Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnfrank1967

Have basic manners and don't flush after dropping off a load in the ensuite toilet during sleeping hours.

Poke down any floaters for reducing odours.

Was up at a wedding in Monaghan on Friday. Full of red-faced lads who drive a lorry for a living talking about the price of drink in Dublin while sinking about 4 pints per hour. The shirts see through with sweat and not a full set of teeth between an entire table. Different breed tbh

Took on a lot of porter during the day, and the greasy cocktail sausages served after the band finished playing had me making serious time as I bounded towards the jacks to make a bit of room for the breakfast in the morning. Had been using the facilities in the main hotel all day for pissing purposes, but had to make do with the ones just off the dance floor for this.

Sweet suffering mother of Jehovah, I never saw a scene like it. Vomit in 2 of the 4 urinals, both sinks blocked with water and hand towels, first cubicle had a broken toilet brush lodged in it, 2nd had 3 chocolate hotdogs resting in the pan, and the 3rd had some massive unit passed out with his trousers around his ankles and his chubb peeking out from the keyhole in his boxers. He had definitely pissed himself and I’d be fairly certain that wasn’t the only bodily discharge he attempted to undertake.

Made it up to the en-suite in the bedroom and did my business. No other choice. Wasn’t great, and scuppered my plan for an old bit of the “beast with two backs” with herself an hour later when she arrived back and caught a whiff of it.

Wouldn’t happen in the Merrion is all I’m saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Have been reading the en-suite posts with interest. Personally, I never log out in there. But each to his own.

Reminded me though - I was out foreign last year on company business and had cause to be in an apartment. Nicely furnished and appointed 3 bed unit. However, everything revolved around the large living / kitchen area. All doors led off it, including the jacks. There'd be no hiding or denying it. The minute you opened the door you'd release odours into the living area. Wasn't an issue when I was there thankfully. Same people also consider it very bad manners for visitors to leave their shoes on. Guest slippers are available in most houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sounds Korean to this poster,spent some time there back in the day.

Very hygiene conscious they were.Get on yer wick a bit if truth be told.

Took some pleasure in bunting out some thick gouts of spicy midden into the ‘main pot’ prior to leaving for work an letting the fetid stink blow through the premises all day.

Had to stop when the ‘management’ issued warnings if the practice continued the area would be shut down for days while deep cleaning occurred.

Shook the fcukkers up though, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

mmmm ...mite have to take the 5th on thaaaaat one D...Mrs P is not one for having rank odours in the unsaddling enclosure.

Popped a sour mushroom of scrattle in the en-suite a couple of years ago whilst in my cups ....upchukked in the sink...and left a very badly stained pair of Calvins hanging on the door handle.

My rather lame excuse of "At least I didn't flood the bed" cut no ice and small ablutions and teeth brushing is the only activity I can carry out in the en-suite these days !

Rum do....innit ?

• Advertisement

Could you run a damp facecloth over the fruit basket, Nev, or would even that be considered bad etiquette?

Yes indeed Dr...such activity perfectly acceptable

Start with hot facecloth...clean out the "gutters" and the "No man's land" area.

Rinse and re heat and give the brown penny a good "bottoming" with judicious use of the middle digit.

Check for spoil... clean and re heat.

Slightly cooler cloth for the "finesse" part of the operation...sanitising the todger and deep cleaning and "de-cheesing" the bell end.

Caution advised for the latter part....

Dry off...apply some vaseline to the undercarriage and gutters ....a lite dusting of talc to the fruit barsket...good spray of Lynx Africa to the business end of the skunnies and HEY !

New Man !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How many squares of toilet paper does ot take to restore the trapdoor to pristine condition after doing the Business

Depends on the quality of the paper, the reach of the owner and the footprint of the damage done around ground zero.

Contained damage required little attention , dab in the ‘eye is usually enough,however uncontained explosion can take several wads and sometimes can require status 2 attention with a long handled brush or a ‘sawing motion’ with the towel.

Make sure to fold properly afterwards, the Shroud of Turin is not acceptable.

Hope that helps…

Good tips there BB. Depending on circumstances though, the towel may require a hot wash or even disposal. Unfolding to reveal something like a Rorschach Test could cause tension in the household.

• Advertisement

Yes, could indeed, good dumping strategy if Option 2 is deployed would be to ensure that you are not associated with the carnage if at all possible, like not eating a bag of Tortilla corn chips or maybe a two layer Burrito with Mexican wedges prior to blast off.

Fcukkers leave a ferocious bang around the gaff that even a full box of bbq matches couldn’t dissipate.

But as you correctly point out not always possible and if Great aunt Agatha unfolded a towel looking like the Derby County goalmouth in the sixties, it could be serious.

Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

Could have done with the calving jack just a short time ago...

A days work in itself to deliver the goods..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Calving jack.....Have you ever Googled something and quickly wished you had'nt!!!!!

Not since I googled Gail Platt topless, easy. Therapy has helped, as has alcohol.

Had you never heard of a calving Jack? You must be a Jackeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Gail Platt topless...that's just disgusting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Widespread gails. An image that would pucker any starfish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve paid to bang uglier, ‘twas an relaxing bit of room cardio for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnfrank1967

I have my diet in good check at the moment, green party would be proud. Knocking ghosties out of the park, I expect the weekend to bring a brief end to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When you produce a messy one how do you avoid getting faecal material on your hands as you clean the exit valve pipe to its former glory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Moist arse wipes are your friend but a face flannel belonging to someone you don't like is a more environmentally friendly option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Just back from Rome. Lot of beer and wine and heavy pasta and pizza left me a little bloated. "Accidentally" cropdusted a couple's table on the way to the jacks in the restaurant, pretty sure I saw them sending their food back a few moments later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Had a feed of a local chipper snack box last night (much better than the pat mcdonagh offering) and a couple of battered sausages.

The auld stomach and bowels ain't feeling in great condition...I feel a storm coming.

Herself got this mad idea that we would try a vegetarian week. Started Sunday. Lots of overnight oats, freshly squeezed juice, beans, pulses, raw green vegetables. Not my scene at all really, but shunted out a Crufts Best in Show into the pan this morning. Also woke up with a boner you could clear a bedsit of crusties with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Pebble dashed the insides of the old Armitage Shanks in work this morning after a big fry and left it resembling a painters radio......thank god for contract cleaners ☺️

Had Mrs P dripping like a gravel truck at the traffic lights I’d say?

Sank her into the root?

Jerst thought I would get the thread back on track a bit and let folks know that I dropped an arseful of really sour sedge in the "downstairs" this morn.

Even suffered a bit of "blowback" due to the high velocity impact on the pewter....the high intake of prune juice really worked as before that I was only squeezing out bits of clinker .

Jerst thought I would give youse the heads up ....

The downstairs? That's either very risky, or an act of silent (but deadly) protest. Had you the in-laws around or something? Talking about a will or what to do with the 14 acres of bogland down in Roscommon now that Uncle Malachy is gone to the county home, and not wanting them to hang around longer than they need to.

Surprised you used the ‘downstairs’ to blow out a big ‘un, Parsnipp.

Not good practice, and certainly not after a while on the ‘pebbles’.

Personally always use the ‘big lavvie’ when there’s a big lad marinating, in fact only yesterday

gouted out a sludgy load which sat like bagwomans jocks glowering at me from pan.

The downstairs wouldn’t have taken the load, I’m sure of that.

• Advertisement

Real King Kong’s thumb was it Brendan? Not a bit of “arse baccie” on the pewter? Still half inside ya by the time the start of it had drowned?

Advertisement