Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

I had a call with Tesla this morning and spoke with a kind lady who claimed to be responsible for the arrangement for the Irish market. What she said appeared to be different from what people have been told by Tesla Sandyford. I don't know who (she or the lads at Sandyford) has the latest/accurate information but thought I would just share it here in case you find it helpful.

1) I believe a few days ago someone was told by Tesla Sandyford that there's not a single LR car on Hoegh Chiba which qualifies for SEAI grant, i.e. white in 19' wheel and black interior. The lady didn't believe it's true, since it is one of the most popular specs and there should be quite a few on the ship heading to Ireland. So there is still hope (very slightly though I think) that cancellations may occur on this spec in March.

2) There were some discussions about Tesla Sandford saying a Q2 (Apr/May) shipment would happen due to large number of Irish orders and Tesla wanted to get them in before grant change in July. Again the lady said nothing had been confirmed yet, and she didn't understand how a local branch got such confirmation/commitment before her.

Ideally I hope she's right on the first point and wrong on the second one.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

(1) was from at least me, there may have been others. I'd also like to believe her, but it does sound like she might be confusing us with the UK market, albeit perhaps also having responsibility for the Irish market. What accent did she have out of interest?

MY LR orders would have been very rare in Q4 2022 compared to MY RWD, due to not qualifying for the grant. So while she's probably right in general globally/UK, it wasn't the case at the time our Q1 production and batch was being finalised. Also, if she is further up the food chain than the local guys, would she not have visibility of what kind of cars went on the ship? Instead of surmising that quite a few LRs were on the ship, shouldn't she have access to a database somewhere and be able to see the exact number of MY LRs that were actually loaded on the HOEGH CHIBA?

As regards (2), although the Sandyford lads were confident the numbers were sufficient to justify a Q2 shipment, they weren't giving any written guarantees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Makes sense as prices have increased on everything since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

MY RWD MSM , hidden VIN, ordered October 2022.

Delivery window changed to 24 -31 March. Must be at the back of the boat :)

MY LR White , still at feb mar estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

My VIN has reappeared, and I just got an email with bank details for final payment.

Am I to expect a contract aswell, or is that just the order agreement?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Order agreement is your contract and presumably you've accepted Telsa's change i.e. the removal of USS

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

She is English based on her accent. She was indeed referring to the Irish orders, when she said the basic LR was a popular spec and should be on the ship. But having said so, she might have based her assumption on 2022’s figures and the balance probably had changed after MY RWD was introduced late last year. You’re right, she should really have the exact figures of basic LR on the ship. But she didn’t proactively offer the insight and I didn’t chase her on it.

I really hope what the lads at Sandyford indicated would be realised. Getting my order in Q2 would be the best that can be achieved I suppose.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

thats perfect. Ya, i was well aware of the USS change pre-order, so accepted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

MY RWD MSM Ordered Oct 2022

Delivery date picked for 22nd March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Greetings! Would the cancelled orders for Feb/March delivery but reallocated to Apr/May deliveries, or how does it work? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Congrats! I'm picking up mine, ordered last month, on the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

as people get confirmed dates and payment is requested over next week or so, they will then have to pay or cancel . orders should then be reallocated to a matching order right away.

knowing how disorganised tesla are , they will just appear on the inventory page

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Congrats, are these collection date emails coming through today? Again it could be done better, I suspect many people may need time to think or sell their car. Whereas you've people like me ordered in Oct/Nov & ready do go but can't get a collection date. An outreach to people would sort a lot of this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Spot on. An outreach person would make a big difference to the customer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yermanthere

With customers getting emails which give a month's notice of collection date, and also looking for full payment.

Is there a deadline for full payment?

Needs to be through 5-7 days before collection based on the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Got the email looking for payment. The doc attached with their payment details looks so amateur it must be real.

Anyone else get it ? I assume these details are correct ?

Same details as I received so I assume so. Ring if you have any concern.

At an earlier stage in the process the payment details were available in my account but can't find them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

These are correct details. Sent some money today and they were added to my tesla account in the afternoon

• Advertisement

Just to test? Is that an option for payment? A few large payments rather than having to go to bank for the full payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Sent the proceeds of sale of my car. Sent in one go from a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

Hoegh Chiba still on schedule. She has passed through the Suez Canal and is in the Mediterranean now.

BoI is limited to 20k a day online transfer hence the question. I'll just pop into the bank last week....just annoying what with the customer centric opening hours.

Has it not lost 4 days? Was supposed to hit ZB on the 2nd of March, now showing 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Looks like it. Maybe theyre busy recording all the vins and got distracted. Our deliveries dont start till 2 weeks later anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Received a call today from Tesla Dub to see if I wanted an inventory Model Y as wasnt VIN matched. Originally ordered a Blue Model YP with white interior in June 2022. Changed to MSM in December 2022.

Estimated dates hvae been fluctating over the last couple of weeks from Jan - March 2023, -> Feb 22nd - March 8th, -> Feb 2023 - March 2023, -> March 17th - March 31st to finally last Friday changing to Apr 2023 - May 2023.

Inventory model I was offered was Model YP MSM white interior but with Tow bar. I decided to accept anayway. However when the new order agreement came through (and reflected in account), the price had jumped by €10k instead of the the tow bar difference i.e. the price had gone back up to the pre price reduction to €83k.

Got back on to Tesla and UK call centre didnt really understand the point I was trying to make about the wrong price on the order agreement and said that there would be a price increase for the inventory model but arranged for the Dub team to call back.

Dublin eventually got my point and said they would escalate the pricing issue. Received a text from the person I was dealing with in Dublin about 30 mins later to say price had been corrected and received an updated order agreement.

Delivery appointment appeared in account for 9.30 March 23rd (didnt get an option to pick).

Now just to try and get a trade in value for existing car.

TLDR - check your updated order agreement if accepting a model from inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

Not sure where you are seeing that. Hoegh's website and vesselfinder both state 2nd of March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Glad to see they are reaching out rather than just dumping unmatched cars into inventory.

Advertisement