty is almost genetic. In a similar fashion to being “middle class” is almost genetic.

Our parents push us to become themselves or slightly better. Those from poorer backgrounds are often playing the short game to leave school earlier to start earning money. But the job choice available then puts a ceiling on life time earnings that is difficult to then break.

In similar fashion to engineer fathers/mothers having engineer sons/daughters, same for doctors/solicitors/ accountants etc.

There are a decent percentage of layabouts who want no better. But equally a larger percentage stuck in a generational rut who know no better.

Solution? Not what we currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

An awful lot people agreed with what Peter Casey said relating to travellers. They just didn't like him as a candidate in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I remember the story of some fella that wanted to be President of a country he chooses not to live in........

"Solution? Not what we currently have"

Reform the system. The current system fails everyone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Quitelife

She’s telling the truth !

She’ll top the pool in her area next time , law abiding people are fed up of those who refuse to work , destroy their communities and get everything for free .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Free education and student grants for 3rd level do a great deal to stop that intergenerational poverty. Hard workers get rewarded for their hard work, regardless of their family income growing up.

The blame lies firmly with the parents for not raising the children properly, the state does plenty to allow for upward social mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Everyone knows the system is being abused by people who have no intention of ever working. Anyone who lives in the real world knows that. That doesn't mean everyone who never works is abusing the system, some people have disabilities. But she is still right, thousands of people are abusing the system. Thousands. And everyone knows it.

It really shows how dysfunctional Irish politics is that those remarks, undoubtedly true, could cause offence or controversy.

Also FF and FG need to start advocating for the positions she's taking, that people working need to be looked after rather than looking after people who could work but don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The really clever way of working the system is to opt in to apprenticeship of a trade and then opt out again to pursue a cash-based career, thereby retaining your entitlements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

accurate enough though. Poverty is almost genetic. In a similar fashion to being “middle class” is almost genetic.

you are referring to social mobility, yes? that people born into poverty are much more likely to suffer poverty later in life too? Quelle Surprise!

however, i have a hunch you may have your causes confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Free education and grants should do a great deal but don't because of reasons you mention in the second part.

They are a great help financially to the average family but rarely pull anyone up out of a sht family because their uneducated parents do their best to foster an outlook that keeps their kids in the gutter. I grew up with a fair few lads who were actively discouraged from even reading a book never mind going to secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭victor8600

Whoah. The truther politician. Let's blame poor people, that's always popular. The current system may be unfair, but it works. Aisling Moran: "some council houses are being held up by an awful lot of people who have never worked a day in their life". So? Do you want to throw those undeserved layabouts out on the street to beg for alms? If not, you need to house them somewhere. Relocate all unemployed council house dwellers to Connaght? It just won't work -- everyone would claim that they have children in Dublin schools, or an elderly mother to look after, and so on, and they would be right.

So what we have a politician fishing for an attention.

Aisling Moran: "With the cost of living today, you need to be earning more than that to live and yet you have to be under that to be entitled to housing."

Well, duh. The solution is to build many more houses, and the state needs to get involved -- for example, why not have a state credit organisation which would give "mortgages" to working people who cannot get a mortgage from a bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She is 100% right in what she said. So right she's getting death threats.

Multi-generational leeches, usually crime involved in some form, kids let roam feral and free to do what they want. Will never see inside an office other than the dole office. I could name the surnames and housing estates in my locality. No, it certainly is not all social housing recipients, but the dogs on the street know who these people are and there are plenty of them. Numbering more and more with each passing generation as they continue to have kids they cannot afford. It's grand though, the rest of us can pay.

Or don't pay. Just leave this swamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭foxsake

i always wonder what's the game of people who deny that the welfare is a long term lifestyle for a decent size cohort of society

they defend it with such vigor to the point of denying what is plain to see. I think they are fearful that welfare will be scrapped which nobody is actually saying . Welfare should be a hand up not a long term solution.

one thing that kinda amuses me (in a frustrating way) , when we read of a court case in the media some public disorder type of charge the defendant is often on disability ... like the now dead burglar in limerick recently.... like how can you have unable to work let get in street fights, bar fights , rob houses etc... wtf is going on says me

I'm not against welfare but as a tax payer I object to paying it to geebags who never contribute and just leech off society

Post edited by foxsake on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

speaking the truth is strictly " verbotten" by a party that will never win a welfare vote

No, but the middle-class floating vote that FG is competing with FF and the soft left parties for is allergic to anything 'right wing' and often derives its income from the state in one way or another. FG will never take this councillor's line until it faces serious competition to its right...

Educated people have educated kids because they see the benefit of education. They've also gone through the process so send their kids to correct schools, focus their kids on relevant LC subjects, advise them of course choice etc. They can also send their kids to college without the need for another 30 hours work in bars/Dunnes.

I'm from a council estate and have 2lvl 8 qualifications in different sciences. My mother did her leaving cert the same year I did and got her degree the same year too.

My dad worked all the bloody hours he could to make sure that there was money available for all this.

I had friends fail/Drop-out because they were doing 37.5 hours a week in college and almost the same again in part time jobs. No time to research, study, relax. They burned out because their parents could not afford to support them.

My council estate... Let's take a look at my contemporaries (kids older and younger than me I don't know across all houses):

1: Several trademen

2: Trade

3: Don't know

4: Idle wasters

5: Teachers

6: Degrees

7: Accountant

8: Don't know

9: Degree/Trade

10: Think degree

11: Degree

12: Degrees

13: 5 Trades

14: Bar owner

15: Wasters

16: Trade

17: Degrees

18: Trades

19: No Kids

20: Scum of the earth

21: General work

Now tell me. Where is the genetics there?

Can you point out the specific gene loci might possibly be for "Almost genetic"? I mean you seem to have a suspicion that it is a genetic trait.

Because borderline level eugenic conversation would generally be considered in FGs past...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He was a dreadful candidate, I voted for him in the presidential election as I couldn’t vote for the incumbent and the reaction by the media when one of their high ranking sacred cows was criticised , made the choice easy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It’s like pretending that travellers aren’t up to their necks in anti social behaviour, the lie has social value in certain circles

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do you want to throw those undeserved layabouts out on the street to beg for alms? If not, you need to house them somewhere.

Why do I/We need to do anything? Why am I responsible for some lazy **** that plays the system like a fiddle? I absolutely would throw them out on the street.

And before you poison the well remember that we are not talking about the poor and needy, we are talking about the generational lazy that have never and will never tried to get a productive job, so save the outrage.

I have no problem helping the downtrodden but they need to bring something to the table as well, they need to be actively trying to improve their situation, not just sitting there waiting for the likes of me to prop them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

Hilarious this one is an FG member you know the party that has been in government since 2011? If they were going to do anything about this issue they would have done already but it is amusing to see the same braindeads falling for this populist trick as usual no doubt the same type of reprobate morons who voted for Peter Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Went for a walk in the local park at lunch. Four of them, mid/late 20's, pissed, drinking bottles in between trips to the hedge to relieve themselves in front of families enjoying the amenities. Undoubtedly the recipients of my tax money (always have and always will be). How do I know that? Common sense. Who else is pissed, roaring abuse at random people, at lunchtime on a Monday? No sign of Gardaí as usual. Soon all of Ireland will belong to these drains on society, ably "parented" by the dregs of society.

I will never vote for her party but fair play to her for actually saying out loud what a lot of people think. I'll take that any day over the usual BS you hear from politicians.

There are votes on the right for any party that moves there, so expect FF and FG to go in this direction. Everyone knows social welfare is too generous and people are allowed to stay on it for years without consequences. Likewise, everyone knows the courts are too soft on crime. FF and FGs best hope of keeping SF down is to start being harder (or at least talking harder) on social welfare abuse and criminality.

• Advertisement

Advertisement