Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build in Rathangan - Millview

Options
  • 30-01-2023 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got this suggestion from someone to start a thread here and see if anyone else is buying a house in this new estate (Millview Demesne) in Rathangan in Kildare.

It would be great to share info on progress etc.

Currently in Phase 1 build and we have been given a completion date of Mid - April.

Curious to see others experience if they see this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pato11

hi,

Just signed up to reply.

I'm about to pay the deposit this week. I visited the site last week to have a look and the town looks lovely. My only concern is the poor public transport to and from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hi Pato,

Are you phase 1 or two? Yeah that is something that we had to factor in but we have two cars so we just need to be reliant on that. It is about ten minutes drive to kildare village so I guess that would be the closest to getting the train into Dublin. There is a bus from Rathangan to Newbridge but I'm not that certain how frequent it is.

Town itself is really nice, get a great vibe from it and have had very positive feedback from people who live there. I found yesterday that there is a river walk that goes from robertstown through rathangan and onwards for around 120km's so thats interesting! (Barrow Way).

It would be great to hear how you get on with the developers and estate agent. We are currently trying to get the specs for the kitchen so we can order the right size fridge etc. We have been told we can't get in to see the house until three weeks before the completion date but hoping we can get in earlier.

Hi rejkin,

I was given the same estimated date mid-April so phase 1. Thanks for the info about the public transport and I guess we have to rely on private cars. The river walk is lovely and 120km wow! I also had to check floodinfo.ie since I was told to check the risk of flooding if I intend to live nearby any river. Maybe I worry too much :)!

It would be great if we could get a copy of the house specification but I guess we would have to wait until we get closer to the date. Have you asked to make any upgrades or changes that you would like to make to the floor plans or specifications of the house?

Yeah, I found a report on the EPA's website outlining minimal risk of flooding when they last did a report back in (I think) 2019 so that looks good.

I asked about the upgrades or changes and the estate agent said they won't be doing any at all. Did you ask?

Yes I asked and I was told they only provide what is included with no extras.

• Advertisement

Least I know I'm not the only one!

Keep me updated on anything you hear. I'll be chasing for the specs so when I get them I will let you know.

I will let you know if I hear anything.

Have you started making plans for the tilings and floorings, blinds, curtains, etc (excluding white goods)? I'm completely new to this!

Also, for the snagger, if you recommend anyone. I understand that some offer discounts if more than 1 property is being snagged on the same day in the same estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Claireeee23

Hi just randomly found this thread to my delight! We also put our deposit down last week (Phase1) and would be interested in knowing EVERYTHING fridge specs etc. also if you guys are ordering floors maybe I should be more proactive! I’m totally new to all this 😳 Also we were told mid march for phase 1 😑😑

@pato11 would love to start organising floors and white good but need to get specs for them so going to have to chase the estate agent on this. It would probably speed that up If more of us hound them for it!

Regarding the snagger,I might have a snagger from a friend who did one a year or two ago. Ill see about getting their details.

@Claireeee23 definitely think if more of us chase them they will get the specs out. The houses are up so no reason why they can't send them from the architects specs as well. We used the 3d map on the website to get an estimate for the couch but that won't work for the kitchen.

I think there might be earlier completion dates for the first half of the houses on phase 1 since I've seen them go up first. I've visited the place a good few times!

@Claireeee23, Welcome to the thread! I'm still doing my research and haven't ordered anything yet. I'm also new to this and it's a learning curve for me!

@rejkin, I will do the same and try to get the specs, and hopefully, we can get it!

• Advertisement

Hiya, thanks for getting back to me 😊yeah we’re going to ring in the morning and ask about the specs, going to look at sofas and order them asap! Also need to get floor prices etc. so specs are needed for sure so I’ll let you know if we get them!

yeah we are in the four beds at the very front and they look pretty much done all very exciting now.

we were looking up the county council to see what other developments are happening around us. Did any of you look any of it up by any chance?

Thanks a mil, it’s great to have the thread! Just wondering if any of you are travelling to dublin if you know what’s the most straightforward way to go .. we went a few ways off at exit 10 but roads seem windy enough and then exit 12 another time through the curragh any experiences on the best roads to use if your going to dublin?

@Claireeee23 good to hear,the quicker we all get the specs the quicker we can order stuff and not go into empty houses!

Regarding the drive to Dublin, exit 12 seems to be the most ideal but I think it will depend on the morning itself. In some cases traffic could build up with the m9 merge so it could be quicker going towards Newbridge.

Pretty much all the routes are back roads but at least you're not restricted to traffic if it is bad on the n7 at points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emeroc

Hi Guys

just stumbled upon this thread while googling the estate! I’ve put a deposit on what I think is phase 2.

Would be great to keep up with your experience with all this I’m completely new too to this! I’ve been told August completion but since start of Jan they have probably half of the second phase houses up so hoping it’ll be a little sooner!

Great to hear emeroc,that date sounds likely for phase 2.

No update so far from the estate agent but I have been down there and tested the mobile network speed,looking good at around 23mbs on three. at least we won't have to worry about lack of internet while we wait for it to be installed.

Ye internet is quite good around there.

I currently only live less than 20 mins away from there and it’s such a nice area.

very friendly and the walks on the canal are really enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DirectorKrennic

Hi all, can I just ask what the booking deposit is? The reason I ask is, about 2 years I noticed booking deposits were like 2,3 or 5k but lately I notice some places are now asking for 10k. Good luck with your new homes! :)

Refundable deposit was 5k but that seemed to be average for everywhere when I looked into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TIERNEY89

Hi All, I have been looking for a thread for our new estate for months now, and never found one! Thanks for making this one.

We have been told April for Phase 1, we are in the 2nd row. I drive over there a lot, and scaffolding for 2 row is all down as of maybe 2 weeks ago now. Looks like the first row are nearly ready to be moved into, which is exciting!

I have hounded the estate agent for exact specs for kitchen and living room! But telling me all he has are the ones online, which has to be lies as 4 & 3 beds are fully built now! 🤷🏼‍♂️ We are afraid of buying a L-Shape couch, as there is 2 entrances to living room, so we don’t want any doors partially/fully blocked off due to the couch, so really want exact specs. & with the kitchen, it is all integrated, so needs sizes ect. Wait times for all these items could be a while as well. They should have the decency to help us as much as possible, especially with how much we are paying for these houses 😂 I sound like such a ‘Karen’, but just want this to go smoothly as possible for my family moving in. I don’t like not being prepared, especially when I am so so new to this stuff.

Also would any of you be interested if I made a FaceBook group for our estate?

• Advertisement

FB group would be great! Much easier to keep in contact via FB!

I’ll try get one created today, & I will drop the link or name of the group here 🙂

I popped over last week and they were doing driveway/back garden/fences on phase 1 so very close to being finished!

hopefully phase 2 won’t be too far behind!

Hi guys, here is the group I made! Add & I will accept once I get a notification! This will be easier for us to chat ect 🙂

I don’t seem to be able to find the page on FB I’m not sure if it’s private so doesn’t show up on search

If you wanna search again, it spell checked ‘Demense’ to ‘Demesne’ 😂 I have now changed it, might work now.

Great idea about the Facebook page. Had to create a Facebook account just for it,haven't used Facebook in years but I heard the rathangan page is good for requests If you need someone for a job on the house.

What page is that you’re on about for jobs for the house?

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068366105066

Advertisement