Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fg councillor receives death threats for speaking the truth!

Options

Comments

All work needs to pay more. If you work no matter if you're a cleaner you should be able to afford a home to live in and for bills among other things. People keep saying Social Welfare is generous yet and the people on it are having a great time. If that's the case why don't those people leave their jobs and get generous benefits and free houses!? Because it's a load of ****.

This FG councillor and her party are pro-business at the end of the day. They don't care about the poorer in society. They're also the ones who own businesses and hang around in those social circles. All people who work need a living wage but we have lots of rich companies paying minimum wages and would pay less if given a chance. They'll be the people who are against increasing any welfare payments and would be the ones also against UBI as it'll compete against their crap slave wages instead of raising them.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Stereotypical small time drug dealing wanker. The family which tarnishes an entire area

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

it is amusing to see the same braindeads falling for this populist trick as usual

I don't think many of them genuinely believe this outburst from a single councillor means FG have seen the light and will soon be cracking down hard on welfare spongers. It's just a sign of their desperation at not getting their agenda implemented that they seize onn any vaguely right-wing noises coming out of FF and FG, at however insignificant a level, as a sign the tide will shortly be turning in their favour...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

Not only housing. The health care services too.

All take from the pot no putting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont agree with her. But nobody serves that kind of abuse. We need to have a decent debate in Irish society about why theres so much abuse and hate and agression on social media.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

The world doesn't owe you anything I'm afraid. Sooner you comes to terms with that the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭BoxcarWilliam99

Let's do that.

We should also have a debate about pretty much exactly what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

First paragraph was fair enough.

Second paragraph was pretty much all nonsense. Nobody has increased social welfare payments in such large chunks than FG led governments since 2011.

We have among the most generous welfare systems in the World.

And they are also accelerating the minimum wage level to meet the living wage line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

The tide won't he turning. Further welfare bonuses being announced tomorrow. Varadkar is now mr welfare, not worker...

• Advertisement

#WelfareCheatsCheatUsAll

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Those free houses and lifestyle you all seem to lust for don’t seem too pretty in Ballyfermot tonight

They've increased it over the last few but it's still under the inflation rate so in the long run those people are worse off now. It's also not being raised more or a UBI being introduced for all because then those low waged jobs will be competing with those payments and those companies will find it harder to recruit unless they raise their wages more which they're unwilling to do, It's also another reason why we have around 446 million EU citizens with freedom of movement but yet business groups and the government are importing people from 3rd countries to work in the hospitality sectors among others.

"We have among the most generous welfare systems in the World." I keep hearing people say this but yet they don't want this "generous welfare and free houses"

"And they are also accelerating the minimum wage level to meet the living wage line." In a few years but is that raising the minimum wage to the current living wage now or the living wage in the future? If it's to the living wage now it migntn't be enough in a few years time with inflation. At the end of the day this government is more pro-business then pro-worker and especially those on the lower slave wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I know that. It's the right-wing types clutching a straws who are taking contributions like this coucillor's as a sure sign that

There are votes on the right for any party that moves there, so expect FF and FG to go in this direction. 

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

Tbh, if you dont work you should really just get a bed in dormitory style accomodation.....

Literally incredible that those on poor wages, hundreds of thousands are ignored. They are poor. But what? Because they are working, they are less worthy than the welfare warriors?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

It's a great piece of deflection away from her own incompetent party. Blame the poor people for the housing situation and not the parry who been in government for the last ten years. Like blaming immigrants for everything, people will blindly lap it up. Expert dog whistling for the councillor.

She's 100% correct.

Apparently each time a council house is vacated, it has to be stripped and completely refitted from bathroom suite to tiles to floor coverings and appliances to accommodate the new tenant.

If you are offered a council property you take what is offered or fcuk off and sleep on the nearest park bench.

Yes. I want them tossed on the street and all benefits and entitlements reduced to a bare minimum.

When we have people coming into this country, who don't look like us, who don't speak the language but who are willing to hold down 4 jobs to survive, then you know we have an abusive class of folk who refuse to work. If you are Irish born, can get up in the morning and make your breakfast and own a smart phone, you can go out and find a job. Every government agency is there to aid you...it's a question of self-discipline.

Just because I work, have a nice car and can take a holiday does not entitle anyone who refuses to get a job to my lifestyle. Nothing comes from nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So if you can't afford private rentals, you're not entitled to a safe heated house, or to have any disabilities catered for. We should bring back the workhouses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,717 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I thought #20 were going to be politicians 😂

With regards to the councillor in this instance, well it’s not much more than ‘troll gets trolled’. She’s in a position of authority and responsibility, decides to use that position to take a massive dump on a section of Irish society, then goes on national media to complain about the backsplash.

No sympathy for her whatsoever, and no, she wasn’t “telling the truth”, she was shìt-stirring, and hoping that her ideas would resonate with other people like a fart in an echo chamber. Nobody, when they take a dump on someone, is entitled to expect those people should be held to a different standard of having to be civil in expressing their dissatisfaction with being dumped on.

People will use that reaction to justify their already low opinions of other people by way of saying “Look at how they react, I told you they’re not fit for civilised society”. Standard stuff from a politician who knows they’re up to their neck in shìt - dump on other people to take the spotlight off themselves.

Totally Agree. Yet they are now so spineless, mainly because of the leftwing media. Their main concern is welfare claimants. Announced yesterday, more welfare bonuses... if they have countless billions to squander on welfare, usc should be abolished...

So much is about optics. If fg started making some well overdue welfare reforms, even if it saved 100 million a year i.e nothing in the scheme of things, they would get a massively disproportionate increase in airport, because at least taxpayers would feel someone is listening to them and less of their tax is being squandered

This sounds insane, but what about giving people bonuses not to have kids before say 28 etc... I mean, virtually nobody we want to have kids, has them before then these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

USC you say...

2016 - Fine Gael plan to abolish 'hated' USC ranks above every other tax promise

Fine Gael plan to abolish 'hated' USC ranks above every other tax promise - Independent.ie

Fine Gael plan to abolish 'hated' USC ranks above every other tax promise

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

They wouldn’t get any disproportionate increase in support because most people who pay tax don’t care about people who are dependent upon welfare or ‘taxes being squandered’ or any of the rest of that nonsense. They care more about being able to provide for themselves and their families.

What you’re suggesting doesn’t rise to the level of insanity, it’s just stupid.

Everything she said was true. What’s your thoughts on the death threats?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...she should have a good chat with social workers and the like, to try understand why such outcomes occur, she might find the truth very unpalatable though, the fact that many are in these type of situations due to polices implemented from success governments, which have of course included her own party!

Nothing she said was true, and can’t be verified in any way because ordinary people don’t have access to that kind of information on people in receipt of social welfare benefits or allowances.

My thoughts on the death threats? Pretty stupid thing to be doing if it can be verified that there’s any truth in that claim too, they’re a matter for Gardaí, using the limited resources they have as a consequence of Government cutbacks, to investigate. I have no doubt the Gardaí will conduct a full and thorough investigation into each and every incident based upon the evidence provided to them by the councillor in question.

The generational work shy exist in almost every country on the planet unless there’s forced labour. This isn’t a government issue it’s a human issue and the only people to blame are the people who don’t want to work. I’m not buying that victim mentality here. These are not the same as those who want to work but can’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bullsh1t!

there are direct links to long term unemployment from all around the world, to government lead polices such as 'austerity, and beyond....

Advertisement