Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Air raid sirens sound for various reasons in Ukraine.

1. When a Mig31 takes off from Belarus (whole country alert)

2. When bombers take off around the Caspian Sea

3. When ships in the black sea launch their cruise missiles.

Air alert usually crawls across the country for 2 & 3 as they are just regular cruise missiles.

Yes air raid sirens sound for a single Mig31 taking off. Looks like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

BBC 4 doc is s a refreshing view. Nice to hear about the Russians opposed to the invasion and the police state they're under.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Two mig 31 carrying hypersonic missiles took off and no Air raid alert reported in Ukraine.

But, there's always air raid alerts when the mig 31 with hypersonic missiles take off in Belarus .

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Heraclius

Bit of a bleak take on BBC Newsnight that China will make a peace offer to try to freeze the conflict with the threat that they will supply Russia with weapons otherwise.

• Advertisement

Could be interesting if true ,

Can't see the Russians being that stupid,

But can't rule it out

The air alert on that day sounded after 16mins.

So yes, air alerts do happen for all of Ukraine when Mig-31's take off in Belarus.

So if one sounded today for all of Ukraine, I assume there was a risk from the Mig-31 that took off from Belarus.

Of course it wouldn't have fired, but your claim was it would be attacked on the ground and wouldn't have taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

Peace under threat. That's a novel approach from an authoritarian regime. I expect only positive outcomes.

But in the post you Linked to it said Two Mig 31s took off from Belarus both armed with hypersonic missiles but there was no Air raid alert In Ukraine,

So which one is it they automatically trigger air raid alerts in Ukraine or they don't.

Seen zero evidence of it actually happening today,have you seen this Mig 31 carrying a hypersonic missile,

Or was is a Su27

Or Su27 and a Russian AWACS Aircraft and a support fighter and a Mig 31

But according to others they have been faking Mig 31s taking off in Belarus,

How do you know if the aircraft even had a missle on board,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

unfortunately, ruSSia has proven multiple times already, they can be that stupid. And just like their country 'has no borders, ther stupidity has none too.

• Advertisement

Also true,I can't wait to see them crying in the UN when Ukraine redraws it's borders bringing back donesk and Lugansk and Crimea,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,989 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We're telling autocrats to **** off today.

China ought to be treated with the rank disrespect they deserve.

I showed a screenshot from a Google search as you were adamant they there's no way air alerts would sound from Mig-31's taking off from Belarus. You picked one, a Twitter thread that questioned why there was no air alert. I said it sounded 16mins after the tweet:

If there were reports of a Mig-31 taking off from Belarus today and the whole of Ukraine had an air raid, then yes there's a high propability it was armed. In which case you were saying the US would have sent in an F22 to take it out.

Being there's been mention of Ukrainan pilots not getting F16s,

In America F16s are getting AI pilots, in this case the F16 Vista thrust vectoring prototype,

@greenpilot

I picked the one that clearly said No Air raid alert in Ukraine when two Mig 31s took off from Belarus carrying hypersonic missiles.

You claimed it happens every time one takes off From Belarus.

So ..

You picked a tweet that announced their take off, the tweet didn't announce the air raid. I showed you the link to the day in question that states the air raid was indeed sounded 16 minutes after they took off.

So you believe Ukraine had a country wide air raid siren today for the fun of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

A speech of two presidents today. It's going to be a very interesting 24 hours.

All Eyes On Rafah

Seems the Russian acquisition of Belarus is in full swing,like some of us didn't already know,

I don't believe their was any threat or any mig 31s took off from Belarus,

It's a simple case of jumping on a post you knew you little or nothing about,

It's seems the mig 31 story originated in the Belarusian media, which then turned into AWACS,Su27s, other fighters and mig 31s armed with hypersonic missiles,

Mostly likely it's nothing more than propaganda,

But yet despite air raid sirens nobody reacted ,not Ukrainans not Americans,so their is a distinct possibly the air raid sirens were actived by the Ukrainans to keep the streets and roads clear, especially If news got around Biden was there in Kiev ,

The story you mention was not today. It was a link to a Feb 10 air raid warning that you didn't believe occured due to Mig-31's taking off from Belarus. I only gave you the link to show you country wide air alerts occur due to Migs taking off from Belarus.

If you read threads on Twitter you can see Ukrainian's do have a pattern, widespread air alert due to Migs taking off from Belarus don't tend to be as serious for them compared to a wide scale missile launch from the black sea. Obviously 1 missile that may be fired vs a confirmed launch of multiple missiles and drones.

I simply don't believe they issued a countrywide air alert for hours simply to keep the streets clear for Biden. They already had roads closed in Kyiv.

In fact you brought up the reference to the Mig claim to deflect away from positing a photo of a pristine ballistic missile on the ground claiming it was shot down, a photo of the cluster section of a ballistic missile on the ground, portraying it as being shot down, then doubled down with a manpad shooting down a ballistic missile which was actually a cruise missile. I was just trying to correct inaccuracies and now you're doubling down on the Mig story.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile in Serbia.

Serbia government has decided to buy french Rafales instead of more Russian aircraft,seems a complete about turn for the serbs interesting times.

If you read threads on Twitter you can see Ukrainian's do have a pattern, widespread air alert due to Migs taking off from Belarus don't tend to be as serious for them compared to a wide scale missile launch from the black sea. Obviously 1 missile that may be fired vs a confirmed launch of multiple missiles and drones.

Makes zero sense.

So either air raid alerts the moment a single aircraft takes off or there's not ,

Getting a bit late on the day for running around in circles trying to untie a knot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A lot of eyes on Moldova now. With the leaks coming out about the Kremlin's plans for Belarus and if it wasn't already obvious, Putin planned to have Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus and be right up against Europe without those annoying buffer states in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nice theory, but the Kinzhal/Dagger can manouever at all points of its flight, pulling around 48g I believe. But possibly worse for the case for a head on intercept is that due to air friction at mach 10-12, its surrounded by a plasma which absorbs radio waves so a radar guided missile, and search radars, cant see it.

Because it flies at hypersonic speeds within the atmosphere, the air pressure in front of it forms a plasma cloud as it moves, absorbing radio waves (Plasma stealth).[22]

And here is the confirmation of the use of rockets by the Horde army with a high probability of rockets of the type

"dagger" (hypersonic aviation missile complex 9-A-7660 "Dagger", which can carry nuclear potential )

The launch was carried out from the territory of the Kalinkovichi district (Republic of Belarus).

At least two air-launched missiles were launched towards the border with Ukraine and they were changing their trajectory

Missiles are launched from MIG-31 fighters.

It is worth noting that missiles can change their trajectory in the air.

This can be seen in one of the photos. Thus, the launch was made from the fighter, after which it went into a U-turn.

Its during the launch and midcourse stage the missile can manuver at higher altitude and lower speed mach 4-5,and this stage is also when its most vulnerable

In the terminal stage when it dives towards its target at mach 10 it will burn up if it manuvers

And hypersonic missiles can be detected on radar just like any other missile,if not most certainly in the infrared spectrum using infrared search and track

And the plasma stealth is just fiction from russian propaganda

The plasma does block radio signals,but only certain frequencies,it goes both ways,also for a radar seeker,thats why Kinzhal cant hit a moving target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Given what was delivered to Serbia from China a few weeks ago, I sincerely doubt that the French would deliver Rafales to the Serbs. There would be a massive compromise expected from the Russian Ally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I posted an excellent video, many pages back, from Mark (something, I've forgotten his name), an historian from the UK, where he goes into great detail to explain that 16 cruise missiles is all it would take to cripple the UK. That's without hitting one direct military target.

16 targets consisting of Ports, Communication, infrastructure, power etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Sounds like just fancier theory and Russian propaganda. What I said about head on interception is true for anything that's in the field. I wouldn't believe any wonder weapon exists developed by russia or India of all places

Post edited by Dufflecoat Fanny on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 DrivingMrDaisy

If there is one thing we've learnt from the last year it's to never ever underestimate Russian stupidity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement